Jason Young to get new trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

JusticeFever

Reaction score
Breaking News: April 1, 2014 NC Appeals Court orders 3rd Trial for Jason Young.

Yes!

Sent from your mom's smartphone

I agree, in a way. This is one case that left me with more questions that answers. Couldn't get past the lack of evidence or find any credible motive.This new court ruling is based on the civil suit and custody agreement that "severely impacted Jason Young's ability to receive a fair trial."
Between this new trial and Brad Cooper's new trial and/or unless Alford pleas are offered, NC is going to be really busy.

NC Appeals Court orders third murder trial for Jason Young

Raleigh, N.C. — The North Carolina Court of Appeals on Tuesday ordered a third trial for a man convicted of murdering his pregnant wife in their Wake County home seven years ago, saying a judge should not have allowed evidence about a wrongful death lawsuit.

Jason Lynn Young, 39, is serving life in prison for first-degree murder in the Nov. 3, 2006, beating death of Michelle Young, who was five months' pregnant when her sister found her body in a pool of blood in the Youngs' bedroom

http://www.wral.com/nc-appeals-court-orders-new-murder-trial-for-jason-young/13528780/

Is the daycare worker's testimony thrown out too?

Ok, read the article. Fine, take out the civil cases and prosecute him again. He will be found guilty again. Thanks in part to his full-of-sh... testimony during trial #1. <mod snip>.

No, that was not listed in the ruling, only the decision to let the wrongful death suit and the custody agreement to be allowed in Young's 2nd trial is the basis of the decision to grant a new 3rd trial.

Nope. It stays in as an "excited utterance" and I think that's a good thing!

Ok, read the article. Fine, take out the civil cases and prosecute him again. He will be found guilty again. Thanks in part to his full-of-sh... testimony during trial #1. <mod snip>.

Do you have a link to the video of them picking apart his testimony? What were the holes in it?

I agree, in a way. This is one case that left me with more questions that answers. Couldn't get past the lack of evidence or find any credible motive.This new court ruling is based on the civil suit and custody agreement that "severely impacted Jason Young's ability to receive a fair trial."
Between this new trial and Brad Cooper's new trial and/or unless Alford pleas are offered, NC is going to be really busy.

Me, too. Isn't that writer named Peterson also getting a new trial? Maybe NC Judges have a bias that the husbands are always guilty whether they did it or not. I never could figure out why the Judge didn't recuse himself after calling him a slayer in the civil case.

Trial #1 testimony resulted in jury deadlocked so I'm not sure of your point. He could always testify again. In fact, he should, imo.

I agree, and I think JY is guilty as h3ll! I don't see how anyone watching the trial could think otherwise, but we are all free to have our own opinions!

:moo:

After watching every day of testimonyin trial #2, I am convinced, beyond a reasonable doubt, that this <mod snip>, like Judge Stephens said -I paraphrase- beat his pregnant wife to dearth until he was too tired to hit her anymore. Even with the civil suits taken out of testimony, I am still convinced of his guilt (and his absolute lack of care, remorse, or any sense of personal responsibility).

If anyone has doubts, they can review the footage themselves. It is available on youtube.

I heard the same thing, seattlechiquita, and I believe that is exactly what happened.

After watching every day of testimonyin trial #2, I am convinced, beyond a reasonable doubt, that this <mod snip>, like Judge Stephens said -I paraphrase- beat his pregnant wife to dearth until he was too tired to hit her anymore. Even with the civil suits taken out of testimony, I am still convinced of his guilt (and his absolute lack of care, remorse, or any sense of personal responsibility).

If anyone has doubts, they can review the footage themselves. It is available on youtube.

But you are basing your opinions on inadmissible testimony. It is more important to me that everyone receives a fair trial. A Judge who has already determined he was guilty is going to be severely biased and this one was. Jurors are greatly influenced by the Judge's demeanor. I think this is the first trial I ever watched where a civil ruling of slayer was admitted as evidence. That's so over the top, it is sorta sickening to those of us who care about rights of due process.

Agree on the two above posts!!!

But you are basing your opinions on inadmissible testimony. It is more important to me that everyone receives a fair trial. A Judge who has already determined he was guilty is going to be severely biased and this one was. Jurors are greatly influenced by the Judge's demeanor. I think this is the first trial I ever watched where a civil ruling of slayer was admitted as evidence. That's so over the top, it is sorta sickening to those of us who care about rights of due process.

I'm all for a fair trial, HE GOT ONE!!! As a matter of fact, he GOT TWO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme