933 users online (114 members and 819 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1297
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,316
    I saw and heard all I needed to in JY's trial to have voted a strong GUILTY had I been on that jury. I would not have given in either.

    MOO
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    258
    The daycare stuff, didn't CY have a female doll attacking the mommy doll?

    Sent from your mom's smartphone

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,363
    Jason Young Murder Conviction Overturned: New video:

    http://www.wral.com/specialreports/M...ideo/13530554/

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeFever View Post
    Jason Young Murder Conviction Overturned: New video:

    http://www.wral.com/specialreports/m...ideo/13530554/
    FTFY


    Sent from your mom's smartphone
    Last edited by jova33; 04-01-2014 at 04:04 PM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,345
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    The daycare stuff, didn't CY have a female doll attacking the mommy doll?

    Sent from your mom's smartphone
    I think so. It came six days after the murder so if she made any other comments to others such as her dad, family, friends it will probably also be allowed at retrial. I've always held the opinion the little girl should have been interviewed by a professional to see what she observed. Cops really dropped the ball there, imo.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,363
    Is there a chance JY could make bail? Didn't he the last time between trials 1-2?
    I followed this and the Cooper case and I can see possible plea deals coming down the road.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,934
    OMG. I didn't think about bail. Yes, he was out before and during his last trial. Oh no. Mama put up bond for her baby boy before. Surely if she can, she will this time.

    If you ask me, he's a flight risk.

    And if he does get out, which he probably will, I hope to god he doesn't get to see
    CY!! That poor child.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,954
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    The daycare stuff, didn't CY have a female doll attacking the mommy doll?

    Sent from your mom's smartphone
    Yes, giving it a spanking.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by jilly View Post
    Yes, giving it a spanking.
    So how was this used as evidence against him? Shouldn't that be evidence the murderer was possibly female?

    I think this was included so that the jury would make an emotional decision and not a logical one.

    Sent from your mom's smartphone

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by jilly View Post
    Yes, giving it a spanking.
    Was this the one where she said Mommy got a spanking for biting?
    Because I just remembered that JY didn't have any marks on him.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Boodles View Post
    OMG. I didn't think about bail. Yes, he was out before and during his last trial. Oh no. Mama put up bond for her baby boy before. Surely if she can, she will this time.

    If you ask me, he's a flight risk.

    And if he does get out, which he probably will, I hope to god he doesn't get to see
    CY!! That poor child.
    Crazy, isn't it? At this time both Young and Cooper have had their convictions overturned and are back to square 1. What a day in North Carolina this has to be,

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,345
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    So how was this used as evidence against him? Shouldn't that be evidence the murderer was possibly female?

    I think this was included so that the jury would make an emotional decision and not a logical one.

    Sent from your mom's smartphone
    I think it should have been evidence the child possibly witnessed the brutal murder of her mom and should have been interviewed by a trained investigator.

    I agree the prosecution played on emotions rather than evidence. The same thing happened in the Cooper case.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,357
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    Trial #1 testimony resulted in jury deadlocked so I'm not sure of your point. He could always testify again. In fact, he should, imo.
    Yes, indeed he should.


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeFever View Post
    Was this the one where she said Mommy got a spanking for biting?
    Because I just remembered that JY didn't have any marks on him.
    Yes, but it was also explained that CY might have received a spanking for biting and just associated biting as a reason for her mommy getting a "spanking". That sounds believable, but still doesn't prove JY was there.

    Sent from your mom's smartphone

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    Yes, indeed he should.
    I'm sending him a birthday card, I'll ask if he plans on testifying. I think he should as well. Him not testifying was part of the jury's reason for their verdict.

    Could someone link to his testimony and link to the second trial where the prosecution went over his testimony?
    Edit: I remember watching it, and it seemed like they were nit picking his story. i.e. he said he was doing work on his laptop, while he was actually updating his fantasy football.
    Sent from your mom's smartphone

Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Jason Young to get new trial #4
    By fran in forum Michelle Young
    Replies: 1206
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 08:34 AM
  2. Jason Young to get new trial #3
    By fran in forum Michelle Young
    Replies: 1655
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 06:58 PM
  3. Jason Young to get new trial #2
    By fran in forum Michelle Young
    Replies: 1369
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 11:47 AM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 05:53 PM
  5. POLL: Verdict Watch in Jason Young Trial #2
    By ynotdivein in forum Michelle Young
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 01:18 PM

Tags for this Thread