867 users online (89 members and 778 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1297
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    Yes, but it was also explained that CY might have received a spanking for biting and just associated biting as a reason for her mommy getting a "spanking". That sounds believable, but still doesn't prove JY was there.

    Sent from your mom's smartphone
    Yes, I remember now and she never said that it was Daddy hitting Mommy, right?

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeFever View Post
    Yes, I remember now and she never said that it was Daddy hitting Mommy, right?
    Yep. I'm still curious about the sex of the attacker doll. I thought I read it was female.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,345
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    I'm sending him a birthday card, I'll ask if he plans on testifying. I think he should as well. Him not testifying was part of the jury's reason for their verdict.

    Could someone link to his testimony and link to the second trial where the prosecution went over his testimony?
    Edit: I remember watching it, and it seemed like they were nit picking his story. i.e. he said he was doing work on his laptop, while he was actually updating his fantasy football.
    Sent from your mom's smartphone
    Sorry, I don't have his testimony. I think the second jury was influenced by social media and prejudged him before the trial started. They were just looking for an excuse to defend their verdict. I'd like to see him testify.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    I'm sending him a birthday card, I'll ask if he plans on testifying. I think he should as well. Him not testifying was part of the jury's reason for their verdict.

    Could someone link to his testimony and link to the second trial where the prosecution went over his testimony?
    Edit: I remember watching it, and it seemed like they were nit picking his story. i.e. he said he was doing work on his laptop, while he was actually updating his fantasy football.
    Sent from your mom's smartphone
    BBM

    JUSTICE FOR MICHELLE AND RYLAN


    All posts, unless sourced, are my opinion only and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you!!!!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    Yep. I'm still curious about the sex of the attacker doll. I thought I read it was female.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    The daycare had no male dolls. The dolls CY picked up-one had long dark hair, the "mommy" doll and the other doll had short blonde hair, like daddy!
    JUSTICE FOR MICHELLE AND RYLAN


    All posts, unless sourced, are my opinion only and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you!!!!

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,366
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    I agree, and I think JY is guilty as h3ll! I don't see how anyone watching the trial could think otherwise, but we are all free to have our own opinions!

    You're right, LaLaw. And I am thankful for being able to hear & speak all kinds of opinions.

    My opinion is in large part based on facts that came out in the trials -- both trials. Facts which were not erased in the second trial.

    To wit:

    • He didn't want to be married.


    • He didn't want another child.


    • He didn't want to pay child support.


    • He had slept with other women during his marriage.


    • His wife was running circles around him professionally. In fact, he was failing in each successive job.


    • They had money problems.


    • Michelle had a nice insurance policy on her life -- for which he knew not to file a claim...


    • Nothing was stolen from the house.


    • The house did not appear to be ransacked.


    • There was no evidence of a break-in.


    • Michelle's handbag was sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor -- nothing seemed to be missing.


    • J. Young called Kim on a ruse the next day so that she would go to the Young house to get a print-out -- so that she would find his little daughter. Young even had his mother call her with the same story. His mother had never called Kim before.


    • His shirt & shoes & pants shown in the motel video near midnight were never found -- they were not left in his motel room; they were not what he was wearing when he reached Kim's house in Fuquay-Varina; they were not in the luggage in the car which was seized by LE when he reached F-V.


    • He was identified by Gracie in the gas station/quick pick place at a time when he said he was asleep in the motel room.


    • The camera in the stairwell was tampered with twice that night.


    • The exit door in the stairwell was jammed open with a rock from outside the room.


    • He said he had breakfast in the motel, but he was not seen on the camera in that breakfast room during the time he said he was there.


    • He was late for his meeting that he had scheduled the day after the murder.


    • The bloody shoe prints in the bedroom -- yes, two sizes -- one was his size.


    • "Daddy is spanking Mommy for biting."


    • "Daddy did it," is easy to hear (more than once) on the full 911 call Kim placed when she found her sister dead in the master bedroom. ETA: Please Note: This was not entered into evidence in the trial. Please forgive the error.

    There's more, but I don't have the time.
    Last edited by borndem; 04-01-2014 at 06:16 PM. Reason: eta


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    Sorry, I don't have his testimony. I think the second jury was influenced by social media and prejudged him before the trial started. They were just looking for an excuse to defend their verdict. I'd like to see him testify.
    I read somewhere else that their opinion is the jurors read this forum.

    Also, the foreman said like 5 of them were convinced he was guilty from the beginning of the trial.

    Sent from your mom's smartphone

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    You're right, LaLaw. And I am thankful for being able to hear & speak all kinds of opinions.

    My opinion is in large part based on facts that came out in the trials -- both trials. Facts which were not erased in the second trial.

    To wit:

    • He didn't want to be married.


    • He didn't want another child.


    • He didn't want to pay child support.


    • He had slept with other women during his marriage.


    • His wife was running circles around him professionally. In fact, he was failing in each successive job.


    • They had money problems.


    • Michelle had a nice insurance policy on her life -- for which he knew not to file a claim...


    • Nothing was stolen from the house.


    • The house did not appear to be ransacked.


    • There was no evidence of a break-in.


    • Michelle's handbag was sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor -- nothing seemed to be missing.


    • J. Young called Kim on a ruse the next day so that she would go to the Young house to get a print-out -- so that she would find his little daughter. Young even had his mother call her with the same story. His mother had never called Kim before.


    • His shirt & shoes & pants shown in the motel video near midnight were never found -- they were not left in his motel room; they were not what he was wearing when he reached Kim's house in Fuquay-Varina; they were not in the luggage in the car which was seized by LE when he reached F-V.


    • He was identified by Gracie in the gas station/quick pick place at a time when he said he was asleep in the motel room.


    • The camera in the stairwell was tampered with twice that night.


    • The exit door in the stairwell was jammed open with a rock from outside the room.


    • He said he had breakfast in the motel, but he was not seen on the camera in that breakfast room during the time he said he was there.


    • He was late for his meeting that he had scheduled the day after the murder.


    • The bloody shoe prints in the bedroom -- yes, two sizes -- one was his size.


    • "Daddy is spanking Mommy for biting."


    • "Daddy did it," is easy to hear (more than once) on the full 911 call Kim placed when she found her sister dead in the master bedroom.

    There's more, but I don't have the time.
    CY never once said "daddy did it".

    The brain damaged gas station attendant only identified him after being shown his picture. They didn't show her a photo array or a series of photos, they only showed her JY's

    Sent from your mom's smartphone

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,953
    Can Young use the Alford Plea, like Abaroa, and be sentenced to 99 months minus time served?

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,345
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    I read somewhere else that their opinion is the jurors read this forum.

    Also, the foreman said like 5 of them were convinced he was guilty from the beginning of the trial.

    Sent from your mom's smartphone
    Reading or discussing the case during a trial is supposed to be forbidden. I took the rules seriously when I was on a jury a few years ago. It wasn't all that hard.

    Hopefully, next time around citizens are selected who understand and respect their civic duty.


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Coffeelandia
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Can Young use the Alford Plea, like Abaroa, and be sentenced to 99 months minus time served?
    I would imagine he can, but doubt he will.
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    Reading or discussing the case during a trial is supposed to be forbidden. I took the rules seriously when I was on a jury a few years ago. It wasn't all that hard.

    Hopefully, next time around citizens are selected who understand and respect their civic duty.
    It was one of the things a juror said, it echoed a comment off this forum. This was just the opinion of a comment left on a blog. The jury was investigated for misconduct, but nothing came of the investigation.

    Sent from your mom's smartphone

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,345
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Can Young use the Alford Plea, like Abaroa, and be sentenced to 99 months minus time served?
    I dunno. I think there is a strong possibility Young is innocent. Abaroa, uh, not so much.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,345
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    It was one of the things a juror said, it echoed a comment off this forum. This was just the opinion of a comment left on a blog. The jury was investigated for misconduct, but nothing came of the investigation.

    Sent from your mom's smartphone
    What was the comment about? I'm curious.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,953
    Quote Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
    I would imagine he can, but doubt he will.
    Why not? He's facing a life time in jail, and rolling the dice might result in another conviction. Time served is probably close to 8.25 years, so the Alford Plea would guarantee that he will be free soon. Wouldn't that be the best option under the circumstances?

Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Jason Young to get new trial #4
    By fran in forum Michelle Young
    Replies: 1206
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 08:34 AM
  2. Jason Young to get new trial #3
    By fran in forum Michelle Young
    Replies: 1655
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 06:58 PM
  3. Jason Young to get new trial #2
    By fran in forum Michelle Young
    Replies: 1369
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 11:47 AM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 05:53 PM
  5. POLL: Verdict Watch in Jason Young Trial #2
    By ynotdivein in forum Michelle Young
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 01:18 PM

Tags for this Thread