Cutting it close: Pa. man survives accident that put chainsaw into his neck

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/01/us/chainsaw-accident-survivor/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Cutting it close: Pa. man survives accident that put chainsaw into his neck
By Elizabeth Landers, CNN
updated 11:26 PM EDT, Tue April 1, 2014

(CNN) -- The calendar said March, but Monday clearly was Valentine's day -- James Valentine, to be specific -- when the 21-year-old Pennsylvania man survived a work accident that sent the razor-sharp teeth of a chainsaw blade deep into his neck and shoulder, and barely a centimeter from a vital artery.

Thanks to quick but cautious work by his colleagues and medical responders, 30 stitches and an hour of surgery, a day after the accident Valentine was recovering in stable condition at a Pennsylvania hospital.....

:scared:

Glad his colleagues and medical responders didn't lose their heads.

Where is this thread headed?

He said 'it could have been a lot worse, someone's looking out for me.' I guess he's talking about an angel, or higher spirit. Whenever I hear that, I wonder, where was the guy that was supposed to be looking out for him before the chainsaw hit his neck? How about a heads up: you're about to get your noggin cut off?

He said 'it could have been a lot worse, someone's looking out for me.' I guess he's talking about an angel, or higher spirit. Whenever I hear that, I wonder, where was the guy that was supposed to be looking out for him before the chainsaw hit his neck? How about a heads up: you're about to get your noggin cut off?

It's similar to athletes thanking God for a win, but never blaming him for a loss.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back