713 users online (84 members and 629 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,796

    NC - Junior Allen freed after 35 years "lost in the system"

    After spending more than half of his life behind bars for stealing a television set, 65-year-old Junior Allen walked out of prison Friday -- a free man at last.

    A Johnston County jury convicted Allen in 1970 of second-degree burglary for stealing a black-and-white TV worth $140. He was sentenced to life in prison.

    If he committed the same crime today, he might be sentenced to probation.

    Allen's attorney, Richard Rosen, said he believes Allen's case became lost in the judicial system.

    http://www.nbc17.com/news/4542014/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern US
    Posts
    1,207

    Thumbs down

    wow,
    that's horrible!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon25
    wow,
    that's horrible!!!
    Especially considering the case that was featured here a few days ago.

    Robert Laplante, 46, pleaded guilty to a total of 371 counts related to child pornography involving at least nine known victims from 1996 to 2004.

    Connon sentenced Laplante to a six- to nine-year state prison term. In doing so he exceeded the state's recommended sentencing guidelines.

    The guidelines call for a sentence of 40 to 60 months, roughly 3 1/2 to five years.

    Connon also ordered Laplante to be on 10 years' probation upon release from prison with the highest level of supervision possible

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,705
    And he is still on 5 years probabtion!


    The parole commision tries to allude that he had some behavoir problems "in the past" or while in prison...

    Hmmm Spending ones lifetime in prison with killers and rapists who get out LOOOOOONG before you would maybe P*SS someone off from time to time???

    I don't mean to bring race into this but 1970 NC??
    I knew before I ever opened the link that he wasn't caucasion.
    IMO that had a lot to do with getting life over 140$ TV
    I wonder how many african americans sat on that jury?? I also wonder the race of the person who's tv was stolen?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern US
    Posts
    1,207
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryKate
    And he is still on 5 years probabtion!


    The parole commision tries to allude that he had some behavoir problems "in the past" or while in prison...

    Hmmm Spending ones lifetime in prison with killers and rapists who get out LOOOOOONG before you would maybe P*SS someone off from time to time???

    I don't mean to bring race into this but 1970 NC??
    I knew before I ever opened the link that he wasn't caucasion.
    IMO that had a lot to do with getting life over 140$ TV
    I wonder how many african americans sat on that jury?? I also wonder the race of the person who's tv was stolen?
    Wow,

    It makes you wonder if there are other people out there
    who really shouldn't be in prison anymore but are "lost".
    Stealing is wrong, yes, but he basically lost his life over it

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,856
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryKate
    And he is still on 5 years probabtion!


    The parole commision tries to allude that he had some behavoir problems "in the past" or while in prison...

    Hmmm Spending ones lifetime in prison with killers and rapists who get out LOOOOOONG before you would maybe P*SS someone off from time to time???

    I don't mean to bring race into this but 1970 NC??
    I knew before I ever opened the link that he wasn't caucasion.
    IMO that had a lot to do with getting life over 140$ TV
    I wonder how many african americans sat on that jury?? I also wonder the race of the person who's tv was stolen?
    I also wonder how much $ was spent to keep this man in prison (probably a bit more than 140- as well as how many pedos and rapists went through the revolving door.
    Absolutely disgusting.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,796
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    Especially considering the case that was featured here a few days ago.

    Robert Laplante, 46, pleaded guilty to a total of 371 counts related to child pornography involving at least nine known victims from 1996 to 2004.

    Connon sentenced Laplante to a six- to nine-year state prison term. In doing so he exceeded the state's recommended sentencing guidelines.

    The guidelines call for a sentence of 40 to 60 months, roughly 3 1/2 to five years.

    Connon also ordered Laplante to be on 10 years' probation upon release from prison with the highest level of supervision possible
    Golfmom, when I posted this I wondered how many baby rapers they let out in the 35 yrs. this guy was in.
    Yes this was probably a racially motivated problem. 1960's and 1970's in N.C. was not a safe time/place for black people.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,380
    He didnt just steal a TV..........he broke in and beat the woman nearly to death.
    Her daughter(who is black) has spoken out about this all over the place here in NC.He was a drug addict,w/ a record,who robbed and viciously beat a woman.
    Did others who had "worse" crimes serve less time-yes *BUT* he was kept in jail for a reason.............Locally there is alot more info out about this and its NOT racial(the victim was black).The crime was henious.
    Its not fair murders got out sooner but I wouldnt lose any sleep over this guy serving time.............
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    23,626
    Quote Originally Posted by messiecake
    He didnt just steal a TV..........he broke in and beat the woman nearly to death.
    Her daughter(who is black) has spoken out about this all over the place here in NC.He was a drug addict,w/ a record,who robbed and viciously beat a woman.
    Did others who had "worse" crimes serve less time-yes *BUT* he was kept in jail for a reason.............Locally there is alot more info out about this and its NOT racial(the victim was black).The crime was henious.
    Its not fair murders got out sooner but I wouldnt lose any sleep over this guy serving time.............
    Thanks for the clarification messiecake, it will help prevent this "alleged miscarriage of justice" from going very much further. It certainly helps to know the whole story.

    Funny how the media manages to leave out a few very salient facts when they report a story. Without that little oversight, they wouldn't have a story.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-31-2015, 11:23 PM
  2. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:11 AM
  3. It ONLY TOOK psychic 40 years to tell "james dean" to GET LOST
    By blueclouds in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 02:15 AM