GUILTY VA - Michelle Castillo, 43, dead in staged suicide, Ashburn, 20 March 2014

popsicle

faith hope love
Reaction score
Ashburn Man, Braulio Castillo, Made Wife's Murder Look Like Suicide: PD

"The evidence shows she was beaten and suffocated before she was found hanging in the downstairs bathroom," said Loudoun County Sheriff Mike Chapman. "That hanging was not the cause of her death."

The next morning, the couple's four youngest children called Braulio Castillo because they couldn't find their mother. When he arrived at the home, he asked a neighbor to help find Michelle because he couldn't enter the house due to the protection order.

Investigators say Castillo searched the basement, reported that he couldn't find Michelle and left with the children.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Barulio-Castillo-Charged-in-Wifes-Murder-253452971.html

CEO 'beat his wife to death then hung her body from the ceiling so it would appear to be a suicide'

'That was certainly suspicious,' Loudon County Sheriff Mike Chapman told NBC Washington. 'When he left with the children, the neighbor didn't feel things were right and it was the neighbor who called the sheriff's office and we responded and ultimately found her hanging in the bsasement bathroom downstairs.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-death-hung-body-ceiling-appear-suicide.html

Braulio Castillo - He came under fire during a hearing last summer, when Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth, a veteran who lost both legs in Iraq, scolded Castillo for getting a disabled veteran status for his company, Strong Castle, based on a high school football injury.

http://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Castillo-Testimony-Final.pdf

Duckworth shames IRS contractor for questionable disability status video

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/duckworth-shames-irs-contractor-for-questionable-disability-status/

From watching the news last night it appears that: There are 4 young children, youngest is 3. When they woke up they searched the house for Mom, including the basement bathroom and she wasn't there. She was also training for a triathlon. The neighbors security camera caught Dad sneaking into the home 10 minutes before she came home and then leaving around midnight, alone.

Attachments

• article-0-1CC4CE2200000578-659_306x423.jpg
    article-0-1CC4CE2200000578-659_306x423.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 139
First Post but I've been a long time lurker...I've been following the Heather Elvis case, and now the search for Relisha Rudd.

I live less than 1/2 mile from the Castillo residence....Such a sad story, with all the kids they have. I kind of had a feeling it may have been the husband because when Channel 4 news first reported it, they said "Loudoun County Sherriff's Office says that there is no danger to the community".....It took a while for them to release all the additional info. along w/ the arrest of the husband, but I'm glad they were able to catch him! Hooray for the neighbor's surveillance camera(s)!!!!

So I sorta know this guy. He used to play softball with my husband, but it was a long time ago. Moat people assumed it was him, but the surveillance footage sealed the deal.

One thing that kills me about this story is that he let his kids search the house knowing she was dead and hanging in the basement. He lost his soul, or never had one.

So I sorta know this guy. He used to play softball with my husband, but it was a long time ago. Moat people assumed it was him, but the surveillance footage sealed the deal.

One thing that kills me about this story is that he let his kids search the house knowing she was dead and hanging in the basement. He lost his soul, or never had one.

I doubt he ever had one. He sounds like a sociopath - taking advantage of disability status for his company, letting his kids look for their mother...or maybe just a narcissist, because he's not very smart.

What a creep. And making the children look for her? What if they had found her? Ruin their lives by killing her and THEN giving them the memory of finding her dead? A-hole.

Why, oh why? These selfish men kill their wives rather than face divorce! It seems to be occurring more often. Thank goodness for the neighbors security camera - caught him where he wasn't allowed!

Bless these children who have now lost both parents.

What a horrible crime! It reminds me of the Rebecca Zahau case, though in that case her partner isn't the suspect as much as some of his other family members.

It's a good thing local LE paid close attention to the other injuries Ms. Caustillo suffered instead of writing them off to suicide.

I cannot believe the guy got out on bail!!!! Only restrictions are he can't discuss the case with/around his kids, he has to wear a monitoring bracelet and he had to surrender his passport and cannot leave the state....So glad he was able to get his bail money by having a successful IT company that thrived by getting set-asides through VA’s Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business program contracts because of its "Service-Disabled Veteran" status. Oh, and this was due to an ankle injury playing football in a Military Prep. HS in 1984; his entire military career spanned his time at this school. SMH.

It is all about power/money...i.e. You are not getting my kids and for sure, I am not paying for you to have custody. That is why no divorce...jmo

Retweeted by NBCWashington
Julie Carey ‏@JulieCareyNBC 10m
JUST IN: 9/15 is trial date for CEO Braulio Castillo, charged w/ 1st degree murder in death of wife @nbcwashington pic.twitter.com/AhFkEC01wp

Where did he live in Loudon County? I grew up in Fairfax County. Wonder what military school he went to?

Just read yesterday on NBC Washington.com where BC has been denied access to his money, thank goodness!!!
"An Ashburn, Va., CEO accused of killing his wife lost a battle in his effort to get out of jail.
Earlier this month a judge set a $2 million bond for Braulio Castillo, who's charged with first-degree murder, accused of killing his wife, Michelle, and then trying to make her death look like a suicide.
But the couple's adult son went to court to freeze his father's assets.

After a hearing this week, a judge ruled Castillo will not be allowed to access his money, meaning he'll remain in jail for now.

At the time of Michelle Castillo's death, the couple was going through a divorce, and she had obtained a protective order against him.

Police found her body hanging in a basement bathroom on the morning of March 20. She was beaten and suffocated, then hanged in a basement shower to make the death look like a suicide, investigators said.

Braulio Castillo was arrested 10 days later.

He was the CEO of a small technology contractor in Leesburg. He had five children with Michelle"

http://www.csnwashington.com/article/new-dna-evidence-may-tie-braulio-castillo-wifes-murder

Loudoun County prosecutors are asking a judge to revoke the bond of Ashburn CEO Braulio Castillo, who is charged with first degree murder in the death of his estranged wife.

News4 has learned there is new DNA evidence that prosecutors say directly ties Castillo to the crime scene, and they wrote in a court filing reads the "changes the nature and circumstances of the offense charged"...

The defense attorney has also filed a new motion, asking for a delay in the start of trial, which is set for September 15... Attorneys on both sides will be in court Monday to set a hearing date on both motions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back