1068 users online (178 members and 890 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Tyler Pearson, 18, York, Yorkshire, 3 April 2014

A TEENAGER who has gone missing in York's River Ouse is believed to have been trying to swim across, police say.

North Yorkshire Police were alerted at 2.28am on Thursday 3 April 2014, after a member of the public reported seeing a man in the River Ouse near Ouse Bridge in York.

The male is an 18-year-old who lives locally and is believed to have entered the river voluntarily during a night out with a group of friends but at this time we cannot confirm whether he has exited the water safely.

The 18-year-old entered the river near the Lowther pub on Kings Staith at about 2.30am today, apparently intending to swim to the other side, but no one saw him get out, said Superintendent Phil Cain of North Yorkshire Police.

He said the teenager, who lived locally, had earlier crossed Ouse Bridge with two other people.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1112...recent_months/

http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/13345
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 04-05-2014 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Updated title with name
    Kindest Regards,

Aviator
    -----------------------
    Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have. We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.

The team have completed today's search, back to base now to wash the kit and prepare for tomorrow's search.
    Kindest Regards,

Aviator
    -----------------------
    Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have. We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.

Jackie Roberts, whose daughter Megan drowned after falling into the river on 23 January, said: "I am devastated to hear that one more person may have lost their lives, so close to where Megan lost hers.

"This makes me even more determined to do something to make people consider the dangers and the risks they face around water, particularly if walking home after a night out or drinking."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-26873645
    Kindest Regards,

Aviator
    -----------------------

wow, what is going on there? Was this a drinking dare type thing? A little bravado? Ugh - hoping he turns up, playing a prank on his friends or something... never hurts to hope.
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Really not sure.

Megan - Walked into the River - Preliminary cause of death as cardiac respiratory arrest.
    Ben - Unsure of how ended up in River - Preliminary cause of death as drowning.
    Unknown Male (18 Y/Old) - swam in River apparently...
    Kindest Regards,

Aviator
    -----------------------

Signaller Tyler Pearson named as missing York river man

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-y...shire-26882469

4 April 2014 Last updated at 14:33 ET

A man who is missing having tried to swim across the River Ouse in York has been identified as a serving soldier.

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    I saw them searching the river yesterday. He is thought to have gone in at the exact same spot I swam across when I was in the sea cadets, it was part of the training we had to do before we were allowed on the river in canoes or boats.

I don't think anything 'new' is happening here, York is a university city renowned for it's pubs, and the Ouse runs smack down the middle of the city center. People do end up in the river more often than they should, most commonly related to suicide. I just think in the past year it's been highlighted in the media more than usual and what happened to poor Megan brought national media attention.

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

UPDATED: River searches continue for missing York soldier

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1114..._York_soldier/

By Dan Bean
    9:28am Friday 11th April 2014

SEARCHES of the River Ouse are continuing today for missing 18-year-old Tyler Pearson.

Family of missing soldier Tyler Pearson informed of body find in York's River Ouse

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Family...#ixzz2z97dp34c
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    A MAN'S body has been found today in the River Ouse in York city-centre.

Police were called by a member of the public at 11.05am and fire crews have helped recover the body, near Terry Avenue near Skeldergate Bridge.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1115...n_York/?ref=mr

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Kindest Regards,

Aviator
    -----------------------