923 users online (178 members and 745 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 113
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    29,857

    TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #4

    Body identified as that of Swift, case being investigated as homicide
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 ~ Updated 6:56 AM
    Dyersburg State Gazette

    Dyer County Sheriff's Department investigators and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are now working the case of Karen Swift as a murder investigation after her body was positively identified by the Shelby County Medical Examiner's Office on Sunday.

    Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box stated the body, which was found on Saturday, was able to be identified as Swift's through her dental records, which were sent along with her body to the medical examiner's office in Memphis.

    Swift's body had reportedly been concealed in an area off of Harness Road until someone discovered it on Saturday. Box said the body had been concealed by undergrowth and vegetation for some time close to Bledsoe Cemetery, which lies off of Harness Road. The location where her body was found is approximately three miles northwest from where Swift's 2004 Nissan Murano was found abandoned with a reported flat tire at the intersection of Millsfield Highway and Harness Road on Sunday, Oct. 30.
    Thread #3
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    -Metro NYC
    Posts
    4,724
    Thanks Bessie for the new thread.

    Not much happening in this case, and it would be interesting to know what those involved in both LE and DA's office are thinking...

    Could this be one of those cases where LE has only so much evidence, and it's not enough for a DA to go forward with?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,667
    Just moving over! Still awaiting justice. I do hope that there is a lot more behind the scenes and that an arrest will eventually be made. Maybe they are waiting for that last piece of the puzzle.
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son! "I will always be his father. On this earth I don't see him, but in heaven we'll be together," Metalwala said.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    -Metro NYC
    Posts
    4,724
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomod View Post
    Just moving over! Still awaiting justice. I do hope that there is a lot more behind the scenes and that an arrest will eventually be made. Maybe they are waiting for that last piece of the puzzle.
    The only missing piece IMO would be if someone came forward out of the blue to say they saw something... has happened, though rare, in other cases.
    Don't know of any new forensics like we saw in the past where great strides were made in DNA...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    8,790
    Posts of Kadence & Cocomod - Brought Over From Last Thread:

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kadence View Post
    More from your article Foxfire (thanks!):

    Bill Warner states:

    "I have been hired by a friend of the family to investigate the murder of Karen Swift in Dyersburg TN. Zach Adams charged with1st Degree Murder and Kidnapping of Holly Bobo, does Zach Adams Link to Murder of Karen Swift in nearby Dyersburg TN, is he a serial killer? "

    I don't know anything about Bill Warner, is he legit? I know that he has been mentioned in Lauren Spierer's thread a few times.

    So Zach Adams is a meth maker (user as well?) and a murderer (serial killer?)? Yikes!
    Still waiting for justice for Karen!
    Kadence, not sure if ZA is a serial killer, but he sure has the necessary traits & tendancies of a serial sexual predator, imo. ZA's rap sheet confirms that he is a meth maker/dealer & frequent meth user as well as other drugs.

    Originally Posted by cocomod:

    Personally, I take what Mr. Warner says with a grain of salt. He has tried to link way too many cases together that have absolutely nothing in common. He is a bit of a cook in my honest opinion only.

    However, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. I.Keyes certainly proved that point to me.
    Cocomod, I also take what PI Bill Warner says with a grain of salt, and agree that he has tried to link way too many cases together. Imo, his motive for this is to attract ms media attention. Seems to be working, huh?

    I disagree that they have absolutely nothing in common. The commonality is that they all fit the preferred/ideal victim profile of many sexual predators/serial killers. The geographical distances, circumstances of each disappearance, and other factors would indicate foul play involving several different perps in most of the cases, imo. This is not to say that none of PI Warner's missing victim cases are not related...imo

    ZA, was a hunter, a professional; a malignant psychopathic sexual predator and due to the ruthless abduction and aftermath in HB's case, imo. It is highly unlikely that HB was his first, last, or only innocent victim taken, imo..

    http://www.expertlaw.com/library/inv...killers.html#4

    4. Victim Selection
    How does a serial killer select victims? The traditional school of thought holds that generally they select victims based on certain physical and/or personal characteristics. This assertion presupposes that, within the mind of each serial killer, there evolves synthesis of preferred characteristics and, ultimately, a clear, specific picture of his "ideal" victim, be it male or female, black or white, young or old, short or tall, large busted or small, shy or forward, and so on. Then, when that "typical" serial killer begins an active search for human prey, he will go to certain lengths to capture and victimize only those individuals who closely fit the mold.

    http://www.expertlaw.com/library/inv...l_killers.html

    Serial Killers - A Homicide Detective's Take
    By Lieutenant Nelson Andreu (Retired)
    Miami Police Department

    Credentials and Interest
    Common Knowledge
    Genesis of a Serial Killer
    Victim Selection
    Victim Objectification
    Denouement
    Case Histories

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    -Metro NYC
    Posts
    4,724
    Regarding what lies ahead with DNA -


    DNA FORENSICS: PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE

    http://www.bioforensics.com/conferen...come/crow2.pdf

    Toward the bottom of this paper, I found most interesting:
    In the near future we can expect that genes for eye
    pigment, hair color, baldness, skin pigment, color-blindness, albinism, and others will have been identified.
    This is an area that is being intensively researched at present. It would be rash to predict, but it seems
    likely that a profile that could be useful in the search for suspects will be found in the near future.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    160
    Did I say earlier, on the last thread that someone was "reaching?" Trying to say that maybe, just maybe Zach Adams is responsible for Karen Swift's death. Because he allegedly abducted Holly in the morning (daylight, I might add) and the other girl he allegedly attempted to abduct in the morning?? Karen went missing between 2am--6am. So therefore these cases MUST be related?? Remember that little seed Farese planted about Karen & some of "the strange things that were occurring in her life" at the time of her disappearance? I'm not saying my opinion is the right one, but I strongly believe her killer was very close and had means, motive and opportunity to kill her, dump her close to home in the wee span of the morning when only one daughter was supposed to be home and sleeping. The older daughter called Mom to come get her from the party and I believe (JMO) that was a surprise to Dad.

    It is Also JMO that there is an agenda to create reasonable doubt and Zach Adams is quite convenient. Interesting that Steve Farese is involved in both cases. Still no arrest, to me, speaks quite clearly of not enough evidence and the DA will not call for a grand jury indictment. Very similar to the Josh Powell/Susan Powell case and countless others with not enough evidence. My opinion is this crime was definitely premeditated, all bases were covered----otherwise I think we would be much farther along with an arrest & a trial in the works. I pray that Justice will be done for Karen.

    My opinion is this was a simple case of domestic homicide.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    336
    Bumpin' for Karen! Someone has to know something! Anyone see someone buy something they don't normally buy, see them someplace they aren't ordinarily, hear them say something weird? If you're reading, please report it, YOU might be the key to solving who killed Karen.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    -Metro NYC
    Posts
    4,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    Did I say earlier, on the last thread that someone was "reaching?" Trying to say that maybe, just maybe Zach Adams is responsible for Karen Swift's death. Because he allegedly abducted Holly in the morning (daylight, I might add) and the other girl he allegedly attempted to abduct in the morning?? Karen went missing between 2am--6am. So therefore these cases MUST be related?? Remember that little seed Farese planted about Karen & some of "the strange things that were occurring in her life" at the time of her disappearance? I'm not saying my opinion is the right one, but I strongly believe her killer was very close and had means, motive and opportunity to kill her, dump her close to home in the wee span of the morning when only one daughter was supposed to be home and sleeping. The older daughter called Mom to come get her from the party and I believe (JMO) that was a surprise to Dad.

    It is Also JMO that there is an agenda to create reasonable doubt and Zach Adams is quite convenient. Interesting that Steve Farese is involved in both cases. Still no arrest, to me, speaks quite clearly of not enough evidence and the DA will not call for a grand jury indictment. Very similar to the Josh Powell/Susan Powell case and countless others with not enough evidence. My opinion is this crime was definitely premeditated, all bases were covered----otherwise I think we would be much farther along with an arrest & a trial in the works. I pray that Justice will be done for Karen.

    My opinion is this was a simple case of domestic homicide.
    I've been building an on-going a list of "red flags" from cases I've followed in which a missing wife is killed by her husband.

    Here's my list, interesting to see how many fit in this case. May just be a coincidence..


    Divorce in process with looming custody battle.

    Husband known to be very controlling/jealous (always checking where spouse is, what spouse is doing whenever apart.

    Husband has other love interest(s).

    No one other than husband can confirm actual time wife went missing.

    Husband is the only person who can say what that took place when victim left.

    Husband has recent bruises, injuries indicative of a fight, or encountered during moving/hiding of body.

    Family/others who are normally around or live with victim are away when victim goes missing.

    Distancing - for example; when a husband says he did not actually speak to or see his wife leave the house.

    Disconnection - when a spouse does not seem to know what's going on in his/her relationship....

    Changing account of things as new evidence come in..

    Victim goes missing while doing something out of their normal routine, or what they wouldn't normally do - - examples; just up and going out for a walk.... worse if late at night; running an errand late at night.

    Estranged wife returns to house where husband lives, and she is not seen since and husband says working reconciliation.

    No surveillance camera sightings to confirm places/times victim should be based upon missing person report.

    NOT volunteering to take a lie detector test.

    NOT offering LE entry to look through home.

    Leaving house and/or moving to a different state, or traveling after spouse goes missing.

    Discarding clothing, etc, of spouse who's gone missing soon after spouse goes missing.

    Painting, new rugs, lots of cleaning in home/car after person goes missing.
    __________________

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    I've been building an on-going a list of "red flags" from cases I've followed in which a missing wife is killed by her husband.

    Here's my list, interesting to see how many fit in this case. May just be a coincidence..


    Divorce in process with looming custody battle.

    Husband known to be very controlling/jealous (always checking where spouse is, what spouse is doing whenever apart.

    Husband has other love interest(s).

    No one other than husband can confirm actual time wife went missing.

    Husband is the only person who can say what that took place when victim left.

    Husband has recent bruises, injuries indicative of a fight, or encountered during moving/hiding of body.

    Family/others who are normally around or live with victim are away when victim goes missing.

    Distancing - for example; when a husband says he did not actually speak to or see his wife leave the house.

    Disconnection - when a spouse does not seem to know what's going on in his/her relationship....

    Changing account of things as new evidence come in..

    Victim goes missing while doing something out of their normal routine, or what they wouldn't normally do - - examples; just up and going out for a walk.... worse if late at night; running an errand late at night.

    Estranged wife returns to house where husband lives, and she is not seen since and husband says working reconciliation.

    No surveillance camera sightings to confirm places/times victim should be based upon missing person report.

    NOT volunteering to take a lie detector test.

    NOT offering LE entry to look through home.

    Leaving house and/or moving to a different state, or traveling after spouse goes missing.

    Discarding clothing, etc, of spouse who's gone missing soon after spouse goes missing.

    Painting, new rugs, lots of cleaning in home/car after person goes missing.
    __________________
    Excellent list, Old Steve.

    I might add one I can think of!

    Didn't help in search of his wife

    No public plea from the Husband

    Lawyered Up in the first few days. Oops.....more than one!
    Last edited by Pebbles; 05-14-2014 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Add text
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the Truth."
    Sir Arthur Conan Doyle


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Foothills of SC
    Posts
    2,598
    I thought in this age of forensics, that people couldn't just kill someone and go ahead with their life. But in this case, it appears LE has shown their highest card to be a zero. It's a shame and disgrace. Karen's family has remained so quiet, and I wish someone would do an interview with her mother and sister.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    -Metro NYC
    Posts
    4,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    Excellent list, Old Steve.

    I might add one I can think of!

    Didn't help in search of his wife

    No public plea from the Husband

    Lawyered Up in the first few days. Oops.....more than one!
    Thanks for those items! I've added them to my list for future reference.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tara
    Posts
    2,737
    Geez, it's been THREE years, maddening! I only lurk on this thread, but check often...I pray that this can be resolved...
    Proud WS N-LIB

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,667
    It is interesting to me that Kelli's case was finally solved. IF the suspect's confession is at all correct, there should have been definite forensic evidence. My point... Was there evidence in Karen's case as well, but just not enough to charge??

    OldSteve, your list is fantastic and so spot-on! Thank you,

    Justice for Karen!!
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son! "I will always be his father. On this earth I don't see him, but in heaven we'll be together," Metalwala said.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by sophiebelle View Post
    I thought in this age of forensics, that people couldn't just kill someone and go ahead with their life. But in this case, it appears LE has shown their highest card to be a zero. It's a shame and disgrace. Karen's family has remained so quiet, and I wish someone would do an interview with her mother and sister.
    Agreed! A shame and a disgrace that no one has been arrested for Karen's murder! I wish Dateline, ID, or 48 Hours would pick up Karen's story, as well as Katelyn Markham's - does anyone know how to go about that?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. TN - Karen Johnson Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 *Media Links Only*
    By imamaze in forum Located Timeline and Media Links
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-01-2014, 06:50 PM
  2. TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #3
    By otto in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 1079
    Last Post: 04-04-2014, 02:06 AM
  3. TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #2
    By imamaze in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 917
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 08:02 AM
  4. TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #1
    By CatFancier in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 647
    Last Post: 12-12-2011, 04:48 PM

Tags for this Thread