College progessor's "blog" discusses students

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
For most of the past two semesters, nobody knew the identity of "The Phantom Professor."

The educator's anonymous Web log, set at an unnamed university "in the South," spun tales of spoiled-rich "Ashleys" with their $500 sandals and $1,500 handbags, eating disorders, plagiarism and drug use, legal and illegal.

"At this school it seems like every kid is on multiple medications," the professor wrote, describing her charges as "barely literate," prone to emotional problems and "terrified of displeasing Mommy and Daddy."

Surrounded by students sporting French manicures and plans for spring break in Cabo, the blog's author told stories like the one about "a certain member of a Middle Eastern royal family who got a new Mercedes by convincing a frat buddy to crash his one-year-old model into a wall" or how one stall in a certain ladies room was known as "the purge-atory."

No names were used,

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3201823

The irony is that not only does the professor teach writing but also ETHICS!!

LOL

She said she "confided in a small group of journalist friends". Ok, how did the students & teachers even find her blog? Did she tell someone at the school? :confused:
I guess it's not important. I'm just curious. :blushing:

mysteriew said:
For most of the past two semesters, nobody knew the identity of "The Phantom Professor."

The educator's anonymous Web log, set at an unnamed university "in the South," spun tales of spoiled-rich "Ashleys" with their $500 sandals and $1,500 handbags, eating disorders, plagiarism and drug use, legal and illegal.

"At this school it seems like every kid is on multiple medications," the professor wrote, describing her charges as "barely literate," prone to emotional problems and "terrified of displeasing Mommy and Daddy."

Surrounded by students sporting French manicures and plans for spring break in Cabo, the blog's author told stories like the one about "a certain member of a Middle Eastern royal family who got a new Mercedes by convincing a frat buddy to crash his one-year-old model into a wall" or how one stall in a certain ladies room was known as "the purge-atory."

No names were used,

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3201823
I think this is wonderful. I agree with his description of many of the kids. I see a lot of that too, and it's about time somebody started calling this what it is: foolish behavior.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back