1057 users online (215 members and 842 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Magdalena Glinkowski, 33, Marin County, 30 March 2014

Magdalena Glinkowski

Authorities search for missing woman on Mt. Tamalpais -

MILL VALLEY, Calif. —
    A massive search Saturday failed to find any sign of a 33-year-old Menlo Park woman who has been missing for nearly a week on Marin’s rugged Mount Tamalpais, authorities said.
    The Marin County Sheriff’s Office said Magdalena Glinkoski was last seen by a security camera that captured a video of her walking across a parking lot known as “Bootjack” last Sunday March 30th around noon where her abandoned vehicle was later discovered.
    http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/author...malpais/nfSrf/
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 04-13-2014 at 07:01 AM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Information about the search:

http://blog.sfgate.com/stew/2014/04/...-marin-county/

It's good they have security camera footage of her right before her hike so it's clear what she was wearing. Hopefully they've also tracked down the people she was talking to while she was buying her parking voucher.

The weather has been very mixed the last week--some nice sunny days, but also some rainy days and a small bit of hail. Hopefully she brought water with her and they'll be able to track her down with the brightly colored jacket.

There was a "Trailside Killer" on Mt. Tam in the late 70's/early 80's, which was very frightening, but it's normally a very peaceful place to commune with nature. Never a good idea to hike alone, however.

I have a few questions.

Why did she recently move to the area? Was it for work? Did she have a love interest? What does 'recently' mean? Is it months, weeks, or days?

Why was her car a rental? Most people only rent cars when they go on vacation or a work trip. Was it really a rental or possibly a lease, which has a more long-term contract? Or was she so new to the area that she just hadn't turned in her rental yet?

The quote from her landlord could possibly be taken out of context if we're not careful. Of course he would express concern when the media contacts him and he discovers his tenant is missing. If he was already concerned for other reasons though, then that could be significant.

Is the footage of her striding across the parking lot of her returning to the car to place the paid ticket in the windshield? If it is, did she then grab some essentials from the car, like at least water? We don't know this but maybe the authorities do - maybe they have more footage than what's released.

And along that same train of thought, maybe someone was waiting for her in or at the car or maybe someone was watching her from elsewhere in the lot. I see two people (both men?) and a dog at the cement wall in the background - which direction did they go after she left? They could be witnesses at the very least but I'm sure the police have already spoken to them.

according to her linkedin, she is proficient in four languages:

Russian, Polish, French, and English

here's her linkedin:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/softwareperformance

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    according to her linkedin, she is proficient in four languages: Russian, Polish, French, and English

here's her linkedin:
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/softwareperformance
    "Mass Levels of Parallelization at Scale" and "Distributed systems development on a tight-knit central senior HPC team implementing/designing a next generation HPC software platform" -- that's certainly a bunch of word salad that exists nowhere else on the internet.

Some things strike me:
    Who tells their landlord they're "going jogging"?
    Her hair. Notice the 3-4" black roots. Something has been going on with her.
    Her self-described job and education history is very high-level, yet she isn't taking care of herself.

More details here including a quote from the rental car company saying she rents the car for "months at a time" but that she failed to return it this time.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Security camera footage shows the missing 33-year-old Magdalena Glinkowski in the “Bootjack” parking lot on Mt. Tamalpais on Sunday, March 30.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

They're sure doing a major search effort trying to find her.

From 2 hours ago:

No new clues or information have surfaced in the massive two-day search for the 33-year-old Menlo Park woman who disappeared when hiking on Mount Tamalpais March 30, officials said Sunday.

"We have over 100 searchers right now on Mount Tamalpais searching every possible area where she might have gotten lost," sheriff's Lt. Doug Pittman said.
    http://www.marinij.com/marinnews/ci_...-missing-menlo

This very recent article says that it appears she updated her LinkedIn profile since she disappeared. It's a very informative article.

In addition to the possible LinkedIn update, authorities found an assortment of unusual clues during a search of Glinkowski's home and car. She had surprisingly little computer equipment for a person continuously employed as a software developer.

During a search of Glinkowski's home, investigators were unable to locate a single desktop or laptop computer, Pittman said. They were also surprised to find that the woman had left all of her personal effects inside her parked vehicle, including her driver's license, credit cards and a smartphone equipped with few applications.

"Usually someone who is as immersed in the computer business as she was would have many things like that inside of their home," Pittman said. "It does appear she may have gotten laid off in the past couple weeks -- it's not unlikely for people to become a little despondent." While authorities continue to investigate "every possibility," including that she may have left voluntarily, Pittman said officials are continuing to work under the assumption that she may be lost or hurt in the vast expanse of Mount Tamalpais State Park.
    http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2014/04/06/7763922.htm
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

I'm so confused as to why she rented her car on a weekly basis as per the above article. As well as the note to her landlord...very random unless the reporting was incorrect and the note was left for a roommate or something.

Wouldn't continuously renting a car be awfully expensive?

The note to the landlord sounds almost like a plant--I mean, unless they have the type of relationship where she leaves her landlord notes about her whereabouts? My first thought was she was trying to direct attention to the hike for some reason. IMO

Would like to hear more about her job. And I wonder what was listed on LinkedIn before she changed it.

So if her cellphone was left in the rental car, either

A) She is somewhere with access to a computer or smartphone or

B) Someone else got her password and changed her Linkedin

Wonder if LE can track the IP of whoever changed the Linkedin account?

The lack of computer equipment for someone who works in programming is indeed odd. But again, who knows what her Linkedin said before.

Something tells me she is safe somewhere watching the search unfold. I do hope I'm right.

Hope she is located soon. I love the Mount Tamalpais / Stinson Beach area and go there at every opportunity. I wasn't aware of the "Trailside Killer." Was that person ever found and brought to justice?

I can't find a business listing for "Purple Encoding" anywhere in California.

The only google hits I get for purple encoding have to do with code-breaking and WWII

Sadly, I think there is an element of mental illness here. I hope Magdalena is found safe, soon.

rosesfromangels is offline "The trilling wire in the blood / Sings below inveterate scars." - Eliot
    Alot of job hopping.
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast