1154 users online (240 members and 914 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - Frances Christman, 35, North Tonawanda, 1 April 2014

Frances Christman

NT Police Investigate Missing Person -

Police are actively looking for Frances Christman, 35, who hasn't been seen since Tuesday, April 1, at about 8 p.m. He was reported missing by his girlfriend Wednesday afternoon.
    Christman left his home on Cottage Street to walk his dog in the area of Demlers off of Witmer Road, police say. According to his girlfriend, neither he nor the dog returned. His dog is a Rottweiler with white around his mouth.
    In a statement released to media, North Tonawanda police said: "The circumstances of his disappearance are unknown, but they are considered suspicious at this time."
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 05-03-2014 at 11:56 AM.
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

I went walking along the same waterway, the Niagara River, a little to the South of this area today. Things are just thawing out after a tough winter. There is a lot of newly exposed carrion (ducks, fish, etc.), which was driving the seagulls crazy. When I read this disappearance item, it made me a little queazy, because it reminded me of an old college pal who died in his thirties while walking his dog when the dog ran into a half-frozen stream and seemed to be trapped. My friend waded in to free him and he got stuck and died either of drowning or hypothermia. There is a lot of tempting stuff in the water these days to make a dog run in there. I hope this is not why both of them are missing.

Unfortunately, Mr. Christman's remains have been found:

Yes; sadly, it looks like my hunch was correct, though he was found in a pond rather than the river. It is so dangerous to take your dog for an off-leash romp near frozen water! RIP.