GUILTY SD - Mason Naser, 4, beaten to death, Gann Valley, 21 Feb 2013

Jacie Estes

Medical Marijuana Advocate
Reaction score
Recording shows woman admitted to abusing child in death case

She said he wet his pants and she told him to stand up. When he wouldn't stand up, she grabbed one of his arms. He tried to swing at her with the other arm, so she grabbed that one and placed him in timeout.

"I got mad and pushed him," Gonzales said on the recording.

That's when Naser fell on the floor, hit his head on the floor and would not get up, Gonzales said on the recording.

Gonzales told DiBenedetto she then kicked the child in the back twice, but was not wearing shoes.

DiBenedetto asked about other bruises on Naser's body, including bruises on his face, inner thighs, back and stomach.

Gonzales told DiBenedetto she slapped Naser for wetting his pants on Feb. 21, which is where the large bruise on his left cheek originated. She said the bruises on his inner thighs were caused when she stepped on his legs because the child wouldn't stand up after he wet his pants. Then she stomped on his back, twice.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/content/recording-shows-woman-admitted-abusing-child-death-case

From the article above. . .

"I wasn't trying to hurt him, or be mean," . . ."I don't abuse my kids,"

Gonzales told DiBenedetto she slapped Naser for wetting his pants on Feb. 21, which is where the large bruise on his left cheek originated. She said the bruises on his inner thighs were caused when she stepped on his legs because the child wouldn't stand up after he wet his pants. Then she stomped on his back, twice

WTH is wrong with people? :furious:

This is from last year, when she first murdered the child; she was pregnant when she committed this crime.

Defense attorney Donna Bucher on Monday unsuccessfully requested a reduction in the $30,000 cash bond for her pregnant client, The Daily Republic newspaper reported.

"She's never failed to appear in court," Bucher said. "Donika is pregnant with her baby due in June and there are issues with nutrition that are ongoing."

Bucher asked that Gonzales be allowed to post 10 percent of the bond, be put on house arrest and be allowed to stay with a relative in Fort Thompson.
http://www.legalnews.com/detroit/1375029

I'm looking through archives for an article that describes how she didn't get help for Mason but just left him alone. When his father came home later, he called 911. [when I find the article I'll post the link]

Why did Mason have needle marks in his arms? Was he being drugged to keep him quiet?

Fort Thompson EMT DuWayne Whirlwind Soldier testified the child was unconscious and unresponsive when being worked on by medical professionals between rural Gann Valley and the Chamberlain hospital in February 2013. He also observed needle marks in the crooks of Naser's arms and asked Tyler Naser Sr. if he knew what caused the needle marks. Tyler Naser Sr. said he didn't know, Whirlwind Soldier said. http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/content/doctor-testifies-child-had-no-signs-life

At approximately 4:41 p.m. Feb. 21, Buffalo County Sheriff Wayne Willman received a call from Tyler Naser, the affidavit says, who reported his son, Mason, was unresponsive and not breathing. Naser requested an ambulance be sent to his residence at 35029 222nd St. in rural Gann Valley.

Willman and a team of paramedics arrived at the address a short time later and learned Naser had taken Mason across the street to Naser's father's residence, where Willman found the child still unresponsive and not breathing, the affidavit says.

Mason was transported to Sanford Chamberlain Medical Center and was pronounced dead at 6:14 p.m., the affidavit says...

...Kenneth Snell, a state medical examiner who performed Mason's autopsy, testified Friday that, in addition to the bruises and abrasions on Mason's body, the 4-year-old also had multiple rib fractures.

Mason's injuries also included internal bleeding, Snell said, caused by a piece of the boy's liver that had torn completely free and gone up through his heart and into his left lung, eventually restricting blood flow to the brain.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/event/article/id/77020/

Why? Just why? His own mother?! How many people would give anything to have a precious little boy like this? And because he wet his friggin pants? Ugh! Idk, this one really got to me. How could you kick your own 4 yr old when he was down? How????!!!!

ETA-I apologize. I was just reading it wasn't his mother. She was incarcerated. It was dad's girlfriend. SMH! This is a Justice for Mason FB page. It's run by his aunt. Read the about me. . .it will break your heart. :(
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-for-Mason/459285274144460?id=459285274144460&sk=info

1173853_537886352951018_665376093_n.jpg

Another case of a child beaten to death at the hands of a step-parent while mommy/daddy (in this case, daddy) stand by and ignore all the signs. IMO, the father should be charged with neglect and endangering a child. Although I can't link social blogs/posts, it appears there was a history with DHS (of course...). Clearly she and she alone is responsible for killing Mason - however, until we start holding others (parents, caretakers, CPS, etc) in the child's circle responsible for their careless and reckless choices that placed or kept a child in a dangerous situation, nothing will ever change.
JMO ~

This story reminds me so much of RieLee Lovell, the little girl whose body was put into a closet for days after her death. Mason was failed by the CPS system and those directly around him. The trial will bring ugly truths to light.

Another case of a child beaten to death at the hands of a step-parent while mommy/daddy (in this case, daddy) stand by and ignore all the signs. IMO, the father should be charged with neglect and endangering a child. Although I can't link social blogs/posts, it appears there was a history with DHS (of course...). Clearly she and she alone is responsible for killing Mason - however, until we start holding others (parents, caretakers, CPS, etc) in the child's circle responsible for their careless and reckless choices that placed or kept a child in a dangerous situation, nothing will ever change.
JMO ~

Native Sun News: Seeking justice for Lower Brule Sioux toddler

Immediately they began contacting both DSS and the Lower Brule Sioux tribe about what they had witnessed, however a social worker for the State named Nancy Tichy told Walters “going out there (Nasser home) is a waste of time because the boys are perfectly safe.” The family then went to the Lower Brule Sioux tribal court and asked them to step in based on ICWA and the allegations of abuse but the tribe ruled in favor of the Nasser’s and awarded custody to them. Shortly after the death of Mason, Nancy Tichy the case worker who was assigned by the State of South Dakota to look after Mason and his brothers resigned.

http://www.indianz.com/News/2013/009278.asp?print=1

Gonzales found guilty of manslaughter in child death case

041214.N.DR_.GONZALES.jpg

Donika Gonzales, 23, stood trial this week in the Brule County courthouse for charges of second-degree murder, and two alternate counts of first-degree manslaughter, aggravated assault and felony child abuse. Naser was the child of Tyler Naser Sr., who Gonzales was living with at the time of the child’s death, and she was caring for his children.

Gonzales was found not guilty of second-degree murder, one count of first-degree manslaughter and felony child abuse. The trial lasted six days.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/content/gonzales-found-guilty-manslaughter-child-death-case-0

Come on!
When an Adult BEATS a child to DeATH it's 1st degree MURDER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woman sentenced to 130 years for fatal beating of child

There is Justice for Mason!

She is eligible for parole in 65 years.

Anderson also ordered she be placed in the custody of a prison outside the state of South Dakota for her own protection. She knows what will happen to her. They should keep her in South Dakota and let the chips fall where they may. She wouldn't even get to 1 year.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/content/woman-sentenced-130-years-fatal-beating-child

Yes! Justice for sweet, wonderful, precious Mason! I was so afraid he wouldn't get the justice he deserved! Fly high and free, no one will ever place an ill hand on you again! We will remember you, always~ Frigga

More sadness for Mason's family. Gonzales has done so much harm to this family.

CHAMBERLAIN — A 54-year-old man was taken from the Brule County Courthouse courtroom Tuesday morning after suffering a stroke.

Myron Walters Ziegler is the maternal grandfather of Mason Naser, the 4-year-old boy who died in February 2013 after being beaten to death by his caretaker, Donika Gonzales...

... Walters said hospital personnel ran tests on Ziegler and determined he’s had five minor strokes and three minor heart attacks in his life.

Despite the episode today, Ziegler refused to stay in the hospital and is doing alright, Walters said.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/content/grandfather-dead-boy-suffers-stroke-courtroom

Gonzales’ attorneys ask for new trial in child murder case

Attorneys for a woman convicted of killing a 4-year-old boy have filed motions for a new trial and for modification of sentence.

Donika Gonzales, 23, was convicted by a jury in April of first-degree manslaughter and aggravated assault for the death of her boyfriend’s son, Mason Naser. Earlier this month, Judge Bruce Anderson sentenced Gonzales to 130 years in prison for manslaughter and 15 years for the assault conviction, which will run concurrently, or at the same time.

Now, Gonzales’ attorneys are asking the court to reduce her sentence or asking for a new trial.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/content/gonzales-attorneys-ask-new-trial-child-murder-case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back