UNSOLVED OK - Chandler, Human Skeletal Remains, off Route 66, Apr'14

Looks like they already have a posible identity:

In October 2010, a wrecked car was found nearby, but the driver was never found and has been missing ever since.

He has been identified as 44-year-old Daniel Kevin McGhee.

Now, investigators are trying to determine if the bones found in the field, near where his car was found all those years ago, are his.

Man Missing in Chandler

Posted: Oct 07, 2010 4:10 PM CST
Updated: Oct 07, 2010 4:10 PM CST

CHANDLER, Oklahoma – A metro man is missing and a man who led police on a high-speed chase Wednesday is said to be connected to the man's disappearance.

~Snip~

McGhee's white Ford Explorer was found locked and with his cell phone in the front seat August 11 on Route 66 and the Airport Road junction outside of Chandler, Oklahoma.

http://www.news9.com/story/13287609/man-missing-in-chandler

Authorities Investigate Human Skull Found In Chandler

Posted: Apr 08, 2014 2:12 PM CST
Updated: Apr 08, 2014 5:56 PM CST

"I contacted Mr. McGhee's dad last night and talked with his wife today," said Lincoln County Sheriff Charlie Dougherty. "So we are just following some things up. We hope that's what it turns out to be."

The sheriff said the skeletal remains found in this field east of the Chandler Walmart were actually discovered Monday night by a man searching for mushrooms.

http://www.news9.com/story/25194673/authorities-investigate-human-skull-found-in-chandler

People getting out and about are finding many of our missing in the past couple of days. It is usually how it happens in spring, but the count is going up quickly of missing coming home.

I am so incredibly glad there is a thread for this case, I live in the next town over in Lincoln County and have been following this and other possibly connected cases for years. There are tons of rumors swirling around this case, but I'm a very new poster, so I'm not sure what I can and can't say without getting sniped. I'll go have a peek at the guidelines and come back and give the info that I can.

Ok, it looks like as long as I state the rumors as rumors I'm ok, and I'm extremely local and have a family member that's working in the courthouse so a lot of overheard information and gossip gets passed on to me. I'm not sure how accurate all of this is, but I'll list the facts as I know them to be and the rumors I've heard.

FACTS
*McGhee was on that piece of property to retrieve some tools that the people who were living there had borrowed from him.
*Those people moved to a different state either during or right after the initial police investigation.
*McGhee seemed to have "vanished into thin air" out of his car, they could find no trace nor trail of him at the time of the disappearance.
*There is a private airstrip adjacent to the property, owned by a local businessman who uses it for his small private plane.
*The land he disappeared on was at one time leased by a former judge in Lincoln County who is currently facing federal charges having to do with theft and fraud.
*The local LE and the OSBI were both involved in the initial investigation when no trace of McGhee was found.
*The 20 or so bones were found approximately 300yds from the original spot the car was found.

RUMORS
*The airstrip is rumored to be used to run drugs.
*There have been a lot of suspicious deaths, usually accidents or overdoses, of people that were involved with the judge facing charges, one of whom was set to testify against him. This is a fact, but it goes under rumors because I have no other evidence to connect the judge to the deaths.
*The businessman with the airstrip and the judge are rumored to be in the drug running business together.

All of this is just my interpretations of the facts and rumors that swirl around this town like fog on a lake. There may be absolutely nothing here, but on the other hand, if it all connects somehow, it's a pretty large amount of criminal activity in a town this size over a relatively small period of time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back