1040 users online (212 members and 828 guests)  

Websleuths News

MS - Jackson Co., BlkMale UP10451, 18-22, GSW, in Escatawpa River, Dec'82

I just saw an article on this John Doe and thought I would create a thread as there doesn't appear to be one here already. A artist has created a picture which is almost like a photograph and could be very helpful.

This man was found in December 1982, by divers who were searching for this little girl whose body was found 60 yards away and is still unidentified - http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/45ufms.html

Her thread is here - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26761

John Doe's NAMUS link -
    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10451

Date found December 08, 1982 12:20
    Demographics
    Minimum age 18 years
    Maximum age 22 years
    Race Black/African American
    Sex Male
    Weight (pounds) 120, Estimated
    Height (inches) 66, Estimated
    Scars and marks Healed Injury. He would have had a scar on the left side of forehead.
    Other distinctive
    physical characteristics Had a strong overbite

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi...pascagoul.html

PASCAGOULA, Mississippi -- Pascagoula police hope a forensic artist's work will help identify a young man whose body was dumped from a highway bridge more than 30 years ago. He could have been killed any time from late 1979 to early 1982.

Fifty-three of his bones were found Dec. 8, 1982, in the Dog River, with brown pants and a Hawaiian-print shirt. Detectives believe his body had been dumped from the nearby Interstate 10 bridge.

Detective Darren Versiga learned while reopening another cold case that this man's bones were being stored in Oklahoma, where the autopsy was done in 1982....
    His bones were found under eastbound I-10 by divers who began searching after a young girl's body was found floating by the westbound span. The bodies were about 60 yards apart.

A further article which contains the below picture showing the proximity of this man to the little girl found 4 days earlier -
    http://www.wlox.com/story/25168342/s...d-31-years-ago
    Last edited by ctaylor; 04-08-2014 at 07:11 PM.

How weird!

I'd almost think these two cases were related(his case, and that of the little girl and her mother), but he died too long before they did.

The healed injury that left a scar on his forehead wouldn't have been what killed him...I wonder what did. Did he accidentally drown, or did someone kill him and throw him off the bridge?

Whatever may have happened, I think it's unfortunate that, even though the little girl's case is getting so much exposure(as it should), his case is being ignored.

So, um...

BUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMP
    "Two eyes are not enough, if one desires to accomplish anything." - Marie Bashkirtseff

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldine View Post
    How weird!

I'd almost think these two cases were related(his case, and that of the little girl and her mother), but he died too long before they did.

The healed injury that left a scar on his forehead wouldn't have been what killed him...I wonder what did. Did he accidentally drown, or did someone kill him and throw him off the bridge?

Whatever may have happened, I think it's unfortunate that, even though the little girl's case is getting so much exposure(as it should), his case is being ignored.

So, um...

It sounds like he was the victim of a homicide because the thread's title (Shooting Victim in Dog River). Recently, I came across a shorter African-American/black male with a scar on his forehead while I was looking with another UID from Washoe County, 1980 in mind -- now I need to go back and find him again.

Ass end of nowhere, hell hole of a holler
    How weird!

So, um...

I think so too...any idea how long the Baby Girl (jeez, what kind of people do this stuff, much less to babies?) was in the water?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambercat View Post
    It sounds like he was the victim of a homicide because the thread's title (Shooting Victim in Dog River). Recently, I came across a shorter African-American/black male with a scar on his forehead while I was looking with another UID from Washoe County, 1980 in mind -- now I need to go back and find him again.
    Wow! I'm not even going to begin to try to understand how I managed to overlook the title of the thread.

I hope you can find the UID again. Not many people are going to look like this young man, I don't think(he's so small, and has that scar, and the pronounced overbite), so there's probably a good chance for a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Donamena View Post
    I think so too...any idea how long the Baby Girl (jeez, what kind of people do this stuff, much less to babies?) was in the water?
    I think the little girl was only in the water for a few days, compared to the 6-24 months they're estimating for this young man. They'd seen her with a woman they thought was her mother, walking along the bridge. The mother had refused rides and help from passing motorists...that was the best and smartest thing to do(imho), but someone probably ended up abducting her anyway(because they never found her), and throwing the girl over.

Due to the high likelihood of a gunshot being heard in that area, I think the young man was probably killed elsewhere and then dumped in the water.

Some people are extremely sick...they don't care if it's a little girl, or a teenage boy, or their own family...they just like to hurt people. I just wish more who are like that could be caught so this stuff would stop happening.
    "Two eyes are not enough, if one desires to accomplish anything." - Marie Bashkirtseff

Wow! I'm not even going to begin to try to understand how I managed to overlook the title of the thread.

I hope you can find the UID again. Not many people are going to look like this young man, I don't think(he's so small, and has that scar, and the pronounced overbite), so there's probably a good chance for a match.

I think the little girl was only in the water for a few days, compared to the 6-24 months they're estimating for this young man. They'd seen her with a woman they thought was her mother, walking along the bridge. The mother had refused rides and help from passing motorists...that was the best and smartest thing to do(imho), but someone probably ended up abducting her anyway(because they never found her), and throwing the girl over.

Due to the high likelihood of a gunshot being heard in that area, I think the young man was probably killed elsewhere and then dumped in the water.

Some people are extremely sick...they don't care if it's a little girl, or a teenage boy, or their own family...they just like to hurt people. I just wish more who are like that could be caught so this stuff would stop happening.

BBM
    Just a clarification. That area was then and is now a remote area and a gunshot would be no issue, not that I disagree with you about the possibility he was transported there deceased.
    Ignorance deceptively wins the argument with knowledge.....you see, knowledge is limited at any given point in time, ignorance is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel7 View Post
    BBM
    Just a clarification. That area was then and is now a remote area and a gunshot would be no issue, not that I disagree with you about the possibility he was transported there deceased.
    That surprises me, being underneath the bridge like it is. That said, I don't know anything about the area, and have never been there or near there.

I hope there aren't any more bodies in the river.

(snipped)
    Do they know someone abducted her? Or did she throw the girl in and then jump herself?
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Bumping--tomorrow is the 32nd anniversary of this young man. Let him be identified soon!

Bumping
    Who was Walker County Jane Doe?

John Doe - February 9, 1968 - Facebook Page, Websleuths Thread
    John Doe - October 31, 1967 - Facebook Page, Websleuths Thread

Quite an interesting case.
    Interstate 10 or I 10 didn't fully open thru Mississippi until 1988 and that specific section until late 1970s

http://lostroads.wikidot.com/us-90-ms
    Construction on Interstate 10 through southern Mississippi began in the late 1960s and continued over the ensuing 20 years. The first portion of I-10 opened from the Louisiana border to Highway 607 in 1971. The section from Highway 607 to Highway 57 opened in the late 1970s, as did the portion from Moss Point to the Alabama line. The last portion fo Highway 10 from highway 57 to Moss Point opened in 1988, completing the highway through Mississippi.
    emphasis mine

Darren mentions 1979 to late 1982 as possible time of death and that along with the article above raises questions around whether there is a local possibility(locals would know of access between bridges and or if road was complete and could be traveled but not "officially" open to traffic.)

Also of interest is the relative physical proximity to the Karen Ann Pierce murder in Jan 1983.

Jesse Derrell Williams was executed in 2002 for her murder.

That area from the I 10 bridge to the area of houseboats South of the bridge is known to LE for reprobate activity over the years.

Also the forensic reconstruction at first glance strikes me as Creole/Mulatto and along with the overbite vs open bite, superior vs anterior is also initially interesting as an additional race probability identifier to be researched.
    Ignorance deceptively wins the argument with knowledge.....you see, knowledge is limited at any given point in time, ignorance is not.

Who was Walker County Jane Doe?

John Doe - February 9, 1968 - Facebook Page, Websleuths Thread
    John Doe - October 31, 1967 - Facebook Page, Websleuths Thread