620 users online (69 members and 551 guests)  

Websleuths News

AZ - Sarah Clark, 22, raped & murdered, Phoenix, 16 May 1988

The palm print was in blood.

Gary Stone, a latent-print examiner for the Phoenix Police Department, saw it on the breezeway wall outside Sarah Clark's apartment. Inside, Clark's blood-soaked body lay face-up on her bed, hands bound behind her with a leather belt. She had been raped, her throat cut, her torso sliced open.

Mario Pete

Pete was 16 years old when Sarah was murdered and lived at the same apartment complex with his mother and sister.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...oldcase29.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I hope everyone takes a few minutes to read the great article at mysteriew's linnk... it is very well written.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    The palm print was in blood.

Gary Stone, a latent-print examiner for the Phoenix Police Department, saw it on the breezeway wall outside Sarah Clark's apartment. Inside, Clark's blood-soaked body lay face-up on her bed, hands bound behind her with a leather belt. She had been raped, her throat cut, her torso sliced open.

Mario Pete

Pete was 16 years old when Sarah was murdered and lived at the same apartment complex with his mother and sister.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...oldcase29.html
    I'm glad they finally caught him and Sarah's family knows justice will be done. I wonder about the other two possibly related cases....

Wonderful news !! The SOB thought he was in the clear, and after all these years he is finally going to pay ! Prayers for her family !

The original link doesnt work anymore but ended up doing a manual search on that site and found http://www.azcentral.com/specials/sp...oldcase28.html

Sorry to rehash, the article mentions another similar case in the same building, but I wasnt able to find out if they were linked with my limited resources.

Clark's murder was the second one at the apartment complex, and police now say there are enough similarities for them to wonder whether the two killings were done by the same person. Laurie Kay Marshburn, 23, was stabbed 14 times in June 1986. Her killer also entered the apartment through the front door and stabbed her with a knife from her own kitchen. Police call both deaths "overkill."
    Can anyone find further info if they were linked? Outcome?