1274 users online (245 members and 1029 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MI - Haley Poupard, 8, April 8, 2014

http://www.wxyz.com/web/wxyz/news/8-...lp-finding-her

Missing 8 year old girl in Michigan.
    Last edited by Patience; 04-09-2014 at 07:41 AM.

Oh no! Parents checked into a hotel and left her sleeping in the truck? But why? Oh goodness....why would they do that?
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    http://www.wxyz.com/web/wxyz/news/8-...lp-finding-her

Missing 8 year old girl in Michigan.
    Haley Poupard was last seen at 3:30 Wednesday morning at the Comfort Inn on S. Telegraph.

Her parents told police they checked into the hotel and left her sleeping in their truck.

When they came to check on her after 3:00 a.m., she was missing.

Seriously?
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

BTW, Haley looks so much like Shae Ross (Heaven LaShae Ross) who is the Featured Cold Case on the WS Home Page.
    Praying for Haley!

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaReckonwith View Post
    Haley Poupard was last seen at 3:30 Wednesday morning at the Comfort Inn on S. Telegraph.

Her parents told police they checked into the hotel and left her sleeping in their truck.

When they came to check on her after 3:00 a.m., she was missing.

Seriously?
    Amanda....why would they leave her out in the vehicle instead of waking her taking her into safety with them? This is highly questionable.

Description of clothing included here....as well as statement that police are "talking to the parents."

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...r-Taylor-motel

The temp in Taylor, MI this morning is 36 degrees....and Haley was wearing shorts.

Something is wrong.

https://twitter.com/rooprajfox2/stat...47857871585280

Two siblings were also at the hotel but Haley left in truck?

Ding ding ding... There goes my hinky metre!!!

Left in motel parking lot! Were they vacationing? Homeless? Why were they staying at a motel I wonder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Information is missing here. Why were they at the motel? Were they living there or just passing through? It should be a school day. What time did they check in? Are the parents familiar with the location?

I traveled with children quite a bit for a couple years and stayed in many motels. I can see leaving one sleep while you carry in the other children or luggage but in that weather for any amount of time is not conceivable.

This can not be good.

jmo
    Always do the right thing because you do enough things you think are right that end up being wrong-my dad-RIP 1/19/2013

Quote Originally Posted by WideOpen View Post
    Information is missing here. Why were they at the motel? Were they living there or just passing through? It should be a school day. What time did they check in? Are the parents familiar with the location?

I traveled with children quite a bit for a couple years and stayed in many motels. I can see leaving one sleep while you carry in the other children or luggage but in that weather for any amount of time is not conceivable.

This can not be good.

jmo
    The siblings are 16 and 10. I think with this age, you would just wake up all the kids and stagger them into the room.
    This just isn't right, is it?

I must say....
    You have 5 individuals riding in a truck. We have a 4 door truck and you can even put 6 people in, including the driver, but it wouldn't be pleasant.
    So with 2 parents and 3 kids aged 8-16, it wouldn't be easy for Haley to stretch out and sleep in there. She could have fallen asleep sitting up but when everyone got out of the vehicle, she would have most likely awakened.

My parents used to leave my sister in the car when she was sleeping because they would try and wake her up and she would literally fight us (what an angel! ha) but never at a random location like that. Did they say if they locked the doors??? Was glass broken? Could she have woken up and stumbled sleepily through the hotel to find her parents?

My hinky meter is going nuts on this one, but I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
    "The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."
    -Mark Twain

https://twitter.com/rooprajfox2/stat...52657699291136

Search dogs find no sign of Haley. was she ever at this hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by ohhieliz View Post
    My parents used to leave my sister in the car when she was sleeping because they would try and wake her up and she would literally fight us (what an angel! ha) but never at a random location like that. Did they say if they locked the doors??? Was glass broken? Could she have woken up and stumbled sleepily through the hotel to find her parents?

My hinky meter is going nuts on this one, but I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
    I know what you mean. But if I pulled into a motel at 1 AM, I would be so tired that I wouldn't be able to get back up at 3 AM to check on my child. I can't imagine any circumstances where I would leave my 8 year old child, who is wearing shorts, in a cold truck in a motel parking lot to sleep.
    I'm trying to figure out what was going on for the family though. Had they traveled all day? Were they vacationing?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast