1066 users online (205 members and 861 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    [modsnip]

Gotta love teenagers, you know his mom and dad are frantic and thankful and overwhelmed, while dude here just takes a cool, laid back selfie!

Good work, young man. Easy to overlook something so simple with an emergency going on around you, but you thought of it and did it!
    Last edited by Salem; 04-09-2014 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Removed quoted post.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

What's really sad, no one is even shocked by this anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    Gotta love teenagers, you know his mom and dad are frantic and thankful and overwhelmed, while dude here just takes a cool, laid back selfie!

Good work, young man. Easy to overlook something so simple with an emergency going on around you, but you thought of it and did it!

Ahhhh, boys and their boo boos! From the time they're tots they love band aides and scars!
    That never seems to go away!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

I'm pretty jaded, it's true. My hometown and high school had a ton of violence, and that was 22/25 years ago ().

What does kind of freak me out is the randomness of the school attacks these days. In my HS it was gangs, general criminal types, and while there were stabbings and shootings, it was pretty much intra-gang. Not random. Can only think of one random attack at the moment, on a girl I knew, and that was by knife in junior high.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

UPMC EAST presser........paged trauma was coming.....they are not a trauma fac and had to transfer many
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Ahhhh, boys and their boo boos! From the time they're tots they love band aides and scars!
    That never seems to go away!

If he is anything like some guys I know, he will be using that scar as a conversation piece/pick up story for years to come lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post

IKR he's just "Chillin at Children's" and his parents are probably freakin' the freak out. I guess that's what happens when we get older and become responsible for another human being though.

As bad as this is I'm just so thankful that there isn't any loss of life.

YAY Nate...you da man!

This makes me want to run and get my kids out of school and just hug them tight... this is so awful, WHY does it keep happening???? Breaks my heart for the victims and also the perp... praying for all involved

another presser, everyone will survive.
    things are getting quiet.
    reunification with parents, caregivers
    ongoing police investigation
    school crime scene
    school shut down for several days
    other schools open
    counseling and support available
    local, state and FBI involved
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    news says do not lie to your child, tell them 'yes' this could happen in your school. Teach them survival skills......
    My sons' schools have done "school shooter/bad person" drills quarterly for several years. I happened to be at a school for one. It's basically lock yourself in a classroom, close the door blinds, turn off the lights and hide yourself wherever you can. I'm glad they are being prepared for this possibility, but it's heartbreaking that our kids need to go through this. Some of the kids get SO scared and start hysterically crying during the drills. It's horrible that our children need to go through this!!

Quote Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
    My sons' schools have done "school shooter/bad person" drills quarterly for several years. I happened to be at a school for one. It's basically lock yourself in a classroom, close the door blinds, turn off the lights and hide yourself wherever you can. I'm glad they are being prepared for this possibility, but it's heartbreaking that our kids need to go through this. Some of the kids get SO scared and start hysterically crying during the drills. It's horrible that our children need to go through this!!
    Yeah, it really bothers me too. . It's like the old "duck and cover" drills during the Cold War. How good can that be for a kid's psyche?

Quote Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
    I remember when my daughter had one of these drills in kindergarten, she was terrified, I had to come and pick her up! There was no warning that this was going to happen that day and she was not at all emotionally prepared, its terrible what our schools have become

My friends son was one of the kids stabbed. He is out of surgery. This is so unbelievable. Prayers to all.
    Justice for Travis Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by beth272 View Post
    I remember when my daughter had one of these drills in kindergarten, she was terrified, I had to come and pick her up! There was no warning that this was going to happen that day and she was not at all emotionally prepared, its terrible what our schools have become
    Kindergarten?! Jeez Louise! I realize this is the new reality for our children, but there has to be a better way for children, parents and schools to deal with this, especially with such young children.

I am sorry your daughter had to go through that beth272.

I am deeply saddened at the news being reported by everyone here in this thread (I am trying to catch up). By no means am I an expert, but as a parent of two girls in elementary school, with one preparing to enter middle school next year, I have real fears about what lies ahead for them, and for all of our children.

The feeling that no one is safe is real. Yet, we strive to teach them to be proactive, and to not live in fear. The dichotomy is striking, and I'm left unable to answer the questions I know they will have for me (as well as my own).

findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

I'm surprised the boys name has not been leaked yet. With all the technology I would have thought it would be leaked in 10 minutes. Prayers!

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast