766 users online (106 members and 660 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MS - Hazel Williams, 78, Terry, 7 April 2014

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/25197...-seen-in-terry

Authorities need your help finding a missing Alzheimer's patient.
    Hazel Williams, a 78-year-old woman, was last seen about 9:00 pm, Monday, just before she apparently walked away from her home..

Thanks, Salem, for starting this thread.

Wonder why she walked away from home at this time of the evening? Pets, maybe?

http://www.newsms.fm/silver-alert-ha...illiams-terry/

"TERRY, Miss.–If you’ve seen Hazel Bozeman Williams, please contact the Miss. Highway Patrol or your local police. She’s 78, has Alzheimer’s, and walked away from her home Tuesday night.

Williams is from Terry, black woman, 5 ft. 7, 146 lbs., salt and pepper hair, and was last seen Tuesday night about 9. Her family said she apparently just walked away from her home on Bozeman Rd., according to a news release from MHP.

If you know where she is, you can also call the Hinds County Sheriff’s Dept. at 601-857-2600"

Conflicting media reports as this article says last seen on Tuesday evening.

Regardless...hope she is found soon.

I live in Ms and have heard nothing of this. But am wondering......has she been missing for 2 nights or one? I guess the only difference is how far she may have gotten away from home and of course the amount of time she has been exposed to the elements. It has been quite cool here in Ms the past couple of nights and then yesterday it rained.
    Please be safe Ms. Williams... And found soon.
    "Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged."--
    Ronald Regan

Ground search underway.

@JessicaWLBT: More teams just arrived to help search for Hazel http://t.co/cI7OzGuNJfq
    @JessicaWLBT: This is our view. HCSO will not allow our cameras inside to show the search efforts http://t.co/ikvud3j7to

http://www.wjtv.com/story/25208443/s...ly-terry-woman

"She’s a great lady, a hard working lady a Christian lady and she believes in doing the right thing in life… it's just a sad tragedy that she came up missing," said Linda Wilson, who’s a relative.

While metro one chopper searched from the air, two dozen law enforcement officers fanned out on foot, while Hinds county deputies on horseback looked through the woods near the woman's home Wednesday.

The chopper covered a mile around her home and the men and woman on the ground walked a half mile in all directions around the house.

Crews also searched three local cemeteries after hearing that the woman had been talking about visiting the grave of one of her relatives at a Baptist church a few miles from her home.

And authorities say they looked in three ponds and one lake in the area.

The search hits close to home for Wilson. She says her sister went missing 30 years ago and the family still has no idea what happened to her.

“I’m hoping they have better returns than I did."

I bet Ms. Wilson doesn't know there is still the opportunity to open a missing case for her sister.

It's getting that time of year where alzheimers patients want to wander.

Passed through this morning and saw a large gathering of Wildlife and Fisheries at the Texaco near the interstate.

I asked someone about a poster and was told one has not been made.

Earlier I questioned whether people can really help through Websleuths. Can anyone here easily produce a poster to provide to the community?

Quote Originally Posted by msmamanana View Post
    Earlier I questioned whether people can really help through Websleuths. Can anyone here easily produce a poster to provide to the community?
    some members are able to do that. Maybe if you alert your post a mod can help find someone who can.
    HTH
    "Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged."--
    Ronald Regan

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Search continues for missing Terry woman -

http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mis...woman/25514220
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Where are you Ms. Hazel? Where did somebody take you?

You are not forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by msmamanana View Post
    You are not forgotten.
    Let's all take a moment for Hazel. She needs our help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast