862 users online (109 members and 753 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AZ - Jenika Feuerstein, 20, Mesa, 3 Jan 2009

Jenika Brianne Feuerstein

Endangered Missing

Missing From: Mesa, Arizona

Missing Since: January 3, 2009

Age: 20 -- Height: 4'11" -- Weight: 90 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Hazel

Jenika's nicknames are Jen and Jeni. Her ears and the left side of her lower lip are pierced. She has a tattoo of a butterfly behind her right ear, a small star on her right ankle, and a butterfly near her left wrist.

Jenika was last seen in Mesa, Arizona on January 3, 2009. She and the man she was with were supposed to meet a friend at a friend's house. Jenika sent a text message to her friend at 10:45 pm saying they would be there soon, but they never arrived. At 11:10 pm, she texted her roommate saying she would be home by 11:30 pm, but she never arrived there either. The following day, she missed a remembrance event for her sister who had died of a brain tumor.

The man Jenika was with the night she disappeared is a convicted felon. Two of her friends found him at a campsite two days after she disappeared. He told them he dropped her off at her apartment the night she disappeared. Jenika remains missing.

NamUs

Charley Project

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

AZ - Jenika Brianne Feuerstein, 20, Mesa, 3 Jan 2009

Jenika Brianne Feuerstein

Body found at Apache Lake identified as Mesa woman -

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said Monday that they identified the woman whose remains were found in a container near Apache Lake on Sunday. Jenika Brianne Feuerstein went missing from her home in Mesa on Jan. 3, 2009, when she was 20 years old, according to a statement released by the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...-abrk/7524311/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I've been looking up who she was last seen with. I don't believe we can name him until he's arrested or LE says he's a POI or suspect. His name is at this link about Jenika missing.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/feuerstein_jenika.html

There is a thread here from 2010 for Jenika but it's closed.

eta, I'm hoping that duct tape holds fibers, hair, dna or something.

RIP Jenika.

The campground mentioned in that article is about an hour and forty five minutes away from where Jenika was found.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/252096...-remains-found

Family and friends left with questions after remains found

rest in peace jenika. Prayers for her family!

I hope an arrest follows quickly.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-cen...nna-feuerstein

Rest in peace, Jenika

for Jenika's family. I am SO sad to hear the news, knowing closure is elusive in the cases we sleuth here.

Another precious Forever Angel has received her wings. Now the rest of the world knows it. Fly High, Beautiful One!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

How heartbreaking - the family lost two daughters.
    Another heartbreaking statement in the missing details, she had used heroine daily since she was in the 8th grade. I cannot imagine...

RIP - I am so glad you were found.

Family of woman found dead after 5 years speaks out

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/25...medium=twitter

The video at this link shows maps and aerial footage of the approx location where this young lady's remains were found:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/video?cl...autoStart=true

The location is really reminding me of Adrienne Salinas.

I know its a shot in the dark, but could whoever killed Jenika have also killed Adrienne?

Last night I was thinking about Adrienne's case. There are many possibilities, but last night my thoughts were leaning toward a random abductor who might have seen her walking. He may have offered her a ride, or coerced her into the car. jmo

Adrienne's remains were washed /scattered after flooding. Could they originally have been placed closer to where Jenika was found?

Both these young ladies were found "in a wash" in the AZ desert.

Maybe there is no connection, but maybe there is?

Where was the guy who said he dropped Jenika off on the night that Adrienne disappeared?

Just thinking out loud.

Margarita, Canyon Lake is where some peeps think Adrienne was left at, but the Sheriffs believed it was within a 3 mile area of where AS's body was found. I also believe the same because the terrain and predators would have left nothing if she had traveled from the lake to Apache Junction.

I, too, got hit with an uneasy feeling when Jenika was found and identified, and did a bit of reading to see if there was a correlation. I *think* there's too much time between the 2 cases, Jenika was last known to be in the presence of a convicted felon, who was found at a campsite a few days (?) later, close to where the chest was found, the chest was probably used to transport where Adrienne was just "dumped/buried and brought to the surface". (or so it seems)

Other than both cases involving disposal sites near lakes and to the East of the metropolitan areas of Phoenix (the physical similarities of the young ladies did give me pause) I believe this is the work of 2 separate individuals. The MO's just don't correlate for me to be the same person? JMO.

JMO, OMO, MOO, etc., etc........

Quote Originally Posted by Bernina View Post
    Margarita, Canyon Lake is where some peeps think Adrienne was left at, but the Sheriffs believed it was within a 3 mile area of where AS's body was found. I also believe the same because the terrain and predators would have left nothing if she had traveled from the lake to Apache Junction.

I, too, got hit with an uneasy feeling when Jenika was found and identified, and did a bit of reading to see if there was a correlation. I *think* there's too much time between the 2 cases, Jenika was last known to be in the presence of a convicted felon, who was found at a campsite a few days (?) later, close to where the chest was found, the chest was probably used to transport where Adrienne was just "dumped/buried and brought to the surface". (or so it seems)

Other than both cases involving disposal sites near lakes and to the East of the metropolitan areas of Phoenix (the physical similarities of the young ladies did give me pause) I believe this is the work of 2 separate individuals. The MO's just don't correlate for me to be the same person? JMO.
    Thanks for your response, Bernina.

There is the case of Amy Ahonen here in Colorado; her remains were found scattered over several miles last month. We had major flooding here last year; I believe this played a role in the location / distribution of her remains.

I think its possible Adrienne's remains could have traveled a significant distance...IIRC, the video footage of the raging flood waters was quite intense.

I hope Adrienne's killer and Jenika's killer are found.

There is an incarcerated killer here in CO named Travis Forbes. His actions varied greatly between his 2 victims. Sometimes killers do not always use the same methods, or they "evolve". And so often time spans years in between victims.

I agree, Adrienne and Jenika are probably not connected. Worth noting the proximity of the locations, though, I think.

Has COD on Jenika been determined / released? Chances are she was murdered, but I wonder due to her history if she might have have overdosed on heroine, then the person panicked? Just a thought.

Map of Apache/Canyon lakes, and where Adrienne was found.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/alb...ictureid=17284

And this is frustrating the heck out of me! Can't get the pic to show up, use the link.........grrrr!

Did the individual she was last with have a history of heroin use? A felon with an armed robbery conviction and then recent release.......Jenika told LE she had used heroin since 8th grade when she was arrested on drug charges previously.....armed robbery is usually connected to drug use..... she's 20 and the felon is 43....Jenika's friends found this felon 3 days after the disappearance in the area of Coon's Bluff at a campsite, about an hour away from the container (campsite was closer to Mesa than container)http://www.websleuths.com/forums/alb...ictureid=17285...........connect the dots.
    Could this be the result of a possible heroin overdose and her body hidden to avoid prosecution?

I have a feeling this was a self administered drug related death, not the work of a predator, serial killer, or random act of violence. It should also be noted Jenika disappeared close to the anniversary of her sister's death, which may have given her a reason to use. Anyone who is with an individual who OD's and dies, can be charged with varying degrees of complicity: possession of narcotics, under the influence, manslaughter, homicide, etc., if they participated.

On the surface, to be blunt, if it looks like a duck.........just my

Another article:http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/loc...a4bcf887a.html

I would think that if Jenika accidentally ODed, the person she was with would have anonymously dropped her body off somewhere where it would have been discovered. By concealing her body, the person made themself guilty of a crime. It is likely that some of her other friends were also drug users, so if she had ODed, the person she was with would have probably felt comfortable confiding in those friends. JMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast