920 users online (161 members and 759 guests)  

Websleuths News

ME - Shirley Day, 68, Chester, 10 April 2014

Woman missing as fire sweeps through trailer in Chester -

CHESTER, Maine —
    An elderly woman is missing and feared dead in a fire that swept through the trailer she shares with her grandson on Loop Road on Thursday, officials said.
    Shirley Day, 68, had just received her daily medications from Jason Ryder when Ryder left to go down the road to get the newspaper. In the seven minutes in which Ryder ran the errand, fire erupted in the trailer. When Ryder returned to the trailer, he told firefighters that he found the smoke and heat too intense to get back into the building.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 04-12-2014 at 09:55 AM.
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

up north

Woman’s body found after fire swept through trailer in Chester

By Nick Sambides Jr., BDN Staff
    Posted April 10, 2014, at 11:34 a.m.
    Last modified April 10, 2014, at 6:18 p.m.

CHESTER, Maine — A woman’s body was found in the rubble after fire swept through a trailer she shared with her grandson on Loop Road on Thursday, officials said.

Upstate NY
    RIP Shirley.

Call me cynical but this story makes me angry and suspicious. Maybe I am just projecting my own concerns over my gram becoming a victim due to her Alzheimer's. The elderly are at such a disadvantage, just like children. They have to trust their caregivers and some caregivers just aren't trustworthy. Hopefully this was just an accident and coincidental but my gut is churning when I read this story.
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein