1183 users online (159 members and 1024 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - Middletown, BlkMale body on bike trail, Apr'14 - William Sawyer

I'm not sure if this is where this goes since it seems like they have an identity. This is my first post. I think I messed up the title too if a mod would please change it.

This body was found about 20 minutes from where I live.

The first news story had no gender of the body but it was updated about an hour ago.

http://www.fox19.com/story/25234701/...at-maple-ninth

Officers are investigating after the body of a man was discovered on a Middletown bike trail. Police say a large amount of blood was discovered near the scene.

Middletown is a very small suburb of Cincinnati to the north in Butler County. It is about equidistant between Cincinnati and Dayton.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-13-2014 at 06:34 PM.
    I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

I am currently trying to locate any recently missing men from that area. There are a few men missing from Columbus late last year:

John Russell Adams Missing adult
    Missing from: Columbus, Ohio
    Missing since: 10/26/2013
    Missing age: 28

Jahmal Sundiatra Hobbs Missing adult
    Missing from: Columbus, Ohio
    Missing since: 10/18/2013
    Missing age: 32

And this guy from Athens, which is more East:
    Samuel Wiater Missing adult
    Missing from: Athens, Ohio
    Missing since: 3/13/2014
    Missing age: 21
    I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

Michael Davis has been missing for almost a week now. He's from Columbus, which is 95.3 miles from Middletown

This guy has been missing for about 10 days from Highland County which is just East of Cincinnati, Hamilton County.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kenny...71078553070172

Lily Tomlin

The article says that the "The identity of the victim has not been released at this time.".

This usually means that they know the identity, but are withholding it pending notification of NOK.

Consequently, I am going to go ahead and classify this as Identified, and move it to the "Identified" subforum.

Thanks! I wasn't sure what to do.

Lily Tomlin

Nothing new this morning. I have to drive up there tomorrow. I'll drive by and see what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lily Tomlin

He's been identified as William Sawyer. Being investigated as a homicide.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/...n-maple-avenue

Middletown Police Sergeant David Birk said Sawyer suffered an entry and exit wound, and officers are investigating his death as a homicide.

Detectives are awaiting the results of an autopsy conducted Monday to determine the exact cause.

Birk said research into Sawyer’s background and life has not given detectives much on finding a motive.

"(Sawyer has) very little criminal history,” Birk said. “He wasn't someone we had repeated calls on or complaints on for police responding calls, so at this point, talking to his friends and family, he didn't have any enemies."

Lily Tomlin

Death ruled homicide after autopsy. They believe he was shot around Midnight. No people in the area heard anything.

Now here's some insider info of that area. There is A LOT of drug use and drug dealing. I had many clients in that area with drug related issues. I wouldn't say it's rampant like in Cincinnati buuut it's pretty excessive for a small suburb.

http://m.journal-news.com/news/news/...ddletow/nfZJz/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lily Tomlin

These little news snippets are frustrating.

Still awaiting autopsy results.

http://www.700wlw.com/articles/local...an-on-12255607

Lily Tomlin