Twitter user’s ‘joke’ terror threat alarms American Airlines

Softail

Reaction score
:doh: I really hope they don't let this go. She needs some type of punishment. How incredibly stupid.

Twitter user’s ‘joke’ terror threat alarms American Airlines

What a Twit.

A Twitter user named “Sarah” threatened to “do something really big” in terror-laced tweet to American Airlines, but quickly begged forgiveness when the airline promised to contact the FBI.

“hello my name’s Ibrahim and I’m from Afghanistan,” Sarah wrote on Sunday. “I’m part of Al Qaida and on June 1st I’m gonna do something really big bye.”

The airline responded swiftly.

“Sarah, we take these threats very seriously. Your IP address and details will be forwarded to security and the FBI.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ican-airlines-article-1.1755119#ixzz2yr6JzZMA

Am I getting old, or are some Twitter users incredibly stupid, even after taking into account how most of them are probably tweens?

Am I getting old, or are some Twitter users incredibly stupid, even after taking into account how most of them are probably tweens?

:dunno: You may in fact be getting old :)giggle:), but twitter users can in fact be incredibly stupid. Not just kids, adults too! :)

LOL @ "I blocked the FBI just in case." Even if American Airlines made an empty threat, she obviously doesn't understand the gravity of her actions.

Seriously? :waitasec: Another genius :doh:

Despite her arrest, others didn't get the message.

Another Twitter user sent a threat to Southwest Airlines, which responded Monday by saying: "The safety of our customers and employees is our top priority. Your info had been given to the appropriate authorities." The user later tweeted it was a joke.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ican-airlines-article-1.1755809#ixzz2yy5Fim5d

And now the copy cats have come out (watching HLN). I hope that the FBI is tracing every single IP address, and paying lots of visits.

grats Sarah - now you're on terror watch lists all over the world ... you may or may not have huge issues travelling, depending I suppose on whether you're actually charged - they might cut you a break this time BUT this will follow you for the rest of your life - even if the investigation reveals you are just a foolish girl ... this will follow you - if you live 80 more years, you may STILL be on a government watch list ... oh boy, what a mess

Some kids have no concept of consequences. Composing a 140-character-or-under tweet doesn't take much thought. It doesn't occur to them how typing out certain words can get you in trouble with the law and/or follow you for the rest of your life.

:eek: :doh: WTF?

Dozens of teenagers are now tweeting bomb jokes to American Airlines

One dumb teenager is easily excused — but the host of Twitter users currently tweeting bomb threats at major airlines is another story entirely.

In either case, you’d think that would warn off other pranksters — but the opposite has actually been true. In fact, at least a dozen other people have threatened American or, oddly, Southwest, an unrelated airline, under the guise of a “prank” or “joke.”

@AmericanAir the bomb goes of in 3 hours
— Alden Fernandez ♥ (@AldoFernz) April 14, 2014

@AmericanAir I have a bomb under the next plane to take off
— Army Jacket . (@ShyyLicious) April 14, 2014

@AmericanAir I’m gonna bomb your 737 jet

— ▲ demi ▼ (@ddlovatosteddy) April 14, 2014

@AmericanAir You really seem to not care that i’m about to bomb your plane that’s headed to Paris. Btw, my name is Ahmed.
— Allie (@ComedyBatman) April 14, 2014

@SouthwestAir @WesleyWalrus is gonna bomb your next few flights
— donnie cyrus. (@MileyFawLife) April 14, 2014

@Politie_Rdam @YourAnonCentral @AmericanAir release her or I’ll bomb your HQ. you gonna arrest me now?
— admrl. anonymous (@nonfreak) April 14, 2014

@AmericanAir Hello Am From Iraq i Want 1Million Or I Will Plan A Bomb To Your Next Flight To Paris !! Bye Bye America ”
— The Real Slim Shady (@WaleedMeshari) April 14, 2014

@AmericanAir Hello, I’m eduardo. ago a couple of weeks were warned, i´m ignored. you will pay the consequences. Bomb! HAHAHAHA
— eduardo (@eduardo37276391) April 14, 2014

@AmericanAir hello my name is Ibrahim I think you guys are the BOMB!!!!!!
— zahra (@versaceftziam) April 14, 2014

.@SouthwestAir I bake really good pies and my friends call me ″the bomb” am I still allowed to fly?
— Kale (@KalenRiley10) April 14, 2014

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...g-bomb-jokes-to-american-airlines/?tid=pm_pop

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back