1246 users online (280 members and 966 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Leopards weren't the most dangerous animal in the house

A Long Island man who cops say let a pair of 50-pound leopards freely roam the home he shared with his wife and four young children may have been the most dangerous animal in the house.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...p-269008c.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I agree...the most dangerous animal was the husband! That pic of the wife looks like he'd really beaten her badly. I wonder if that was the first time. Kinda hard to believe. Those poor kids were probably scared to death. And the sad part is he'll probably spend more time in jail for having the animals than he will for beating his wife.

Children not allowed to stay with leopard-keeper's wife

The bruises that underlined Anastasia Barone's eyes recently, along with her description of a marriage of captivity among leopard cubs, illustrate the picture authorities have painted of her as a battered wife.

But because of the wild felines, along with other animals and carcasses found recently in the couple's Dix Hills home, Barone is now accused of abusing her children. The four children -- ages 2, 4, 7 and 8 -- were taken to a foster home last Thursday night, after the Suffolk Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals found things such as a rotting dog and lynx in the Caledonia Road home.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/lo...age-bigpix2005
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I am sorry and my heart goes out to this women but she obviously has her own issues to work through before she can begin to parent those children.

I feel bad for her but those children need a safe environment.
    Bottom line... they are children ... she is an adult so she needs to get it together and be one.
    Again I feel bad for her and I hope for her kids she is up to the task.

As poor a caretaker as Anthony Barone was to the many wild animals that roamed his Dix Hills home, he was a far worse husband, a Suffolk prosecutor said as Barone was arraigned Friday on charges in an 11-count indictment that he beat his wife and left her chained up for hours.

The 11-count indictment against Barone includes charges of assault, unlawful imprisonment, child endangerment, and illegal possession of animals. The most serious charge -- second degree assault -- carries a maximum of five years in prison. Barone and his wife were both arraigned Thursday on child abuse charges. Anastasia Barone is free on bail.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/lo...main-tabheads1