1043 users online (200 members and 843 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
    With the voters recently opting to get rid of the death penalty, he won't be put to death, however, maybe he is will spend the rest of his miserable life in prison and off the streets so he will not be able to murder another woman.
    Californians voted to keep the death penalty in November 2016.

--Proposition 66, which speeds up the appeals process, won with 50.9 percent of the vote.
    --The competing Proposition 62, which would have abolished California’s death penalty, drew 46.1 percent.

That doesn't mean that Californians won't vote to abolish it sometime in the future.

But, for now, CA is a death penalty state and the time from conviction to execution should be shorter with the passage of Prop 66.
    My opinions only, with respect to all those whose opinions differ

What really bothers me about this case is how quick they were originally paroled or somehow got out of prison after their original crimes.

Look at how fast they were on the streets from when they were convicted.

WTH and why are they even being paroled or let out after committing kidnapping and other terrrible crimes and one of them even with underage girl.

They should not have been given any parole after so few years. One was out in 5 years and the other 10.

Gordon was also convicted of kidnapping in 2002, according to the Orange County District Attorney’s Office. Similarly, Cano had been convicted in an Orange County court in 2007 of lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14, the court records state. He also was required to register as a sex offender for life.

The two men were on parole when they cut off their ankle bracelets in April 2012 and took a Greyhound bus to Las Vegas.

https://theintercept.com/2016/01/17/...inues-to-grow/

I hate to say this but he might get a new trial... he did not adequately represent himself. that is why I hate when they try to do so, like that puke mesiti in Stanislaus county. I hope he doesn't, but they cross all t's and dot all i's in DP cases.

Victim's Family Files Wrongful Death Suit against Federal Probation

-Jarrae Estepp's mom, Jodi Pier-Estepp, just filed a wrongful-death suit against federal probation, along with five unnamed agents for failing to properly train and monitor their officers

-Jarrae Estepp's naked body was found on a moving conveyor belt inside an Anaheim, California recycling facility in March 2014

-Steven Dean Gordon was found guilty of kidnapping and murdering Estepp, along with three other prostitutes who disappeared over the course of 2013

-Franc Cano, who has also been charged with murder, is still awaiting trial

-Gordon and Cano, registered sex offenders, violated parole by meeting up, wore their court-ordered tracking devices during three of the murders, and even cut them off to go to Nevada

-Officials said they did monitor their GPS tracking devices, but did not compare the data of the two men

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...officials.html
    My opinions only, with respect to all those whose opinions differ

I observed like conduct by defendants many times before I retired. It seldom failed that just as soon as they were tucked away in prison, they'd begin filing Rule 32s attempting to get sentences set aside, &/or a new trial. The inmate has law library privileges, form files, & access to eager-beaver law students &/or groups who just find it game to take on the system or undo sentences, etc. Time will tell.

exactly, cva.

It is so interesting to me when killers show remorse and want to plead guilty. It's as if they have a Jekyll and Hyde situation going on.
    Here to help. Here to love. Here to encourage.

Convicted Orange County Serial Killer Sentenced to Death
    Steven Dean Gordon, the homeless sex offender who was convicted last year of murdering four women in Orange County, was sentenced to death Friday for his crimes.

I wondered why he wanted the death penalty, but then after reading a bit about Cali's death row, it seems he has been inducted into the bad boy hall of fame. Now he has his twisted legacy and a ticket to years of appeals. If I were a CA taxpayer I'd be pi$$ed. What a mess.

MOO

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...htmlstory.html

EXCLUSIVE - 'I am beyond evil': Serial killer Steven Gordon who ASKED for the death penalty after he raped and murdered four women speaks for the first time about his 'screwed up' crimes

In a Daily Mail exclusive clip, serial killer Steven Gordon discusses his trial and sentencing to death for the first time in a Dateline interview that will air Friday

Gordon has been sentenced to death for the abduction and murder of four women in California over 2013 and 2014

Gordon had previously said that he deserved to die for what he did

He allegedly committed the murders with another convicted sex offender...

The women raped and murdered were Jarrae Nykkole Estepp, 21, of Elk City, Oklahoma; Kianna Jackson, 20, of Las Vegas, and Martha Anaya, 28, and Josephine Monique Vargas, 34, both of Santa Ana, California....

The special will air Friday at 10.00pm Eastern, 9.00pm Central on NBC's Dateline."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...stify-did.html

(Jarrae Nykkole Estepp, 21, of Oklahoma; Martha Anaya, 28, Santa Ana;
    Kianna Jackson, 20, of Las Vegas; and Josephine Monique Vargas, 34, of Santa Ana. )
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------

Travis Alexander (1977-2008)

Teghan Alyssa Skiba (RIP sweet baby)
    -------------------------
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle. - Ian MacLaren

The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it - Flannery O'connor

You’re missing one’: Identity of Fifth Victim of Serial Killer Steven Gordon Revealed
    "You're missing one."

That's how Detective Julissa Trapp of the Anaheim Police Department said she first learned that Steven Gordon might have one more victim. One she never knew existed.

Detective Trapp was investigating the death of 21-year-old Jarrae Estepp. Her body had been found at an Anaheim trash facility on March 14, 2014. After a month-long investigation, Gordon was arrested in connection with the murder. When Trapp interviewed Steven Gordon, she suspected he had killed three other women too: Kianna Jackson, Josephine "Monique" Vargas, and Martha Anaya. During the course of a 13-hour interview, Gordon confessed to murdering all four women, who had been working as prostitutes in Orange County, California.

He claimed he worked with a partner named Franc Cano. Cano has pleaded not guilty is awaiting trial.
    Gordon told Detective Trapp something else in that police interview. There was one more victim -- a Jane Doe.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6