1062 users online (232 members and 830 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Canada - Five slain at Brentwood house party, Calgary, 15 April 2014 *Insanity*

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/04/15/5-...y-house-party/

"Poole said all five appeared to be in their late teens or early 20s.

She said a man in his 20s was arrested with the help of the police canine unit about 40 minutes after the stabbings.

He was taken to hospital for treatment of dog bites.

There was no immediate word on charges against the suspect, or the possible motive".

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Police+...998/story.html

"Police said they received reports of a stabbing around 1:20 a.m. in the 100 block of Butler Crescent N.W. Officers arrived to find three people dead. Two more were taken to hospital, where they succumbed to their injuries.

The victims include four men and a woman, reportedly all in their late teens or early 20s.

Read continuing, live coverage from the team of Calgary Herald reporters and photographers covering the fatal stabbings of five people in northwest Calgary's Brentwood neighbourhood."

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...052/story.html

"The University of Calgary posted a short statement about the deaths on its website saying counselling would be offered to anyone needing it.

"The University of Calgary is mourning the loss of five young people killed early this morning in Brentwood," the statement reads.

"The identities of the deceased have not yet been confirmed by Calgary Police Services. Once details are confirmed by Calgary Police Services, the university will provide a further statement."

Calgary Mayor Naheed Nenshi took to Twitter to offeroffer condolences.

"Thoughts and prayers of all Calgarians are with the young people we lost this morning, their families, friends, and university community," the mayor said."

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/04/15...thwest-calgary

"Neighbour Doug Jones said he believed between three and five university students lived in the home, and he has never had any trouble with them.

"It's not a party house or anything," he said.

Jones said he was aware there was a small party at the home Monday night, but there was "no loud music or swearing or anything."

"Soon as it started cooling off and it started getting dark, they moved inside," he said.

"It was no different or no louder than when we get together for a barbecue."

The suspect is a son of a police officer...
    Trying to figure out how to post the link...

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    http://www.citynews.ca/2014/04/15/5-...y-house-party/

"Poole said all five appeared to be in their late teens or early 20s.

She said a man in his 20s was arrested with the help of the police canine unit about 40 minutes after the stabbings.

He was taken to hospital for treatment of dog bites.

There was no immediate word on charges against the suspect, or the possible motive".

I hope the dog was OK.

How very senseless and tragic for the families of those who were murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by basilcat View Post
    The suspect is a son of a police officer...
    Trying to figure out how to post the link...
    The man suspected of fatally stabbing five young people at a northwest Calgary house party is the son of a veteran police officer in the city, CBC News has learned.

Here's that info in a CBC linky:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...610465?cmp=rss

best,

s
    Last edited by scapa; 04-15-2014 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Added quotation requested

"According to two sources with knowledge of the investigation, the 23-year-old suspect arrested shortly after the incident is the son of a veteran inspector with the Calgary Police Service. The recent U of C grad was planning to attend law school. "

I just made a very undignified sound when I read the bolded part. SMH

Last edited by Yoda; 04-15-2014 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Added link
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

I'm going to hazard a guess with the very little info reported so far. Drugs.

Jmo
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'm going to hazard a guess with the very little info reported so far. Drugs.

Jmo
    ....seems likely..the viciousness of stabbing to death five fellow students and leaving the scene... Speaks towards some type of drug fuelled rage..

This is so awful..
    I have a son in uni who writes his last exam on Thursday..
    Its a time of such promise and hope....
    How absolutely senseless, tragic and horrifying for the victims, their families and friends,and society as a whole...
    My thoughts and prayers to those who have lost a cherished family member/friend through this atrocious act... This makes my heart hurt so much...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    "According to two sources with knowledge of the investigation, the 23-year-old suspect arrested shortly after the incident is the son of a veteran inspector with the Calgary Police Service. The recent U of C grad was planning to attend law school. "

I just made a very undignified sound when I read the bolded part. SMH

I watched the presser and Calgary Police Chief Rick Hanson acknowledged that the suspect's father is a veteran of CPS (iirc, 33 years). Apparently his parents are devastated and co-operating fully with LE.

As next of kin have not all been notified, no names released. Can't imagine what parents of university students are going through right now if they haven't been able to contact their child.

I agree with the take that drugs will be a factor (I'd hazard a guess at meth due to the ability of one individual to kill 5 people). It was on CTV News that it doesn't appear to be alcohol related but drugs will be investigated.

Chief Hanson said charges of 1st degree murder will be laid this afternoon. A reporter stated that a weapon was brought to the party, but the weapon involved in the killings was obtained at the residence.

Unreal!
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Cbc reports the suspect is Matthew de grood...I will try to find the link

Rather disturbing his last Facebook status posted at 7:38 (??) Pm last night. Doesn't look like too much activity on his Facebook and that status looks a little personal? Odd...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast