1062 users online (233 members and 829 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Australia - CC, 3, Bundaberg QLD, 10 April 2014 - #3

http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...-1226879595138

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...411-36gno.html

Police are currently searching near the Childers Showgrounds after CC went missing from the house on Ridgway St about 7am Thursday.
    Crime scene tape has been place around a home and police say they fear the little girl may be at risk. An abduction alert has been issued.
    It is understood C’s parents put her to bed last night before going to sleep about 1am.
    When they woke in the morning, she was gone.

http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...-1226879595138

Thread #1

Thread #2
    Last edited by marlywings; 04-16-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Just heard on the news CC has been handed into the police station alive and well.

Waiting to find it on msm to provide a link. No info on who handed her in.
    Last edited by marlywings; 04-16-2014 at 10:15 AM.

http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/man...pbell/2231485/

Man charged with the alleged abduction of CC

A 45-year-old Childers man has been charged with the alleged abduction of three-year-old CC.

It will be alleged the man took little C from inside her Ridgway St home in the early hours of last Thursday, before returning her to the Childers Showgrounds 42 hours later.
    Last edited by marlywings; 04-16-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe." - Andy Rooney

Opinions are my own and are not to be copied, repeated or used outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

Ok folks listen up. Important info!!

Because there's been an arrest & charges laid, the case is now into sub-judice period.

WS complies with Australian court rulings & we do not want to interfere with any ongoing police investigation.

Therefore photos of the accused cannot be posted.

If the accused has criminal history that isn't allowed to be posted or discussed.

No attributing other crimes to the accused unless/until there is an official source to back it up.

Lastly, please remember to use initials only for the child victim.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-18-2015 at 09:07 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

AUSTRALIA - CC, 3, Bundaberg, Queensland, 10th April 2014 *ARREST*#3

Please continue here....

Marly, no offense at all , as I don't know how things go in Aus. But if CC's photo is still at the top of the thread, but we cannot see photos of the PERP, I am definitely confused. Why is her image not protected but the perps is ? tia

Quote Originally Posted by SCHMAE View Post
    Marly, no offense at all , as I don't know how things go in Aus. But if CC's photo is still at the top of the thread, but we cannot see photos of the PERP, I am definitely confused. Why is her image not protected but the perps is ? tia
    Welcome to Australia Schmae, where perps always have more protection than victims, MOO.

Photos are gone now SCHMAE....lots of editing happening

Quote Originally Posted by h.isobel View Post
    Welcome to Australia Schmae, where perps always have more protection than victims, MOO.

It is the same in my country.

What I noticed this morning that CC's face and later her mum's and another family friend were pixelled in a video but then the next video showed the same stuff but without the pixelled faces. To me that makes her feel like a criminal and I find it a bit daft because her photo's were all over the news.

What they also always do is name the victim but not the criminals. They have only their initials shown in papers here.
    Sorry my English stinks at the moment. I am tired and my brain is not working as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingSilent View Post
    Maybe the sooner they "paint and sell" the better.
    Yes they should but they will also bring themselves. So Perhaps it would be good to have dad go to a rehab (not sure about mum) and really change the life of this family once they have moved.

Just moving will not change much imo.

Detective inspector Bruce McNab said police would continue the investigation as they could not rule out the involvement of others.
    They are even swabbing the window of his house.

I see MSM are concealing his face now ... a bit.

And he has a lawyer now.

Kane is expected to formally apply for bail today, represented by the duty lawyer Thomas Bray.
    However police have indicated they will oppose bail for reasons including the possibility Kane could attempt suicide.
    http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...-1226887118582
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

Quote Originally Posted by marlywings View Post
    Photos are gone now SCHMAE....lots of editing happening
    Thank you . I meant nothing harsh, just trying to figure out the AUS protocol for such. This is a bit strange trying to grasp from the US. Because here , as most of you know, Perps are not protected from media unless they are minors.

Not only that, but her name has been plastered all over the media around the WORLD and now we have to use initials?
    I understand the law, but tbh, it doesn't make sense-at all.

Thanks Marly for this from previous thread:

April 17, 2014 12:00AM

A search of his house at Rainbows Rd, in the rural South Isis district, uncovered “items linked to (the girl)” as well as evidence of a fire in which a camera and hard drive had been burnt"
    http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...-1226887118582

BBM - oh dear! I really truly do not want to think about this.

Quote Originally Posted by JLSChook View Post
    Not only that, but her name has been plastered all over the media around the WORLD and now we have to use initials?
    I understand the law, but tbh, it doesn't make sense-at all.
    I suppose the thinking is protecting angel girl from media isn't going to happen. It's too late. Her picture and name HAD to be plastered all over everything so she could be found... but they can at least try.

As for protecting.... That man.... I would imagine the laws are in place for cases such as this where things a very high emotion and people want answer's and justice. If he had not confessed and an innocent man had been arrested think of the danger that innocent man would be in.

I'm not sure if I agree with it or not, but I think I understand the reasoning.
    I brought a child into this dark world because it needed the light that only a child can bring.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast