1069 users online (213 members and 856 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Teen urinates in Portland reservoir

Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates into reservoir

By Emma Lacey-Bordeaux, CNN

updated 7:34 AM EDT, Thu April 17, 2014

(CNN) -- The city of Portland, Oregon, has been forced to dump millions of gallons of drinking water. Why?

Because someone urinated into a water reservoir.

Surprising still, this isn't the first time this has happened.

The latest incident took place about 1 a.m. Wednesday. Cameras captured three teens near the Mount Tabor Reservoir No. 5. One of them approached the iron fence and apparently got close enough to relieve himself directly into the reservoir...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/17/us/ore...html?hpt=hp_t2

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    I admit, it doesn't sound very appetizing but what do they think birds are doing in there as they fly over and lighten their load.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Quote Originally Posted by STANDREID View Post
    I admit, it doesn't sound very appetizing but what do they think birds are doing in there as they fly over and lighten their load.
    And if it's happened before, why wasn't the reservoir covered? Did he put the seat down when he finished?

What a ridiculous waste of 38 million gallons of water! Urine is sterile anyway. I don't understand why it's not better patrolled. If they can pee in it, they can throw something a lot more nefarious in it.

This is ridiculous. The urine would be so incredibly diluted by the millions of gallons that it wouldn't be a danger biologically (urine is typically sterile, anyways). And it wouldn't be detected by odor or color.

This was the talk by the water cooler at work today.

But yeah, who knows what else has made its way into the water!

AMAZING! What ever happened to chlorination & in some areas, fluoridation to the H2O as it "hits the pipes". you know, enters the closed pipe system of portable drinking water!?

PLEASE give me a break, folks! The coliform count (if that's the measuring system that was used to determine "safety") in this body of water must have been astronomical.....and BTW: did anybody start the teenage offender on antibiotics 'cause he must have one heck of a UTI or perhaps at this point, is septic!

The huge issue is SECURITY at the public "watering hole"! Oh yeah, that's "IMVHO"!
    “Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succure vitae”– Giovanni Margagni

"This is the place where death rejoices to teach those who live."-
    Giovanni Margagni

Quote Originally Posted by spamelope View Post
    What a ridiculous waste of 38 million gallons of water! Urine is sterile anyway. I don't understand why it's not better patrolled. If they can pee in it, they can throw something a lot more nefarious in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by deca View Post
    This is ridiculous. The urine would be so incredibly diluted by the millions of gallons that it wouldn't be a danger biologically (urine is typically sterile, anyways). And it wouldn't be detected by odor or color.
    Urine is only sterile for the person it belongs to.

it is highly sterile, consisting of 95 per cent water and five per cent nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, proteins, antibodies and other beneficial ingredients.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...nk-467303.html

More at link. Make sure you don't have a queasy stomach though.

Quote Originally Posted by TrackerSam View Post
    And if it's happened before, why wasn't the reservoir covered? Did he put the seat down when he finished?
    Covering the Mt. Tabor reservoir has been a hot topic for years now, actually since 9/11. Word is that peeps pee in it on purpose, i.e. those who are "pro" having that seat to put down

We natives have a difficult time with what necessities urban growth can bring. It is a lovely walk up there around the open reservoir; always has been... alas, times change and population boom brings those who don't seem to have a feel for the sanctity of places - or, shall I say "tend to get their sanct-ities confused" LOL IMO.

There are many dog owners up there, more and more all the time, and a nice walking path directly adjacent to said reservoir to mosey in the evening... dog owners who don't pick up after pooch seem to be a majority anymore as well. Poo next to open freshwater like that is disgusting, and cause various Problems/Ongoing Issues for especially the last 3 years.

I'd say another year and Mt. Tabor will be closed to the public altogether.

I have worked in microbiology safety and security (protecting the food supply)- and usually large bodies of water are not an issue with tampering because a person would have to dump barrels of stuff in it to cause any effect. Of course they should take measures to prevent it, but dumping the lake? geez. AND we are going through a drought now.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    This was the talk by the water cooler at work today.

But yeah, who knows what else has made its way into the water!
    Hopefully, the water cooler is Absopure or another spring water source

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    it is highly sterile, consisting of 95 per cent water and five per cent nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, proteins, antibodies and other beneficial ingredients.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...nk-467303.html

More at link. Make sure you don't have a queasy stomach though.
    I still have no desire to drink it.
    They should release the urinator's name.
    Just my opinion

Good thing animals never pee in it.

-_-
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

Teen urinates in Portland reservoir

I'm still scratching my head.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast