1400 users online (245 members and 1155 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 91 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1351
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the Plains & Jordan-Hare stadium
    Posts
    17,303

    Trial Discussion Thread #29

    Oscar Pistorius: South Africa gears up for its 'trial of the century'

    (CNN) -- He was one of South Africa's favorite sons, an amputee track star who defied all the odds and sprinted into the hearts of millions during the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. She was a staggering beauty with the brains to match, a law graduate and model whose star was on the rise.

    http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/...trial-preview/



    Pistorius channel goes on air in South Africa

    http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_306483/con...tguid=Ip4glGHn
    Watch live: Oscar Pistorius murder trial
    Follow events from Pretoria as paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius appears in court accused of murdering his girlfriend, the model Reeva Steenkamp.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...der-trial.html


    Links:

    Full Indictment-4 Counts-107 Witnesses

    http://www.scribd.com/embeds/1856954...endations=true

    http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...uling-20140225

    http://www.channel24.co.za/TV/News/D...bloid-20140228


    Twitter:

    https://twitter.com/oscartrial199

    https://twitter.com/GeraldImrayAP

    https://twitter.com/Debora_Patta

    Live Streaming:

    http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_of...l-live-stream/

    http://mybroadband.co.za/news/intern...streaming.html

    http://www.702.co.za/shows/oscar_stream.asp

    http://www.mediaite.com/online/watch...r-trial-day-9/

    http://whoopwhoop.tv/pistorius2.htm

    Live News Feed

    http://cnnworldlive.cnn.com/Event/Os...torius_trial_4

    Trial Video Archive:

    http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_of...trial-archive/

    _________________________________________

    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9
    Thread #10
    Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23
    Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28
    Last edited by Harmony2; 04-17-2014 at 10:24 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,486

    Trial Discussion Thread #28

    link
    link

    Continue discussion here...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    352
    Forgive me if this news has already been shared today. Haven't caught up on the daily trial thread yet.

    Pathologist Reggie Perumal will not testify. https://za.news.yahoo.com/top-pathol...142633899.html or http://za.news.yahoo.com/top-patholo...142633899.html

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,530
    Plain and simple.

    Oscar Pistorius, with full intent, murdered a person, that being Reeva Steenkamp.

    No matter time frame, no matter motive, no matter stumps, no matter lighting, no matter screams, no matter LED light, no matter jeans, and no matter "versions".

    Plain and simple.

    IMO.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinn View Post
    Forgive me if this news has already been shared today. Haven't caught up on the daily trial thread yet.

    Pathologist Reggie Perumal will not testify. https://za.news.yahoo.com/top-pathol...142633899.html or http://za.news.yahoo.com/top-patholo...142633899.html
    Well, I'm normally very cynical when it comes to the MSM, so I'm going to err on the side of...who knows why? But if, in fact, it's for the reason being mulled over by the media, I wouldn't be surprised. And, if so, I'm happy to know that there are still scruples in this world
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.
    - Oscar Wilde

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinn View Post
    Forgive me if this news has already been shared today. Haven't caught up on the daily trial thread yet.

    Pathologist Reggie Perumal will not testify. https://za.news.yahoo.com/top-pathol...142633899.html or http://za.news.yahoo.com/top-patholo...142633899.html
    I posted it on the previous thread. It was suggested that Perumal will not lie about the stomach contents and agrees with the State.

    I wonder how many witnesses the defence has left now. They could all be running scared in case their reputations are demeaned as Dr Dixon's was.

    IMO the Defence has fallen apart and could not be rectified now.
    _________________________________________
    Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    146
    I can't see OP being convicted of anything so far. Nel has so far failed to make the case as far as I'm concerned. All I see are a lot of people (Nel among them) who take an invidious position and come up with speculative scenarios of what happened, whereas the only version that rings true to me is the one OP has elaborated all along.

    Taking into account his highly strung persona and tendency to make hasty judgements, it all fits in very well for me. A lot of people are angry with him for having killed Reeva but I feel they need to be careful not to allow that anger to colour their view of what actually happened. Others just assume that he's lying because they find it hard to put themselves in his shoes. Many South Africans believe him because they KNOW what it's like to be worried about intruders, whereas Americans and others don't understand this very well as house break ins in America and Europe etc. are rare by comparison.

    There may be details here and there that don't sound right, but they don't alter the core narrative. <modsnip>
    Last edited by beach; 04-18-2014 at 02:56 AM. Reason: removed opinion stated as fact

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    811
    Quote Originally Posted by James50 View Post
    I can't see OP being convicted of anything so far. Nel has so far failed to make the case as far as I'm concerned. All I see are a lot of people (Nel among them) who take an invidious position and come up with speculative scenarios of what happened, whereas the only version that rings true to me is the one OP has elaborated all along.

    Taking into account his highly strung persona and tendency to make hasty judgements, it all fits in very well for me. A lot of people are angry with him for having killed Reeva but I feel they need to be careful not to allow that anger to colour their view of what actually happened. Others just assume that he's lying because they find it hard to put themselves in the shoes of the accused. South Africans believe him because they KNOW what it's like to be worried about intruders, whereas Americans and others don't understand this very well as house break ins in America are rare by comparison.

    There may be details here and there that don't sound right, but they don't alter the core narrative. <modsnip>
    Thanks! Interested to know whether you think OP deliberately shot at an 'alleged intruder/s" or the gun went off accidentally when it was pointed at the door? Which version of OP do you agree with as he used both in testimony?
    Last edited by beach; 04-18-2014 at 02:57 AM. Reason: edited quoted post

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Forensics View Post
    Thanks! Interested to know whether you think OP deliberately shot at an 'alleged intruder/s" or the gun went off accidentally when it was pointed at the door? Which version of OP do you agree with as he used both in testimony?

    Thank you. Can you quote his exactly lines? <modsnip>
    Last edited by beach; 04-18-2014 at 02:59 AM. Reason: please don't admonish other posters

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by James50 View Post
    I can't see OP being convicted of anything so far. Nel has so far failed to make the case as far as I'm concerned. All I see are a lot of people (Nel among them) who take an invidious position and come up with speculative scenarios of what happened, whereas the only version that rings true to me is the one OP has elaborated all along.

    Taking into account his highly strung persona and tendency to make hasty judgements, it all fits in very well for me. A lot of people are angry with him for having killed Reeva but I feel they need to be careful not to allow that anger to colour their view of what actually happened. Others just assume that he's lying because they find it hard to put themselves in his shoes. Many South Africans believe him because they KNOW what it's like to be worried about intruders, whereas Americans and others don't understand this very well as house break ins in America and Europe etc. are rare by comparison.

    There may be details here and there that don't sound right, but they don't alter the core narrative. He's telling the truth at least about not knowing that realising until it was too late that it was Reeva in there.

    No, they don't. And if you disagree, please provide statistics proving otherwise. I'd really appreciate that information given that I am American.

    Thank you.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.
    - Oscar Wilde


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by James50 View Post
    Thank you. Can you quote his exactly lines? <modsnip>
    <modsnip>

    Maybe it should be the other way around.

    When walking around carrying a 9 mm Parabellum loaded with black talon ammo, when sharing a bedroom with woman, a person should be extremely careful before firing into the toilet stall without first checking to make sure he's not about to put multiple bullets into his girlfriend.
    Last edited by beach; 04-18-2014 at 02:59 AM. Reason: edited quoted post & removed response to edit

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by nastasya View Post
    <modsnip>

    Maybe it should be the other way around.

    When walking around carrying a 9 mm Parabellum loaded with black talon ammo, when sharing a bedroom with woman, a person should be extremely careful before firing into the toilet stall without first checking to make sure he's not about to put multiple bullets into his girlfriend.
    +1 x too many 0s to type.
    Last edited by beach; 04-18-2014 at 03:00 AM. Reason: edited quoted post
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.
    - Oscar Wilde

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    So did he shoot at the door because he was terrified or was the gun pointed at the door and accidently go off before he could think? Seems to me he said both. Maybe you could clarify for me.

    Okay, thank you. Can you quote his exact statements in context because I've forgotten them. I'm not being facetious. I really can't remember now, but it seemed to me that this was more or less a semantical issue rather than anything else. I am open to be proved wrong, and again I'm not being facetious.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,373
    Stumps vs Prosthetics

    Someone here asked me a few days ago which one I thought he was on during the final shooting.

    And I replied that I cannot be sure.
    But does it matter? Could he not have done everything either way, making this perhaps another straw man argument?

    OP’s autobio which came out in 2009 details his life up till then.
    When younger (till age 12) he outran his buds on his stumps. No balance problems, but I cited a few days ago, trying to be…well, balanced…that his present, larger upper body development might make balance an issue, or it might not. Nowhere in his own book does he indicate (to the best of my recollection) that he has a balance problem when on his stumps now.

    So like his alleged “great fear of intruders” (yet note the status of windows, balcony doors, ladders, alarm off, going toward the intruders, etc.), seems to be another invented or overplayed issue.

    Is there anything that he couldn’t do while on his stumps, those fateful minutes? The shooting, the bat strikes. People have to remember that he is a supreme athlete, with great strength, stretch, agility, and yes probably balance too.

    Several times here I have noted that his prosthetics shatter rather easily, based on his own words. So I doubt he kicked the door, certainly not with any significant force, because they would have shattered and he could have had a serious fall. The Pros. was the one beholden to test his P-legs for impact survivability,. What if results came back that they shatter esily? That would have been definitive if a controlled experiment was done. How many times did Col. Vermuellen say “I was not asked to do that.”

    So I find it fascinating that nether side tested his P–legs for forceful impacts. (A relatively easy experiment IMO, esp. given Newton’s 3rd law.) Much of what DT alleges, and these straw man arguments IMO are meant to hide exactly what he did and exactly when he did it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by James50 View Post
    Okay, thank you. Can you quote his exact statements in context because I've forgotten them. I'm not being facetious. I really can't remember now, but it seemed to me that this was more or less a semantical issue rather than anything else. I am open to be proved wrong, and again I'm not being facetious.
    Maybe you should take the time and watch the testimony on YouTube yourself then report back to us what OP said. Then you will be able to quote OP's exact words yourself, and possibly draw your own conclusions based on what he actually said, not what you think he said.

Page 1 of 91 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 151
    Last Post: 09-12-2016, 04:48 PM
  2. Trial Discussion Thread #28 - 14.04.17, Day 25
    By beach in forum Oscar Pistorius
    Replies: 1211
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 10:43 PM
  3. Trial Discussion Thread #26 - 14.04.15, Day 23
    By beach in forum Oscar Pistorius
    Replies: 1521
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 03:18 AM
  4. Trial Discussion Thread #11 weekend thread
    By beach in forum Oscar Pistorius
    Replies: 1190
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 02:33 AM
  5. Trial Discussion Thread #7 weekend thread
    By beach in forum Oscar Pistorius
    Replies: 321
    Last Post: 03-17-2014, 03:02 AM

Tags for this Thread