GUILTY FL - Daymeon Wygant, 16 mos, smothered, Homosassa, April 2014

Lovejac

Reaction score
http://www.counton2.com/story/25282473/father-admits

Cody Eugene Wygant said the boy was crying uncontrollably, preventing him from playing his Xbox games. He covered the boy's nose and mouth for three to four minutes until the boy became lethargic, then placed him in a playpen and covered him with bedding.

Rest in Peace, Daymeon Wygant

He was only 16 months old

http://www.wfla.com/story/25278963/...e-could-play-video-games-says-sheriffs-office

documents state that Wygant admitted to putting the boy in his playpen and wrapping him in bedding "in such a way as to prevent the decedent from receiving fresh air".

For five hours afterwards, investigators say Wygant played Xbox games and watched three episodes of the television show "Fringe". When he next checked on Daymeon, he was "blue, not breathing, and unresponsive".

Wygant told deputies he was the boy's primary caregiver. Wygant and his girlfriend also have a three-month-old daughter

dead eyes

Attachments

• xboxdad.jpg
    xboxdad.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 75
That represents everything that is evil in this world.

self obsessed, self absorbed, selfish, self serving .

There are far too many of these personality types out there creating/birthing children right now. SELF SELF SELF SELF people should not be in charge of caring for animals let alone a small helpless human.

I hope they fry this

Wygant didn't check on Daymeon for five hours, investigators said, while he played Xbox and watched three episodes of the television show "Fringe." By the time he checked on the child, Daymeon had turned blue and was unresponsive, they said.

Wygant is the primary care giver for the child, and the mother - Wygant's girlfriend - was not home, officials said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-man-allegedly-suffocated-son-so-he-could-play-video-games/

translation, mommy probably works while daddy stays home and plays video games all day ignoring his child and then killing him when he becomes inconvenient.

:sick:

Very, very premeditated, IMO. Lots of opportunities to walk away, or make attempts to call for help and revive the child. I hope it's charged with multiple counts, and one of them is first degree murder. Hope it's a death penalty eligible case, too, since it's FL.

I have a hard time viewing these kind of people as even part of the human race.

No video games or TV shows where he is now, and where he's going.

http://www.counton2.com/story/25309042/man-accused-of-killing-son-over-video-game-faces-new-charges

When detectives responded to the residence, they say the conditions of the home were "absolutely deplorable." One sergeant on scene commented that "this is the worst roach infestation I have ever seen."

According to the arrest affidavit, investigators noticed the residence was "heavily infested with bugs, insects and contained a very foul odor which could be smelled from the street."

The Sheriff's Office says the 3-month-old baby girl was in need of immediate medical treatment. Medical staff discovered she had "flat head syndrome," caused from leaving a baby in a playpen or crib for extended periods of time.

The baby also had a severe yeast infection that covered her body and actually caused tissue damage, as well as other medical issues.

Also arrested were Geneva DuFour, 55, and Jessika DuFour, 22, both of Homosassa. Both are facing felony charges of child neglect causing great bodily harm.

I wonder if he had been in the habit of suffocating or perhaps drugging the children to keep them quiet before this. It sounds a little like what might happen if a parent regularly half-smothered a child to keep it quiet, and then just smothered them a little too hard. I've seen a few cases where a child died of poisoning because a parent who had been drugging them to keep them quiet gave them too much of the substance--usually a sedative--and the child died.

What blows my mind is it just inst that hard to keep a 16 month old happy. Heck give him a sucker or toy that makes noise. Maybe even just a sippy cup of milk would of made this child happy. Idk maybe I just got lucky or I've got a way with my son but its so easy to keep him happy. Even when I'm doing something and he starts to get cranky I go threw the list and within a few moments he is happy and playing on his own well I finish up what I'm doing.

These people just sound lazy to me. And of course heartless and much more.

But I just don't get it. If its such a problem him crying why not at least put him in his crib and shut the door and let him cry it out. I mean this didn't have to happen. This guy could of called me him self to come get his screaming baby and I would of. I'm sure CPS would of been more then happy to take this child from them. Why not call them and be like if you don't come get my kid I'm going to kill him. Its not like any charge from that would of been worse then murder.
101 things you could of, should of but you killed the child instead. Ughhh makes me so sad and angry.

And I want to see this mother charged. I really really do. All to often I'm reading how these mothers have sat back and just let it happen. Don't try to tell me she didn't know her kids where being neglected as her bf played Xbox. No way.

Its funny that right now as I type this my sons father won't talk to me because I called CPS on his brother for doing this very same thing. They were homeless so we let them stay with us. I seen that guy leave his 14 month old in his crib from 9 am to 10 pm for days well he played xbox. My sons father works so much so i can be home with our son he didnt see how bad it was. When I'd go into take his son out then I was the bad guy stepping on toes. I couldn't turn a blind eye to it or I'd be just like the others who I think need to be charged. Thinking I need to send this to my son father so he knows why I don't take those kinds of things lightly.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Okay so maybe the mother was charged. But she still needs to answer for her sons murder IMO.

Okay so maybe the mother was charged. But she still needs to answer for her sons murder IMO.

Do you have a link to mom being charged with something? Just curious bc I don't see anything saying that. Thanks in advance :)

I hate reading about these stories. Why couldn't he have paused the freakin game? Or even held Daymeon in his lap to comfort him, if he *couldnt possibly* stop playing? It's not THAT hard to calm a baby, if you aren't a selfish monster. So sad. :(

You have to have a license to fish, drive a car, run (most) businesses. Yet any careless person can have a baby, and treat the baby like this. How do we prevent this?!?!?

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/bn9/2014/4/22/homosassa_child_negl.html

I am disgusted, outraged, and so very saddened.

How and why does this keep happening???? What can be done? I want to do something, anything, to help at least one of these innocent children. I don't know where to begin. This should be top priority in our world, protecting children from living these lives. What can I, or anyone, do??? I'm sorry for the rambling messages, I am just so hurt by this on behalf of the children who did/were/are suffering because of adults like these. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back