879 users online (122 members and 757 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fred&edna View Post
    I only saw the last part of the show, but it seems the "incognito" person believes the killer is a detail-oriented, computer-savvy auto mechanic who relocated his business (from Ocean Pkwy) after the GB4 were found.

I feel as if I must have missed something more.

The incognito person was saying they had an idea of a suspect. They were a LI native and talked about a local mechanic who is very organized in his shop every nut and bolt is in place, he's detail oriented, and good with computers. Speaks in a calm, cool voice like Melissa's sister described.

She said his demenor changed when the bodies were found. He moved locations of his shop, he got irritated with customers and lashed out being rude, his work suffered and he slacked on the type of mechanic work he would put out for customers.

Apparently dolls called "time out dolls" (a google search reveals some info on them--haven't done much research yet tho) but they were placed at the scene of the memorials on Ocean Parkway and then quickly removed the morning after. Incognito says she's seen similar dolls in Mechanics house.

In my google search I read these dolls are often found at craft shows or at auto shows to show them peaking under the hoods of cars to mimic a mechanic fixing the car.

Honestly, it's the first time I heard the detail of the dolls. Dark Minds showed a picture of the dolls draped over some of the crosses...I remember one was Amber's. If the episode pops up online I can screencap it.

I'm still not convinced incognito is an actual person and not an undercover from investigators dropping hints because they know the killer was probably watching. This case gets very little news coverage anymore. I know Phelps is a clown but at least he shines light on cold cases. It's been a few years since the bodies were found and there have been no new confirmed kills. It's basically cold. We know investigators keeps certain facts about the case hidden so the killer can confirm them later on if caught, I can't help but think law enforcement dropped the hint about the dolls to try to spark new leads. The dolls are odd, maybe someone recognizes them.

I think the dolls are probably bagged sitting somewhere in an evidence box as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    Is this the first time that he was possibly a mechanic? Emphasis on the mechanic, because it's speculation.
    yes, to my knowledge it's the first mention of it possibly being a mechanic.

Also I thought it was great that they connected Jessica Taylor to the LISK first thing. She is often lost in the mix of this but to me she is so important to this investigation because she confirms the Manorville and Gilgo Beach connect since her body parts were found in both locations.

I personally think the killer used both locations as dump sites. I think the dismembering in the beginning at Manorville and Fire Island was him experimenting. Then he realized he didn't need to go to those lengths to hide a body nobody was discovering them anyway. There was less clean up leaving the bodies intact and he felt confident....until his Gilgo bodies were discovered of course.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyTera View Post
    Weird to think that the LISK is more than likely sitting somewhere right now watching this new coverage air. I think he's obsessed with any media attention his kills get.
    Pretty sure he's also reading everything we have to say.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TobyTera View Post
    After watching, this was the first time I heard about "time out dolls" being placed at the memorial sites. Anyone ever heard the theory of the dolls before? Or know that the dolls were even placed at the memorial sites? How freaky.
    I have heard about this. And if you go way way back in threads here it has been talked about.

On WS here someone actually brought it up and MBB's sister asked for people not to discuss the dolls. It stood out to me when I read it at the time because I never heard any more about it and no one talked about it any more. And I wasn't here at the time those post were made so I don't know if I missed any deleted post or anything so I've always wanted to know more myself.

I think this is the first time (?) the time-out dolls have been confirmed as something other than a rumor.

The show also seemed to suggest, without saying so definitively, that they actually do have recordings of the voice of the killer from when he called Melissa Barthelemy's sister.

Most intriguing was the woman (was that really a woman?) who believes she knows a strong suspect. What set her apart from the many people who think that they know who the killer is?

I get the feeling that parts of this episode were designed to rattle somebody's cage. And if that woman is legit and she's possibly about to go in and listen to the voice recording of this guy? We'll see...

Yeah I think a few things lately have been to rattle someone's cage.

Quote Originally Posted by giagreen View Post
    I have heard about this. And if you go way way back in threads here it has been talked about.

On WS here someone actually brought it up and MBB's sister asked for people not to discuss the dolls. It stood out to me when I read it at the time because I never heard any more about it and no one talked about it any more. And I wasn't here at the time those post were made so I don't know if I missed any deleted post or anything so I've always wanted to know more myself.

I have a saved screenshot of a FB post dated Feb 29 2012 with a pic one of the dolls at MBB's memorial site, I think it was posted here at some point but deleted. Like you said, Gia, I remember the conversation on here being quickly squashed, I think we were still a public forum at the time, and the relatives had expressed that they didn't want us talking about the dolls (I don't think there was ever an explicit reason given as to why).

My jaw kinda dropped during the last ten minutes of Dark Minds last night with that anonymous interview, I was expecting the usual re-hashing of what we already know so it threw me for a loop. The dolls were always creepy to me, in any context, but especially in the context of being placed on the dump sites of four murder victims. I'm not sure how much I believe that the guy he/she was talking about is the killer but I certainly hope they're checking him out thoroughly.

All in all, for a show that I usually think is incredibly cheesy, I thought Dark Minds did a really good job on this case last night... I think they may have stirred something up.

I was disappointed that their profiler simply said the dolls are no smoking gun.
    As true as that is, any idiot could have come to that conclusion.
    But what are his THOUGHTS about the possibility that someone who would make the calls, would be the same type of person that would also leave other clues.

The cat is out of the bag now on the dolls, but there is MUCH more about this guy than the dolls. I know who they are talking about, but I'm worried about divulging too much, knowing he (whoever he is) is probably reading here and I'm unsure on LE 's roll in the information released in the show. I wonder if Toby is on to something and the mystery person is LE and they used the outlet to get a little more information out there. Whether this guy is the guy or not, it will renew some interest.

He worked in NYC until about the same time the girls stopped disappearing from the city, and disappearing on the Island.
    The four victims in burlap all disappeared within 3 -5 miles of where he worked at the respective times.

He may have at one time, worked in Manorville also.

There have been other dolls left on the Parkway and I'm unsure why they were not included in the episode last night. Apparently, they didn't talk to EVERYONE that knows anything because I can't help but think they would have been included.

I've been dying all this time for those here to know about the dolls. A friend posted pics of them back on the day they were found and I always thought there was something to them. Especially since i know who said they knew where they came from, and I believe this person 100%.

I wonder what the Gilbert family thinks of the episode.

This is another reason I feel LE is responsible for a lot of the content of this episode. They have gone completely with LE on the theory of Shannan's death and also didn't bother mentioning how SCPD botched the entire event the morning she went missing. They failed Shannan Gilbert that morning, no matter how you look at it.

Also, they stopped short of giving an educated thought on the dolls. I'm curious why they didn't somehow get a recording of this person's voice and play it for the sister. Seems like an easy task.

Does anyone here think they have recordings of the calls to the sister ? Why wouldn't they have already played them for this person? That would be even easier than coming up with a recording to play for the sister, if they had it

Quote Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
    I've been dying all this time for those here to know about the dolls. A friend posted pics of them back on the day they were found and I always thought there was something to them. Especially since i know who said they knew where they came from, and I believe this person 100%.
    The dolls thing is very reminiscent of when the BTK left a cereal box at a memorial site of one of his victims with a mutilated Barbie doll inside it. Get it? Cereal killer? Same kind of lame sense of humor.

Meanwhile, I'd hate to be running a car repair shop in that area right about now.

You know what I find interesting on the link that Beach shared?

This investigative journalist speaks of thinking Megan Waterman could have been one of the bodies found in Manorville.
    Doesn't that strike anyone since as far as we know, there have been no new, female bodies out there since Megan went missing?
    have there been more bodies in Manorville, more recently, that we don't know about ?

Quote Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
    They have gone completely with LE on the theory of Shannan's death and also didn't bother mentioning how SCPD botched the entire event the morning she went missing. They failed Shannan Gilbert that morning, no matter how you look at it.
    In your opinion, how did the police botch things up on the morning SG went missing. As I see it, they responded to some(2)residents calling about a young women knocking on doors and found no young woman when they arrived. If they spoke to GC, who'd seen MP looking for SG, then assuming MP'd found her and left would be logical. They had no idea whatsoever about SG's own 911 call at that time.

Oh.. just thought of another one.

Never has LE released whether or not Megan had hr cell phone with her.

Last night, they said she left the room without her purse or phone.
    There has been a lot os speculation early on as people tried to tie Shannan into the case beyond what LE was saying, that beyond the fact they were looking for Shannan when they found the bodies. A lot or RUMOR had it that the girls after Shannan were asked to now bring their phones. Amber didn't bring hers, because she was using someone else's and didn't have her own. She was sharing with her roommate.
    Megan's own family hadn't been able to find out what was in her room. Where did Dark Minds get this information ? Was it rumor from one of the many locals they spoke to, or did LE leak this via this show ?

GC saw Shannan run into the marsh and she was running from the guy in the truck. They should have identified the vehicle and made sure she wasn't being kidnapped. A young woman, pounding on doors, asking for help, running from someone in a vehicle. She didn't run TO the vehicle, she ran from it.
    'to protect and serve"

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast