1391 users online (252 members and 1139 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    This guy has an obscure, non signed, remote and most likely , illegal shop.

Any reputable shop with proper signage is not this guy

Since not all of us were able to watch the episode, could someone who watched the show summarize it and the new information? Does anyone know if there is some place on line to see the show for free?

I can't vouch that this will work, but it says you can watch the full episode here
    http://openstreammovies.com/?cat=286

I believe it's airing again though. Check the listings, I'm sure it's on again

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    Since not all of us were able to watch the episode, could someone who watched the show summarize it and the new information? Does anyone know if there is some place on line to see the show for free?
    I was thinking of starting a youtube channel with info on the case comprised all there because out of everything it seems like the LISK case once something airs it becomes near impossible to find. I remember that A&E documentary took forever for me to track down online.

I have the ability to cap video to upload it so I'll start working on it as I piece things together.

Quote Originally Posted by svpernin View Post
    I have a saved screenshot of a FB post dated Feb 29 2012 with a pic one of the dolls at MBB's memorial site, I think it was posted here at some point but deleted. Like you said, Gia, I remember the conversation on here being quickly squashed, I think we were still a public forum at the time, and the relatives had expressed that they didn't want us talking about the dolls (I don't think there was ever an explicit reason given as to why).

My jaw kinda dropped during the last ten minutes of Dark Minds last night with that anonymous interview, I was expecting the usual re-hashing of what we already know so it threw me for a loop. The dolls were always creepy to me, in any context, but especially in the context of being placed on the dump sites of four murder victims. I'm not sure how much I believe that the guy he/she was talking about is the killer but I certainly hope they're checking him out thoroughly.

All in all, for a show that I usually think is incredibly cheesy, I thought Dark Minds did a really good job on this case last night... I think they may have stirred something up.
    I think your right. There was never a real reason everyone was asked not to talk about it.

For me the fact it was a family member who asked us not to talk about them yet at the same time never denied that were dolls always made me made me believe that LE thinks they were placed there by the SK other wise what's the big deal if someone wanted to give the girls a gift and place something nice at their memorial site.

But if I remember right what triggered people was they were kinda creepy. I seen a picture once but it was so long ago I can't really remember all it.

And your also right about that being talked about before the was a privet form because that's how I was able to read everything.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

And sense the dolls have now been outed can or will any one post a pic if they've got one.

Quote Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
    I can't vouch that this will work, but it says you can watch the full episode here
    http://openstreammovies.com/?cat=286

I believe it's airing again though. Check the listings, I'm sure it's on again
    I only subscribe to basic cable, so no matter how many times the Dark Minds episode airs, I will not be able to see it. When I tried to download the Downstream website mentioned above, I received a warning from AVG that it contained a virus.

I've never added pictures before so I will try. I had to take quick pics from the saved DVR of Dark Minds that I have since I couldn't find the episode online yet to screencap. Apparently some locals saw them...I'm not a local though so if anyone has real pics that would be great. I also wasn't around when MBB sister asked not to speak about them so whoever said they have a screenshot of the doll from facebook if they could share now since it's out in the open that would be great.

Anyway..here's what I got.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by giagreen View Post
    And sense the dolls have now been outed can or will any one post a pic if they've got one.

If you google "timeout dolls" many websites will come up.

The fact that Dark Minds had pictures of all 4 dolls tells me they were given those pictures from law enforcement with permission to talk about them. Especially since the dolls until this point were rumors and MBB sister asked they not be discussed. That makes me think law enforcement was trying to keep it as little talked about as possible until now when they chose to plant the info.

I think that the dolls might have appeared innocent enough except for the red flag being the stuffing coming out of the dolls mouth in Amber's in such a crude manner. That to me was a sign that someone placed those dolls there without good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    If you google "timeout dolls" many websites will come up.
    Well see here's the funny thing. My laptop is in the shop. I've got no data left on my phone till my cycle restarts and for some weird freaking reason out of all things I can only go on WS! Lol but I will Google it once my data is back.

all those pics were on the internet a long time ago. available for anyone. maybe this family member asked not to discuss the dolls because it was already determined that they had nothing to do with the killer and this family member didn't want people to go and put time and effort into this without it leading anywhere.. but since dark minds suddenly brings it up makes me wonder if theres more to it in the end anyways. but no dark minds didnt get those pictures from LE, it was available to anyone, I remember seeing high res pics of all the dolls

Quote Originally Posted by DizzeeSpellz View Post
    all those pics were on the internet a long time ago. available for anyone. maybe this family member asked not to discuss the dolls because it was already determined that they had nothing to do with the killer and this family member didn't want people to go and put time and effort into this without it leading anywhere.. but since dark minds suddenly brings it up makes me wonder if theres more to it in the end anyways. but no dark minds didnt get those pictures from LE, it was available to anyone, I remember seeing high res pics of all the dolls

I just find it strange that there have been at least 2 different versions of the LISK case covered by 48 hours. Lifetime aired a 1hr special on this case using footage from the long A&E documentary. None of these media outlets talked about the dolls. So what Dark Minds pulled them from the vault? I think Phelps is a clown but other than his long walks and rhetorical questions I don't think he tries to stir real unnecessary drama about possible evidence. The book Lost Girls is very extensive...the author of that didn't mention the dolls in the book. If these pictures were common knowledge just floating around in high res no less why didn't any of these news outlets pick up the fact that dolls were left and discuss them? Even if just to tell people there was no connection....I mean how many times do we bounce Shannan Gilbert back and forth debating if she's connected or not? That's not considered a waste so why not the dolls too. I think but don't remember for sure but at one time think maybe Robert Kolker the author of the book posted on WS. Curious to know his thoughts/knowledge of the dolls.

The only way I think it can be ruled out these dolls have nothing to do with the killer is if LE have the actual person who handmade the dolls and proof that person, not the killer, placed the dolls at the memorial sites.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyTera View Post
    I just find it strange that there have been at least 2 different versions of the LISK case covered by 48 hours. Lifetime aired a 1hr special on this case using footage from the long A&E documentary. None of these media outlets talked about the dolls. So what Dark Minds pulled them from the vault? I think Phelps is a clown but other than his long walks and rhetorical questions I don't think he tries to stir real unnecessary drama about possible evidence. The book Lost Girls is very extensive...the author of that didn't mention the dolls in the book. If these pictures were common knowledge just floating around in high res no less why didn't any of these news outlets pick up the fact that dolls were left and discuss them? Even if just to tell people there was no connection....I mean how many times do we bounce Shannan Gilbert back and forth debating if she's connected or not? That's not considered a waste so why not the dolls too. I think but don't remember for sure but at one time think maybe Robert Kolker the author of the book posted on WS. Curious to know his thoughts/knowledge of the dolls.

The only way I think it can be ruled out these dolls have nothing to do with the killer is if LE have the actual person who handmade the dolls and proof that person, not the killer, placed the dolls at the memorial sites.
    who knows who might have put them there, it could be anyone.. the killer? a sick prankster? you really never know.. but i remember that on atleast one of the dolls you could see a name/logo as to where the clothes came from but there's numerous stores of that around. i don't know why dark minds covers this and nobody else did, but there were high res pictures of it going around and it was never a 'rumor' - atleast to me, because i had seen the pics. but I always had the feeling it was thought of having nothing to do with the killer and therefor they wanted this to not be discussed because it would be wasted time and effort, but again, who knows? i remember looking into the dolls back then and a possible 'message'.

I tried to post pics, but for some reason, I keep messing it up.

The dolls are hand made. They use to be very common at craft fairs.
    The only Logo on any of the clothes are Osh Kosh - because they just use kids clothes usually, unless they're a themed version.

I have the pics, but I can't seem to get them to post.
    If anyone can offer help, I'll try again.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast