Indian call staff quit over abuse on the line

Hammerized

Reaction score
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Indian call staff quit over abuse on the line
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,1494871,00.html

[/font][font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Abuse from British and American customers is driving increasing numbers of Indian call centre workers from their jobs, defeated by the strain of handling persistent rudeness. [/font]

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif] Irate customers was cited as one of the main industry stress factors in a recent survey of call centre staff and some organisations have begun employing psychiatrists and counsellors to help employees to cope...[/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/font]

Nothing upsets me more than having the phone ring while I'm bathing children or feeding them, I don't care what country the caller is in. But there is something especially irritating when the voice on the other end of the phone says in a really thick accent, "Hello, my name is Lisa Smith....". Just be honest and tell me your real name.

I'm thinking (although I may be wrong) that these are incoming calls, not outgoing calls. I don't think there's a need to be that rude, but I agree that its gonna piss people off knowing that this was supposed to have been a job held by a US or UK citizen and its been outsourced.

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't think there's a need to be that rude, but I agree that its gonna piss people off knowing that this was supposed to have been a job held by a US or UK citizen and its been outsourced.
Yeppp. Too bad this wasn't considered when "outsourcing" was presented to U.S. companies as a money-saving venture. LOL. This is going to cost plenty.

Hammerized said:
Yeppp. Too bad this wasn't considered when "outsourcing" was presented to U.S. companies as a money-saving venture. LOL. This is going to cost plenty.

In all honesty, it shouldn't have ever happened. I'm completely opposed to outsourcing this type of thing.

Hammerized said:
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Indian call staff quit over abuse on the line
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,1494871,00.html

[/font]

We had some trouble with our telephone and DSL service lately, so called the help line. The person on the other end had such a THICK accent that we could barely make out what they were trying to say. It was downright embarrassing having to ask 50 times in a five minute conversation "Excuse me, could you repeat that?" We finally had to break down and tell this person we could not understand them, and was someone available that had less of an accent. I was mortified having to ask this, and I felt so RUDE, but I truly could not understand enough of what was being said to solve my problem.

We recently switched to the cable company for our internet access, solely because the technicians are Americans, and we can communicate with them. We are considering switching our telephone service to them also.

Even Lowes, the home improvement store, seems to outsource their credit department.....we received a phone call wanting to offer us a special deal on our credit account with them, and had to pass because the person spoke English so poorly that we never could understand the fine details of the offer.

I HATE "outsourcing."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back