1173 users online (158 members and 1015 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NC - Tamiyah Bryant, 10 mos, Durham, 19 April 2014

Tamiyah Bryant

Amber Alert issued for missing baby -
    Tamiyah Bryant, 10 months, last seen in pink shirt, diaper.

Authorities with the Durham Police Department said Tamiyah Bryant, 10 months, is about 18 inches long and weighs 24 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes, and was last seen in a pink shirt and a diaper. Investigators said Tamiyah may be traveling with Rodney Bryant, 26. He was described as a black man, 6 feet tall, about 220 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. He was wearing a black shirt, green camouflage pants and an orange coat.
    Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/amber-aler...#ixzz2zMbyGb1R
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Officials said Rodney Bryant has tattoos of praying hands on the right side of his neck and the word “MOB” on the left side of his neck. He also has various tattoos on his forearms and the word “MACKTOWN” on his knuckles.
    Authorities said the abduction took place at 30 Glen Ridge Court in Angier.
    The suspect was last seen on I-40 west just past exit 147 at Hwy 55 westbound, possibly headed to Atlanta, officials said.
    Authorities said the suspect vehicle is a white 2002 Suzuki Vitara with a Washington state license. The door handle on the driver’s side is said to be missing.
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

The Amber Alert came through on my cell phone loud and clear.

I wonder what time the car was seen on I-40 near Hwy 55. If he is going to Atlanta, he's probably headed for I-85 if he stays on the interstate. Does anyone know if LE specifically alerts gas stations along the route that they think a person is driving? It seems like he would want to take back roads where there would be fewer people looking for him. Maybe Rt. 29/70?

Oh, my...not good.

Rodney Bryant, 26, has made threats to kill himself and the child, Durham police said.
    Tamiyah was taken around 8:15 a.m. today. The Amber Alert was issued at 4:45 p.m. I don't see the baby's mother mentioned anywhere. I hope she is OK.

http://www.wncn.com/story/25289869/a...en-from-durham

Quote Originally Posted by Considering View Post
    Oh, my...not good.

Tamiyah was taken around 8:15 a.m. today. The Amber Alert was issued at 4:45 p.m. I don't see the baby's mother mentioned anywhere. I hope she is OK.

http://www.wncn.com/story/25289869/a...en-from-durham
    Wow, that is a long time frame to wait to issue an Amber Alert! This guy could be getting close to Atlanta in that amount of time. Hopefully LE had notified other LE, it just had not been made public.

Information on the mother...

Investigators believe the incident began in Angier, N.C., where the family lives and the mother was put out of the vehicle along the highway in Durham.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=9509513

This has been running on my TV most of the day, and on my FB too. Poor baby!

Quote Originally Posted by sophiebelle View Post
    This has been running on my TV most of the day, and on my FB too. Poor baby!
    I'm guessing that the 18 inches long in the description if her birth length. The average at our hospital is 19 - 20 inches for a newborn. I hope she is found safe and soon! I also hope Mom is okay as she is not mentioned.

I see now Mom is okay. I guess that's what I get for not reading everything before posting!

Quote Originally Posted by LaborDayRN View Post
    I'm guessing that the 18 inches long in the description if her birth length. The average at our hospital is 19 - 20 inches for a newborn. I hope she is found safe and soon! I also hope Mom is okay as she is not mentioned.

I see now Mom is okay. I guess that's what I get for not reading everything before posting!
    They should have added some inches. No 10 month old is that small. What I saw on my TV was he had made mom get out of the car on the highway. Not sure where.

Bump. That intersection is within a few miles of me. I got the amber alert and heard sirens earlier.
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

http://www.wwaytv3.com/2014/04/19/am...f-missing-baby
    He is also charged with assault on a female and communicating threats.

Investigators say the charges stem from an incident at IHOP in Garner Saturday morning.
    Police said Bryant, 27, took his girlfriend Elssy Olivares to work at IHOP. He forcefully held her in the car when she tried to get out, according to police, and eventually forced her out on Interstate 40 in Durham.
    "Promise me you'll always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
    -Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh

And the rest of the story is . . .?

Why did father do this? He has WA state tags on car, so does he'not live in NC?
    Why did he take mom to work and then hold her in car? Then apparently took off to let her off on highway. The area he let her off is a very busy area so she could have gotten help quickly. Thank goodness!

Baby would need bottles, food, diapers. Was there a diaper bag in car? If not, does dad know how to care for a baby? If not, then he had to go to someone's house to help him as said baby is not going to go unfed for the trip from Durham to Atlanta!

Poor baby and poor mamma! A living nightmare! Hope by morning this precious baby is found.

Just googling the parents names leads to several sites listing the family as living/having lived in Washington state......Wonder if dad has any reason to head that way instead of Atlanta.

Can't find any facebook pages for the family....
    "Promise me you'll always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
    -Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh

Missing Angier girl found safe in Virginia

"Tamiyah Elssy Bryant was found with her father, Rodney Bryant, in Emporia, Va., which is about 100 miles north of Raleigh along Interstate 95. Police said a customer at a McDonald's recognized Bryant's white Suzuki XL7 in the parking lot and called 911. Emporia officers took him into custody without incident."

More at:

http://www.wral.com/missing-angier-g...inia/13580811/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast