1266 users online (294 members and 972 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

TX - Texas EquuSearch Banned From Using Drones for Human Searches

Texas EquuSearch Banned From Using Their Four Drones for Human Searches.

4/21: http://lancasteronline.com/news/nati...a4e0d9fcf.html

Banned since February '04, A Lawsuit has been filed in Federal Appeals Court.

May EquuSearch Be Granted An Immediate, Temporary Injunction.

I hope TE succeeds. It could take years before the FAA's red tape decides what the private use rules are.

I cannot believe that Equisearch could be dinged for the good they do. Currently Drones have a bad reputation because of what the American public is afraid of. There is a HUGE difference between the fear of being "spied upon" and the common good that can come from proper use. In actuality I find more privacy invaded by computer searches. I'm an older male man, and I could search female hygiene today and be bombarded by pop up for weeks of ads for it. LOL But I have to ask. If you had a loved one that was lost, or one that had / has been victimized would you not employ ANY technology to help?

JMO's
    Last edited by jggordo; 04-21-2014 at 09:47 PM. Reason: add stmt

The whole thing of drones is ridiculous. Any person flying over your property in a plane or helicopter can look down on it, can film it. LE does it regularly in checing for marijuanna grows, they fly over using radar for speeders. Outside airspace there is no presumption of privacy.

My guess is the drone search was proposed over the property of someone who was considered a suspect in a case.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I want drones. They can be very helpful, like saving a child or a fireman's life, going into a building on fire, hostage situtations. Police with a criminal, waiting to shoot them, a missing child. Whatever advancement for a missing child/person that can be made, I'm behind it. Tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Know? View Post
    I want drones. They can be very helpful, like saving a child or a fireman's life, going into a building on fire, hostage situtations. Police with a criminal, waiting to shoot them, a missing child. Whatever advancement for a missing child/person that can be made, I'm behind it. Tired of it.
    better use of technology than the nsa saving all of my boring phone info in some vault in the desert.

Amazon can use a drone to deliver a pkg, but TE can't use it to look for a missing person? What's this country coming to?

Good morning everyone. I saw your thread about Texas Equusearch and thought I would share this article. Tim Miller presented his case to the City Council yesterday. I will post a follow up as soon as I hear what happens!

Sonar pictures reveal more than 100 vehicles sunk in Houston's bayous
    http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...#photo-6297438
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence. It biases the judgment." -Sherlock Holmes

FAA Approves Some Commercial Use Of Drones

Federal Aviation Administration Approves Some Commercial Use Of Drones

Wed., Jun 10: http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworl...,4251791.story

Maybe Texas EquuSearch Some Day.