599 users online (64 members and 535 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Why?

Can you tell me why, as a community, you are so dedicated to solving this case? Please reply with a sentence or two and I may use your response in an article about this case.

Because he was just a boy really. I have sons and I can't believe that nobody loved him, missed him or looked for him.

(How wonderful that you are writing an article about Jason Doe!)

As a life long fan of the mystery genre, I gravitated to true crime,etc as an adult. Some stories or cases just stick with you. This is one of them for me. I can't tell you why, other than I would love to see Jason go home with his name. Like Shadow Dancer said, he was someone's son, brother, grandson, nephew,uncle .It is so hard to believe that in this day and time that no one can identify him.

Answer to Why?

Although Grateful Dead fans may not know each other's names, at a Dead concert all are members of the same family for magical hours. We want to see this family member given back his name.
    Where is Shawn Hale? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7546/0/ Missing from Apple Valley CA since 11/04/1994

Where is Michelle Crawford? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14428/0/ Missing from Lawton, OK since 06/08/1999

Where is Jennifer Lee Schmidt? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4822/0/ (Missing From West Lafayette IN(Purdue University) since 08/06/85.

Hi David. I'm a shy violet so please don't use my response in your article, but I wanted to reply more for the 'why' as food for thought in your piece. And also, thank you.

For me it is much of what has been said above. Having been a teen in the 90's, I identify with his free spirit and the time. The fact that his path took a sudden end when he was having the kind of adventure so many of us do at that age; getting rides to shows, meeting new friends in every place, having an amazing summer. Everything just flowing... Something about that being tragically cut short and no one who knew him even being aware it had happened, gives me a lonely feeling for him.

Because he deserves to have his name back and to be sent home. He's someone's son, brother and friend and it's sad that he's seemed to be forgotten about.
    The above mentioned text and views are my opinion and mine alone.

I always hope to find ones identity because I feel like we owe it to each other as humans. As humans we have the ability to be on computers and to share our thoughts and basically just help. I just think we need to use our smarts in good ways. Nobody deserves to lose their identity. This is my way of showing respect for those who's family didn't have that chance. Or in some cases the families just didn't care to and nobody deserves that.

And that's honestly why I like to dig threw missing persons or the unidentified. I've put a lot of thought into this why question only because all my friends have been asking why for a while now. They all think I'm crazy because honestly this isn't exactly a normal hobby. Lol

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

for me it's because this is an unusual unidentified case in that we should have every bit of information we need to solve it, yet we can't work the pieces together. we know where he was the day he died, we know who he was with, we know a lot of biographical information about him, we arguably know his first name (from the note), and we have a vague idea of the direction he was traveling. it's amazing that in almost twenty years not one person who went to school with this guy, who lived in the same town, who went to the same church, etc has seen an article, interview, or picture and been able to say "hey that's the guy i played baseball with in middle school".

i get depressed when i look at the missing persons forums from the 1940s and 1950s because i know they'll never be solved and i know that the families of those people will never get closure and, as time passes, they will pass away never knowing what happened. here we have a modern-day missing person (looking at it from the perspective of loves ones) and we can't figure out who he is.

In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    I've been following "Jason's" case for years now. It saddens me, because "Jason" was so young when he passed. I was around his age back then in 1995 and I can just imagine what a free sprit he must of been. I still can't believe that after almost 20 years, we still don't know who he was. How can no one remember him?

Why...

A name is the only thing we truly can call “our own”. It is a tie to a family, it is what binds a family, it is a sign of respect. Without a name we are essentially no one, and forgotten.
    Someone somewhere knows something, and Jason Doe deserves the proper respect of a name.

One thing I have noticed about the case this week is there is a lot of misinformation out there. I will make this all known in the story I am working on, but what I can say now is that some of the information in prior media reports -- including information surrounding the discovery of the note -- is incorrect. I should have the story up tomorrow.

Thank you! This case just speaks to me as a mother. He is someone's son.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

This boy is part of the human race, we are all from the same and one very, very large family. Jason Doe as mentioned above was a little boy once upon a time, a son and perhaps had siblings who very well may not be interested in his whereabouts or gave up due to lack of evidence. To tragically die in a car accident after attending a musical weekend is too ironic and sad. He does deserve to be named, to pass with pride and peace and not to be a 'doe'.... without soul.
    Looking forward to your article!
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast