1414 users online (269 members and 1145 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I'm happy you wrote about this case! I hope it helps find the tip needed to solve it!

an absolutely amazing article and investigative effort. in a few days (weeks?) you were able to straighten out several details of the case. my jaw dropped when i read that the note might be unrelated and that he wasn't in the car when the driver stopped at his father's house.

<rant> it also drive me nuts that you're able to get le to talk to you, but if one of us called we would not have received a reply. we're talking about a nearly two decade old case that will probably never be solved. there are several dozen people here who'd run through all sorts of crazy gauntlets to check facts but we get no cooperation. </end rant>

Thank you for writing the article. I greatly appreciate you clearing up some things.

My interest is because 1) It feels like he was thrown away or forgotten and that makes me sad, 2) I am always drawn to mysteries I cannot solve, 3) I know all of the geography very, very well because of my job/territory.

In the land of beer, cheese and serial killers
    Thank you for writing such a well written and researched article, Mr. Lohr. I sincerely hope that this will be the catalyst for discovering Jason's true identity.

Awesome! Just came here to see if everyone was talking about the case hitting huffpo. So great it's there, and thank you for your time/effort concerning this case. Seems that when ALL the cases that are here make their way to huffpo - we got a SOLVED soon after

Awesome part 2 - Bridget Lee Pendell is featured right below in a slide show. A case I have been picking apart with the help of friends and such. Glad to see these all featured

I want to second all of the 'Thank You's' David. I just got through surgery this week so it was a better than average pleasant surprise for me to see your article up and finished so soon once I returned to Websleuths. I am impressed at all that you pulled together and appreciate you checking for feedback here. We need more investigative journalists like you in this day and age, that's for sure. Thank you for your efforts.

Great article, I am so pleased that you took the time to publicise this case.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by David_Lohr View Post
    If you have time have a look at the newest lead by WS member greymetal. She took to imgur with GDF's flier, someone replied with a photo of a guy named Jay/Jason. The 2nd thread has the newest info. Not sure if you're able to help. They're trying to find out his last name & if he's even missing

VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

Current Leads; Facts and Updates - Jason /Jay

Rose, maybe send David Lohr a PM? He might not check here but he might be notified by email if he receives a PM. Sorry Mods, I know that talking about PM's is kind of a no-no but I thought this could be a small exception for a good reason...
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. J. Lennon NYC

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    If you have time have a look at the newest lead by WS member greymetal. She took to imgur with GDF's flier, someone replied with a photo of a guy named Jay/Jason. The 2nd thread has the newest info. Not sure if you're able to help. They're trying to find out his last name & if he's even missing

VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

Current Leads; Facts and Updates - Jason /Jay

According to the article Mr Lohr can be contacted here:
    http://www.davidlohr.net/

Maybe he could look into the new information and update his article or tweet/FB to help get some steam behind the push to find our doe!

If no one is able to email him I will do it tonight!

Direct link to his email
    david.lohr@huffingtonpost.com
    Or

davidlohr@davidlohr.net

The proper name used as an adjective here to modify the forum title's noun provides a subconscious, ironic allure.

Hi all,

Just wanted to check if somebody had been in contact with Mr. Lohr?

Was going to email him, but I don't want to pester him if we are already on top of it!

"If I knew the way, I would take you home..."

Nearly 20 years without a name, Grateful Doe.

Quote Originally Posted by greymetal View Post
    Hi all,

Just wanted to check if somebody had been in contact with Mr. Lohr?

Was going to email him, but I don't want to pester him if we are already on top of it!

This is your baby; let us know what we can do to help.
    I figured I'd bump the post 1st...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast