1044 users online (180 members and 864 guests)  

Websleuths News

Poll: What happened to Brandon Lawson?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Dead at the hands of strangers for mine

If he was in hiding, no way he calls 911

If it was someone he knew who harmed him, and he was able to call 911, he'd name them and stay on the phone so they knew they were named

I think after the fight with his girlfriend he went to get drugs, misjudged the amount of gas he had, and ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time out on that road

The word on the recording that confuses me most is "stapers"

As much as it sounds like someone else initially says "yeah" when she asks if he needs an ambulance, the phone would have had to be on speaker for anyone else to hear her ask that

from reading all the missing persons cases I have, one very common thread appears to be lack of endeavour by LE

If I was his family and friends, I'd be raising hell in their town about this

In my opinion Brandon is likely deceased at the hand of strangers or exposure/elements from getting lost out in that land. I agree if he knew who was chasing him he would have named them. Everyone keeps saying Ladessa isn't being forthcoming with answers but she has given several interviews answering questions. There is only so much she can give..... She was not there. If she had the answers, I don't believe Brandon would still be missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rascal32 View Post
    In my opinion Brandon is likely deceased at the hand of strangers or exposure/elements from getting lost out in that land. I agree if he knew who was chasing him he would have named them. Everyone keeps saying Ladessa isn't being forthcoming with answers but she has given several interviews answering questions. There is only so much she can give..... She was not there. If she had the answers, I don't believe Brandon would still be missing.

I agree with most of what you are saying, except the part where he could get lost. The area he ran out of gas at and the land surrounding it has several homes around it. Ho would have been close enough to the highway to see/hear cars and their lights. The homes have what we call guard lights and he should have been close enough to Bronte to see the lights from the town to steer him North. Otherwise, I think you are correct. The question is......who are the "strangers" and how can they be found?
    Why have we not seen an arrest in the Haily Dunn kidnapping and murder?
    Who murdered Hailey Dunn? Justice needs to be served this beautiful girl!

I am familiar with the area as I lived in San Angelo for many years. Went to Lakeview high school. I was not really familiar with Bronte area but have been there a few times since this happened. The phone pinging last in that area is what makes me believe he is still on that land and didn't get too far away. I believe he did run into someone, possibly locals or even land owners. Maybe someone on a lease. He might have been trying to get a ride from them or gas. Because of the 911 call, I think he ran into the wrong person or persons. I believe more than one person just from listening to the 911 tape. I honestly believe if higher level of law enforcement would get search warrants for the surrounding properties, we would know exactly who Brandon ran into that night. I know LE has said searches were done. But I just don't trust them at this point.
    Just my opinion

I am familiar with the area as I lived in San Angelo for many years. Went to Lakeview high school. I was not really familiar with Bronte area but have been there a few times since this happened. The phone pinging last in that area is what makes me believe he is still on that land and didn't get too far away. I believe he did run into someone, possibly locals or even land owners. Maybe someone on a lease. He might have been trying to get a ride from them or gas. Because of the 911 call, I think he ran into the wrong person or persons. I believe more than one person just from listening to the 911 tape. I honestly believe if higher level of law enforcement would get search warrants for the surrounding properties, we would know exactly who Brandon ran into that night. I know LE has said searches were done. But I just don't trust them at this point.
    Just my opinion

So if someone else came in to investigate and they came up with the same outcome would you be ok with it? So the issue is with the sheriff and his wife is that why you don't trust LE? What has LE done for you not to trust them? I honestly think the ball was dropped on both sides. The family and LE. LE shouldn't get all the blame

his call and what he said is what makes me believe there was no strangers or anyone that took him or he woulda said oh hold on dad theres a car coming im gonna try to stop it but he said nothing just normal talk then all the sudden OH **** the only way that makes sence is like if your walking and all the sudden u fall or something maybe a animal jumped out that would make sence for the oh **** i just think he would have said something if he seen a car coming which he would have seen..
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

Next month is the anniversary.. Where are you Brandon?
    No matter your opinion on this case.. Please keep his loved ones in your prayers.

It's ironic how the least likely to happen (statistically) "dead at the hands of strangers" ends up being the number one choice.
    I change my mind every time I look at this case.

I dont think strangers killed him, but sadly I do think he is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Criminal Justice mom View Post
    I dont think strangers killed him, but sadly I do think he is dead.
    I respectfully disagree. The 911 call to me is the best evidence of what happened to Brandon. If he knew who was after him I think he would have made it clear but "I just ran into them" and "some guys" I don't think he knew them at all. I think he ran into locals he wasn't suppose to see something or argues with them about something and they killed him. A lot of property has not been searched and some locals have denied the families request to search. In order for TexasEquaSearch to come out the local LE would have to reach out to them but have they??? No they have not and why??? What are they hiding out there? LL did the best she could to search without permission by using air search pretty much right away. She stayed there with family in a motel while they tried to get a search party but couldn't get permission from land owners. Her actions have been scrutinized by some but I look at the lengths she went to to try to find Brandon and I applaud her for her efforts even though she was climbing an uphill battle. I just think this small town micky mouse sheriff's office wants this swept under the rug and have since day one. I still maintain Brandon is out there somewhere on that land. JMO

I respectfully disagree. The 911 call to me is the best evidence of what happened to Brandon. If he knew who was after him I think he would have made it clear but "I just ran into them" and "some guys" I don't think he knew them at all. I think he ran into locals he wasn't suppose to see something or argues with them about something and they killed him. A lot of property has not been searched and some locals have denied the families request to search. In order for TexasEquaSearch to come out the local LE would have to reach out to them but have they??? No they have not and why??? What are they hiding out there? LL did the best she could to search without permission by using air search pretty much right away. She stayed there with family in a motel while they tried to get a search party but couldn't get permission from land owners. Her actions have been scrutinized by some but I look at the lengths she went to to try to find Brandon and I applaud her for her efforts even though she was climbing an uphill battle. I just think this small town micky mouse sheriff's office wants this swept under the rug and have since day one. I still maintain Brandon is out there somewhere on that land. JMO

How big of a town is it? Like small enough where everyone knows everyone? Cause if that is the case, I would think he would have named who he saw.
    I am thinking EquiSearch was called in the beginning, and for some reason they denied help. I don't know why or circumstances surrounding it. That would be interesting to know as to why LE didn't contact or why they declined help

I listened to his 911 call. I hope it isn't rude for me to say - he sounds drunk or high and kind of out of it.

I've always sort of leaned towards him running into somebody and meeting with foul play. Especially since it sounds like he said he was chased into the woods.

BUT I also knew 2 different people who did cocaine sometimes. One of them once called my husband - completely freaking out - because "there were cops in the trees". He wanted my husband to scope out the situation for him. The second guy called my husband at 5 am once. He asked my husband to come over because "somebody was in his house". My husband thought something was seriously wrong at that point, especially being 5 am. When he walked in the door the guy was peeking out from around the corner with a knife in his hand. He'd been trying to find the intruder for the last hour. My husband told him to go to bed and not to call him again.

I think it's totally believable that he might call the cops with it in his head that somebody's after him. And it would sound convincing, since he believed it. From there he could have passed out - he sounded out of breath. He could have succumbed to whatever substance, if he was on any. It was August in Texas. Heat and animals could take care of him not being found. This seems more likely to me.

On other sites I've seen people say they hear gunshots and even other voices on the 911 call. But I can't hear any of those things, just gusts of wind in the phone on occasion.

Michaela Garecht | Misty Copsey | Scott Kleeschulte | Kyron Horman | Baby Kate | Mickey Shunick

What happened to Brandon Lawson?

I know that family contacted TexasEquaSearch but were told they could not come search unless LE asked them for help. LE would not ask them. He was near Bronte when he went missing which is a small community but he was living in San Angelo so it's not known if he knew anyone in Bronte.
    Lucid.. I have considered the same thing you are thinking as a possibility. I don't hear gun shots or anyone else on the tape. If others hear whispers they also have to remember the 911 call was taken in a nursing home at the nurses desk. It makes sense that some noise might have come from there. Nursing homes are not quiet places. I think LE needs to admit that he's likely out there and let proper searches take place. His family needs answers.
    And it was believed that Brandon had been clean, but people relapse. I too have seen people hallucinating on meth and it usually is that "someone is after them". With that said I believe Brandon believed someone was chasing him, he sounds scared. I believe LE stalled too long and I agree that in that heat with the animals, he could have been gone very quickly.

Last edited by rascal32; 12-22-2016 at 02:20 AM.

I do feel for the family, the what if's, the did he suffer, or is he out there has to have a huge toll on them. Sadly it's been so long I don't think they will ever get the answers that will calm their mind, the only closure now would be, he's been found and now able to RIP.

I agree with you sadly...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast