Australia - Six yr old girl gang raped on Mornington Island QLD

they'll get you

Reaction score
Warning! put down the gun before you read this!

POLICE are investigating the gang rape of a six-year-old girl on troubled Mornington Island in the Gulf of Carpentaria.

Four boys aged 14 to 16 were arrested and quietly flown from the island to Mt Isa for questioning by detectives after the assault last week.
The four boys are in the care of the Department of Child Safety in Mt Isa.

The girl was taken to Townsville hospital and last night was in a stable condition, a senior government source confirmed.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...north-queensland/story-fnihsrf2-1226893926540

Warning! put down the gun before you read this!

POLICE are investigating the gang rape of a six-year-old girl on troubled Mornington Island in the Gulf of Carpentaria.

Four boys aged 14 to 16 were arrested and quietly flown from the island to Mt Isa for questioning by detectives after the assault last week.
The four boys are in the care of the Department of Child Safety in Mt Isa.

The girl was taken to Townsville hospital and last night was in a stable condition, a senior government source confirmed.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...north-queensland/story-fnihsrf2-1226893926540

OMG poor little girl!!!! Evil boys

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mornington Islanders want tribal justice over alleged gang rape of girl, 6

April 25, 2014

OUTRAGED Mornington Islanders want tribal justice in the alleged gang rape of a six-year-old girl in the aboriginal Gulf community.

Tribal elders condemned the “sickening act” after The Courier-Mail revealed four child suspects in the alleged sex assault had been quietly flown off the island amid fears of violent retribution.

Mayor Bradley Wilson yesterday ordered a media gag with tensions running high as the details about the alleged attack became public.

Civic leaders, the local indigenous justice group and police are urging elders against inflaming tribal tensions among the 1200-strong population

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...g-rape-of-girl-6/story-fnihsrf2-1226895379474

Flying them off the island never to be seen again doesn't seem like a solution. Presumably they'll be hardened up in a boys facility and eventually end up as anonymous predators in a big city having never been named.

Let the community seek tribal justice!! I am all for that!!

Bet there would be no more victims.

From the article above:

The highly ritualised form of tribal justice, known in the Wellesley Islands as “Junkuri”, has not been properly practised since the late 70s, the elder said. In the Gulf region, serious offenders were dealt with harshly including banishment, spearing and castration.

“I know that little girl, knowing her makes me even more upset,” the elder said.

Let the community seek tribal justice!! I am all for that!!

Bet there would be no more victims.

From the article above:

Mornington Island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2003 the Government of Queensland implemented an Alcohol Management Plan to 19 indigenous communities in Queensland where alcohol abuse was rampant.[5] The alcohol bans are aimed at alleviating high levels of domestic violence, child abuse and child neglect. The plan restricts tavern opening hours, limits sales to only light and mid-strength beers, bans takeaway alcohol sales and home brewing.[6] The Mornington Island community has been described as the toughest in Queensland when it comes to resisting alcohol bans.[5]

My heart is breaking.

That poor, sweet girl

Flying them off the island never to be seen again doesn't seem like a solution. Presumably they'll be hardened up in a boys facility and eventually end up as anonymous predators in a big city having never been named.

[bbm]

I can understand they would want to diffuse potentially violent situations before they happen but the bolded part of your statement is what I thought right away too.

What is going on with this world. Children that grow up abusing other kids because they are bored and are not raised properly.

This week I have read about 5 cases of rape of a child younger than 10.

One child was 2 and her mum and stepdad raped and video taped it. How in the word can you rape a baby? I just do not get that at all.:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

How can you let your baby be raped? I want more of those places they set up in Florida. Lock them and throw away the key.

I am SO DISGUSTED at the way humanity takes advantage of the most vulnerable people in society.

This is so disgusting. And I am really curious if these boys had access to a computer. It is frightening how easy it is for kids to watch *advertiser censored* online these days. I am worried that it is adding to the problems like the tragic one in this case.

This is so disgusting. And I am really curious if these boys had access to a computer. It is frightening how easy it is for kids to watch *advertiser censored* online these days. I am worried that it is adding to the problems like the tragic one in this case.

It absolutely is, IMO. Need to get the studies to have on hand. I'm not against *advertiser censored* unilaterally. But the claim being that *advertiser censored* lessens sexual assault because it's an outlet for urges? Get real. It just leads to desensitization and escalation—pair that with the typical teenage hormones and social frustrations and lack of impulse control...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back