759 users online (94 members and 665 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CT - Maren Sanchez, 16, fatally stabbed, Milford, 25 April 2014

Connecticut high school girl killed in apparent prom dispute

MILFORD, Connecticut (Reuters) - A 16-year-old girl was killed on Friday in an attack inside a Connecticut high school and authorities were investigating reports she was stabbed by a fellow student after rejecting his invitation to the prom, police said.

more at link...

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/co...t-prom-dispute

CT - High School student killed in apparent prom dispute

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    Connecticut high school girl killed in apparent prom dispute

MILFORD, Connecticut (Reuters) - A 16-year-old girl was killed on Friday in an attack inside a Connecticut high school and authorities were investigating reports she was stabbed by a fellow student after rejecting his invitation to the prom, police said.

more at link...

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/co...t-prom-dispute
    The incident occurred at 7 a.m. on the morning of the prom. It has since been cancelled. The victim, Maren Sanchez, was a star student, according to the Superintendent:

(Snip)

Elizabeth Feser, the city's schools superintendent, said Sanchez was a student athlete and a member of the National Honor Society, an organization that recognizes high-achievers.

"Our hearts go out to the family and friends of this very talented, energetic and popular young student," Feser, who appeared to be on the verge of tears, told the news conference.

Rest In Peace Maren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

w.t.f.
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

Poor girl---my prayers for her sweet soul, her family and friends.

RIP you bright light--may it continue to glow
    The greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Three candles that illume every darkness: truth, nature, knowledge.

"There, isn't this a beautiful piece of cloth!", exclaimed the swindlers, as they described the lovely design that didn't exist.

This is way to sad. What the heck is going on in our schools and with these kids that think they have the right to take a life when life does not go their way.
    http://wtnh.com/2014/04/25/vigil-ton...lford-student/

The parents are asking the kids to wear the prom dresses and tuxes. May the Lord comfort this family.
    "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."
    — C.S. Lewis

"If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."
    — C.S. Lewis

CT - High School student killed in apparent prom dispute

Images from linked article posted by Ricki:

Maren in her dress for the Junior Prom

She would have been SO beautiful at the Prom! Now she'll never get the chance, for any prom, nor her wedding, or children!

This story is horrifying. My heart goes out to her family and friends, as well as the staff who witnessed this violent tragedy.

findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Please keep her family in your thoughts (& the faculty and students, also!)! This was/is a horrific death scene. The decision was made early this evening to charge the 16 y/o perp (I'm NOT going to release his name) with homicide after the death certificate was completed.

This will be a case of ALL completed "t"s crossed & "i"s dotted!!

PS: it's been a very tough week for youngsters in Ct. and the OCME, too!
    “Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succure vitae”– Giovanni Margagni

"This is the place where death rejoices to teach those who live."-
    Giovanni Margagni

Quote Originally Posted by joypath View Post

Please keep her family in your thoughts (& the faculty and students, also!)! This was/is a horrific death scene. The decision was made early this evening to charge the 16 y/o perp (I'm NOT going to release his name) with homicide after the death certificate was completed.

This will be a case of ALL completed "t"s crossed & "i"s dotted!!

PS: it's been a very tough week for youngsters in Ct. and the OCME, too!
    The kids name has already been floating around twitter. I would think it came from a student.
    — C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki View Post
    The kids name has already been floating around twitter. I would think it came from a student.

Hi Ricki! YES....but I've got these tiny "handcuffs" on me called professional ethics...can't release information/"stuff" learned "in the line of duty"...SO....

BUT Monday, there is expected to be a court hearing in New Haven since he has been charged as a juvenile offender.

AND there is a possibility in the future of changing the juvenile status to adult
    “Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succure vitae”– Giovanni Margagni

"This is the place where death rejoices to teach those who live."-
    Giovanni Margagni

Image from linked article via Ricki:

findsierralamar.com

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

CT - Maren Sanchez-High School student killed in apparent prom dispute April ...

The New York Daily News has a write up on the story. It begins with a correction to a previously published error.

It then goes on to identify Maren's attacker. I hesitate to post his name. The link has it, and his name is definitely out there. This was the first story that came up when I searched Maren's name.

Here's another image of Maren (from linked story):

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1768718

She was a member of the drama club, and had an upcoming performance in "Little Shop of Horrors."

(Snip)

Sanchez, who was a member of the school's drama club, was expected to appear next weekend in the group's performance of the musical, "Little Shop of Horrors," friends said.

She was slated to peform several small roles and act as puppeteer of the the star character, a plant.

findsierralamar.com

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

CT - Maren Sanchez-High School student killed in apparent prom dispute April ...

Kleenex Alert!

Maren was a fan of Philip Phillips, American Idol Season 11 winner. He tweeted about her loss on social media. I watched a segment about Maren on the evening news here in California. So much promise, taken away forever.

This post contains a video of Maren covering the song "Home" in a recent talent show at J. Law.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/325555

Per a link in THR article, the school newspaper, The Advocate, tweeted that Maren will be crowned Prom Queen and "Home" will be the song.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jlawadvoc...55254247342080

Last edited by kimi_SFC; 04-25-2014 at 11:52 PM.
    findsierralamar.com

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Hundreds of friends in gowns and tuxedos hold memorial instead of prom to honor girl, 16, who 'was stabbed to death by classmate for refusing to go to the dance with him' just hours before event

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dance-him.html

So tragic that this young woman's life was cut short in such a horrible way. I will be appalled if the killer is not tried as an adult. This was a premeditated hate crime IMO because he killed her for refusing his date request.
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast