1358 users online (342 members and 1016 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Post TX - Rape Trial Has 2 DNA Matches To Twin Brothers, Houston, 2005

Brother Agrees To Testify Against The Other

POSTED: 2:35 pm PDT June 2, 2005
    UPDATED: 3:28 pm PDT June 2, 2005

HOUSTON -- A rape trial pitted twin brothers against each other in a Houston courtroom Thursday, TV station KPRC reported.

Prosecutors said DNA evidence from the sexual assault and abduction of a 9-year-old girl points equally to two men -- Aldo Rene Penaflor and Hugo Adrian Penaflor, 22-year-old identical twins who share the same DNA.Both men are charged with aggravated sexual assault and aggravated kidnapping in the attack in Houston on Oct. 13, 2001. Investigators said both were involved in the abduction and rape.

Aldo Penaflor's trial began Wednesday. His attorney said the fact that the DNA evidence was traced back to both brothers is enough to raise a reasonable doubt as to who actually attacked the girl, whose identity was not released to protect her privacy.

In court, the defense tried to have the DNA evidence suppressed, but the judge denied the motion. Prosecutors contend there is plenty of other evidence tying Aldo Penaflor to the crime, including statements from his brother.

Hugo Penaflor pleaded guilty to the charges in an August 2004 agreement that stated he would be sentenced to 15 years in prison if he testifies at Aldo Penaflor's trial. Hugo Penaflor told police he and his brother kidnapped the girl as she walked to school and he drove as Aldo Penaflor raped her. She was released an hour later. more at link:
    http://www.ktvu.com/news/4562457/detail.html
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

So Hugo says he drove but did not rape the girl? Has the girl said if she was raped by both? This is a tough one. Still if they have the confession and Hugo testifies they should be able to get the verdict. I am glad they did charge Hugo even if he didn't rape the little girl. He participated, and that makes him guilty in my book.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

What a couple of freaks! Sounds like they planned this knowing that the DNA would raise reasonable doubt. These pedos are getting smarter. We better start doing a better job with the laws.

Twin Who Blamed Brother Gets Life For Raping Child

A man who tried to blame his identical twin brother for the rape of a 9-year-old girl has been sentenced to life in prison.

Jurors Tuesday took less than an hour to agree on the maximum sentence for the aggravated sexual assault and kidnapping charges. DNA tests had pointed to both brothers.

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/new...61/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight