WA WA - Po Han Lee, 93, Thurston County, 26 April 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Po Han Lee
thurston-missing-man-po-han-lee.jpg

Search underway for missing 93-year old Federal Way man -

What started out as a family outing to pick ferns near Olympia, has now turned into a search and rescue operation. Thurston County Sheriff’s deputies, along with search and rescue crews, are looking for a 93-year old Federal Way man in the woods near the Nisqually Indian Reservation. The man, Po Han Lee, was out picking ferns on Saturday morning when he got separated from his family, Thurston Sheriff’s Sgt. Ray Brady told Q13 Fox News.

Read more: http://q13fox.com/2014/04/27/search-underway-for-missing-93-year-old-federal-way-man/#ixzz306zuFmBy
Read more at http://q13fox.com/2014/04/27/search...year-old-federal-way-man/#dpg9B0Jyd1Uv0pbF.99

No no no.... I VERY much dislike it when the old folks go missing. I wonder what his present state of health is like, I've been surprised by the virility of some very elderly people. I do hope he's strong and mentally acute. *fret*

I really worry too when I see an older person has gone missing. But a surprising number have been found safe and sound recently, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hope he's back with family soon.

LE suspended the search yesterday. SAR exerts believe he left the area in a vehicle.

I'm heartbroken about that because it's something often said when a dog loses a scent on the highway. People always seem to conclude the person got in a vehicle. Yet that almost never happens - it's just the dog lost the scent, not the person disappearing in a car.

The most recent well known example of this is Teleka Patrick, but there are many more.

I hope Mr Lee's family are continuing to search the area. He's healthy and fit, and may survive if help gets to him soon.

http://www.co.thurston.wa.us/sheriff/docs/press-release-14-13.pdf

Note: Mr Lee is named as Bohan (Bo) Lee in the Sheriff's release.

Well, it's been fairly warm and dry. I wish we knew exactly where they were when he went missing. If he didn't get in a car with someone and he keeps walking, he should run into a road eventually.

I hope he's found soon. :(

Mr Lee is an 'avid walker'. I hope to heaven he's walked the right way, towards a town.

Thomsen Rd is marked by the red pin, though the name doesn't show on this scale map.

I think Mr Lee disappeared in that triangle formed by the roads in blue. If he's walked towards Olympia, there's hope. But if he's gone out the open end of the triangle towards Lake St Claire, or crossed Reservation Rd and gone further into the wilderness.....

I cannot understand why searches are suspended when there are such large areas and it is so obviously a matter of life or death. Or why there is always the 'assurance' the missing person got into a car, when that is hardly ever the case.

I wish volunteers could go out looking. Time is running out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 69
Omg....i hope someone will report his whereabouts...he is my grandfather...

Welcome! I love when family checks in here, although the circumstances are troublesome to say the least. Were you with him the day he went missing?

Welcome, and I'm so sorry about your grandfather.

Are family continuing to search the area where he disappeared, do you know? It is very worrying that police have discontinued searches.

Perhaps you or another family member could set up a 'Help find' or 'Missing' Facebook page for your grandfather? This would be a very good way to let people know he is missing and you need help to find him.

Also, has anybody made a missing poster? It would be very good if they were posted in the area. People need to look in their outbuildings and on their land, in case Mr Lee took shelter somewhere. I do not think it's likely at all that he got into a vehicle.

WA doesn't seem to have implemented the Silver Alert system yet (because surely a 93 year old would qualify?).

But it does have an endangered person's alert that can be activated by WA State Patrol. They can only do that once a person has being reported missing to local law ebforcement, but that's been done already in this case.

Here is a link to WA State Patrol's missing persons page.
http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/mpu.htm

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313