759 users online (124 members and 635 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

FL - missing person, Jacksonville, 27 April 2014

Search is on for missing person in retention pond on Northside -

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. –
    The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office and Jacksonville Fire Rescue have both responded to the scene of an accident near New Berlin Road Sunday afternoon. According to JFRD, a car drove into a retention pond off Daylight Trail. Rescuers say the driver of the car is missing from the vehicle and they cannot find the victim.
    http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content...s4esLEgAA.cspx
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

In green fields, by green trees, with a sometimes blue, sometimes stormy, sky.

Cool

Wow.
    Does any one know if there even was a driver?

I'm a little confused. One account says that a car drove into the pond and the other says that the missing man went to retrieve a paddle boat that had drifted away.

Which one is accurate?
    Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
    For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Matt. 7:7-8

"Sun, Apr 27, 2014 @ 6:10 pm | updated Sun, Apr 27, 2014 @ 9:38 pm"

"Update: The man's body has been pulled from the retention pond by rescue, according to WAWS TV-30. Police haven't released additonal details."

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...#ixzz309EnBN3o

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy's Girl View Post
    Wow.
    Does any one know if there even was a driver?

I'm a little confused. One account says that a car drove into the pond and the other says that the missing man went to retrieve a paddle boat that had drifted away.

Which one is accurate?
    The story that I quoted, was that he went to retrieve a paddle boat.

Question

Wow, so was there even a car involved? Who saw this car going into the water? Super confused. Either way, it's sad and a family has lost a loved one. RIP
    Even though you can't go back and make a brand new start, you can start now and make a brand new end

It looks like the original article that los2188 posted was updated and changed from car to retrieving the paddle boat.
    And yes it's very sad! RIP!

Well geez, that is quite the typo or error! I wonder if they will share who this person is. Just feel sorry for his family.
    Even though you can't go back and make a brand new start, you can start now and make a brand new end

Quote Originally Posted by StormyNights View Post
    Well geez, that is quite the typo or error! I wonder if they will share who this person is. Just feel sorry for his family.
    Yes, the original article does say who he is as the family confirmed it, but it's odd as at the end of the article, it also says that the man's identity is not released. ???

Quote Originally Posted by Treelights View Post
    Yes, the original article does say who he is as the family confirmed it, but it's odd as at the end of the article, it also says that the man's identity is not released. ???
    This entire story was just terribly written. Seems as though they didn't check facts before posting the story, IMO. Always have to be the first to break the story even if it means false info. JMO. Drives me nuts and cause alot of confusion and wasted time sifting through the conflicting reports.

This article seems to clear things up a little, except for this???

At about 6:45 p.m. the dive team made a somber discovery. A silver bag was pulled out of the pond with a body inside.

Police have not yet identified who the man was.
    Body recovered from Northside pond
    Neighbors believe man that lived nearby may have drowned in pond

http://www.news4jax.com/news/jso-sea...faced/25686330
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 04-28-2014 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Add correct link

"WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Okay...how do you put yourself into a silver bag and drown while trying to retrieve your wayward boat?! Bad reporting again? A magic trick gone wrong? Very strange.

I hope the family gets answers soon. RIP.