1092 users online (233 members and 859 guests)  

Websleuths News

Tulsa ME's Office: Crock-Pots And Broom Closets Amid Backlog

Tulsa Medical Examiner's Office makes do with Crock-Pots and broom closets

Office finds substitutes for needed equipment

Dr. Joshua Lanter points to the black Crock-Pot holding a large femur bone at the Medical Examiner's Office in Tulsa.

The Crock-Pot, the same kind available at Target, sits near a steel autopsy table in the agency's basement examination room. It's a necessary part of some autopsies to separate tissue from bone, but the state Medical Examiner's Office must do without the proper piece of medical equipment called a boiling pot in its Tulsa and Oklahoma City offices.

~Snip~

Paper bags of evidence from murder scenes are stored on the floor in a narrow evidence closet. The anthropologist, currently trying to identify more than 130 sets of human remains, works in a converted broom closet.

~Snip~

The Medical Examiner's Office has nearly 900 pending cases statewide, an improvement from the 1,300 cases backlogged in August.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/healt...4d99069ee.html
    Last edited by SeriouslySearching; 04-28-2014 at 07:01 AM.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Tulsa Medical Examiner's Office makes do with Crock-Pots and broom closets

Office finds substitutes for needed equipment

Dr. Joshua Lanter points to the black Crock-Pot holding a large femur bone at the Medical Examiner's Office in Tulsa.

The Crock-Pot, the same kind available at Target, sits near a steel autopsy table in the agency's basement examination room. It's a necessary part of some autopsies to separate tissue from bone, but the state Medical Examiner's Office must do without the proper piece of medical equipment called a boiling pot in its Tulsa and Oklahoma City offices.

~Snip~

Paper bags of evidence from murder scenes are stored on the floor in a narrow evidence closet. The anthropologist, currently trying to identify more than 130 sets of human remains, works in a converted broom closet.

~Snip~

The Medical Examiner's Office has nearly 900 pending cases statewide, an improvement from the 1,300 cases backlogged in August.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/healt...4d99069ee.html

That's frightening and very sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Glad I don't live there.