1932 users online (335 members and 1597 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

FL - Private school being investigated for child abuse

Fort Lauderdale police have been called eight times since April to a Fort Lauderdale home operating as a private military school, including two visits in recent days to investigate allegations that a cadet had been beaten by a school employee.

WAIVERS REQUIRED

Murfreesboro, Tenn., mother Kim Powers said her daughter, Jessica, claimed that she had been injured by the log, as well.

Parents interviewed by The Herald said they were asked to sign waivers giving up the right to sue Sister Soldier's parent company, JAM Youth Connection, if their children were injured.

A copy of the waivers, given to The Herald by Powers, warned parents that their children could be harmed if staff needed to restrain them.

''Physical action will be taken against your child, and to whatever extreme the staff feels necessary at that time, to protect anyone in harm's way,'' a ''disciplinary disclaimer'' states. ``Due to the level of force that may be used, there may be bodily injuries to your child.''

Parents who signed a liability waiver gave ``permission to physically handle and restrain their child during any of the company's functions, as the company feels needed.''

The parent ''understands participation will subject the child to risk and injuries, and companies will not be liable for medical expenses or other claims for damages or death,'' the waiver states.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...y/11802617.htm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Excuse me, but any parent who signs a waiver that states:

''Physical action will be taken against your child, and to whatever extreme the staff feels necessary at that time, to protect anyone in harm's way,'' a ''disciplinary disclaimer'' states. ``Due to the level of force that may be used, there may be bodily injuries to your child.''

Parents who signed a liability waiver gave ``permission to physically handle and restrain their child during any of the company's functions, as the company feels needed.''

The parent ''understands participation will subject the child to risk and injuries, and companies will not be liable for medical expenses or other claims for damages or death,'' the waiver states.

IS A COMPLETE IDIOT.

Yeah, first they give permission to abuse the kids, then they complain about it. Still I am glad that they are investigating the school and shutting it down. I hope they file charges, otherwise it will just open again somewhere else. And another group of stupid parents will sign the waiver.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Who sends their kids to school at someone's home? operating as a school?

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Who sends their kids to school at someone's home? operating as a school?

From the way the article described it, I think it is a small private school for "troubled" teenage girls.