1053 users online (205 members and 848 guests)  

Websleuths News

Reeva Rebecca Steenkamp

Reeva Steenkamp: Model, law graduate and 'sweetest human being'
    By Faith Karimi, CNN
    updated 9:09 AM EST, Mon March 3, 2014

snipped
    "I woke up in a happy, safe home this morning," she tweeted. "Not everyone did."
    CNN Exclusive: Photos show Reeva Steenkamp's transformation
    From Robyn Curnow, CNN
    updated 1:45 PM EDT, Mon June 3, 2013

snipped
    "That's Reeva in her natural beauty," Smith said. "Not a stitch of makeup on. Hair blowing in the wind with the sea behind her, sun setting behind her."
    Last edited by bessie; 04-29-2014 at 12:18 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Hello!

Hello everyone!

I'm newly registered after having read Websleuths for awhile; this court case got me to finally register so I can add in my thoughts. I've watched every minute of this trial and it's safe to say I'm probably obsessed. It's just so fascinating and my family moved from South Africa a year before I was born...due to the violence. So I feel connected to it for that reason too.

I wanted to share a documentary that is FASCINATING.
    It was done by Channel 5 and is called "Why Did Oscar Pistorius Kill Our Daughter." Warning -- it's pretty sad and made me cry. You will learn a lot about Reeva.

http://putlocker.bz/watch-why-did-os...putlocker.html

I will probably share this link again when the general discussion opens up again!

Edited: oops first wrote Channel 4 but it's Channel 5!

She really was so beautiful .. there are some lovely photos of her on this facebook page set up in her memory .. https://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-R...34?ref=profile

First episode of the reality show featuring Reeva recorded just month's before her death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgWTJk7Sho

The horrible irony that Reeva probably dreamed of being as famous as she has been since 14th February last year has just dawned on me, so tragic.

A beautiful young woman who did not deserve what happened to her. I hope he pays the price.

Another video worth watching

This may have been linked in this forum before but being new, I haven't seen it. So just in case, it's really worth watching.

It's by the Discovery Channel and called The Trial of Oscar Pistorius:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLlRIIIDsI0

It's really heart-breaking to see interviews with her parents. Especially Barry Steenkamp. He hasn't been able to go to the trial due to a minor stroke, but he wants to and in this video talks about it. I suspect he will be there after this break.

Is there anyway this can be kept at the top. We need to remember what this is all about. It's about Justice for Reeva. These videos are so sad but remind us that Reeva was so loved and such a lovely young woman.

My first post!

I saw the documentary first mentioned 'Why did Oscar Pistorius kill our daughter' and it was heartbreaking.

Reeva' start really captured my attention and I just can't get it out of my head. There's a painting she did where a woman appears to be about to ascend to heaven, she has angel wings. And there's a shadowy figure in the background which could be holding a firearm.

What really freaked me out though were the shadowy figure's legs, they are really abnormally elongated, like OP's blades. I just can't get it out of my head. I will find a link.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Okay images from the documentary in this news link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ion-death.html

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jslk View Post
    My first post!

I saw the documentary first mentioned 'Why did Oscar Pistorius kill our daughter' and it was heartbreaking.

Reeva' start really captured my attention and I just can't get it out of my head. There's a painting she did where a woman appears to be about to ascend to heaven, she has angel wings. And there's a shadowy figure in the background which could be holding a firearm.

What really freaked me out though were the shadowy figure's legs, they are really abnormally elongated, like OP's blades. I just can't get it out of my head. I will find a link.

I saw that and it is very very eerie.

I have gone back and forth about this case. But no matter what he killed her, I don't think it was premeditated but I believe he intended to kill someone through that door.

I hope that in the end her family gets some justice and feels good about the outcome. No one will bring this beautiful girl back. But I hope they can rest with the outcome.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

Demonstrating her cooking skills.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...=gallery&ino=5

Reeva was such a beautiful, sweet, and good-hearted person. She deserved to live a long life with someone she loved.

In her last hours of life I believe she realized she'd gotten involved with absolutely the wrong person, but would not have believed he would actually harm her. Then came the horrible moment and blood curdling scream when she realized she was going to die.

I hope he pays for it with his life. He snuffed out a beautiful life so he doesn't deserve his life, IMO.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!