Thread: Bodies of Four Infants Found in Austria

Bodies of Four Infants Found in Austria

VIENNA, Austria - The bodies of four slain infants have been found at an apartment complex in southern Austria - two stuffed in a basement freezer and two entombed in paint buckets filled with cement, police said Friday.

The infants' 32-year-old mother confessed to killing them out of despair over her inability to pay the bills and the fear that having children might drive away her longtime male partner, investigators told the Austria Press Agency.

Both the woman and her 38-year-old companion were arrested and placed under formal investigation for murder.

<snip>

The gruesome discoveries began Monday when a resident of the multifamily apartment block went to the basement to get ice cream for his children from a chest freezer shared by the building's occupants, Graz's Kleine Zeitung newspaper reported Friday. The stunned tenant discovered the dead baby, wrapped in a plastic bag, in the freezer and called police.

<snip>

Police told APA that they believed the bodies in the freezer may have been placed there as long as three years ago.

http://start.earthlink.net/article/i...06031824606380

Three years in a shared community freezer and nobody noticed until now??!!!

When the children cry let them know we tried 'Cause when the the children sing then the new world begins

I can't imagine being so selfish that you would kill your children (if indeed they were born alive -- I'd seen reports that they *may* have been stillborn) just so they wouldn't interfere with your current lifestyle. Did this boyfriend have no idea she was pregnant? I know some women hardly ever show, but come on...

There are so many people out there who would love a new baby, but can't have one. Surely she could have put the baby up for adoption???

But I guess that would take a rational mind.....

here is what it said about them being stillborn

Although police initially kept open the possibility that the infants may have been stillborn, evidence at the scene quickly pointed to the newborns' slayings before being hidden, police said.

Why do people do things like this to "hang on" to a man? I just don't understand it, I really don't
    When the children cry let them know we tried 'Cause when the the children sing then the new world begins

Quote Originally Posted by lady-eowyn

Although police initially kept open the possibility that the infants may have been stillborn, evidence at the scene quickly pointed to the newborns' slayings before being hidden, police said.

Why do people do things like this to "hang on" to a man? I just don't understand it, I really don't
    were these all her babies, or were any of them stolen, black market, etc??
    several infants and no one asking her where her "babies" were?? Wasn't she noticably pregnant? No one asked her, hey what happened to your babies??

were they all killed at different times? How many times was she pregnant??
    Are any of them twins?

This whole thing is
    very odd.

ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by lady-eowyn

I don't either; I truly don't.

with love,

Ariel

I feel so sorry for that man that found the baby. Can you imagine? I think I would have trouble eating anything frozen for the rest of my life.