836 users online (138 members and 698 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78
Results 1,156 to 1,167 of 1167
    Controversy Over Lawyer Access To Bobo Murder Suspect

Autry's attorney Fletcher Long wants better access.

This past week, Long complained that Riverbend has not allowed him face-to-face, private meetings with Autry, who is in segregation.

"We are either interviewing him at his cell or through very thick glass through which I'm not able to hear," Long stated.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/25...murder-suspect
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

The Tennessee Department of Corrections issued a response last week which reads in part: "The presence of a glass barrier does not infringe upon attorney client privilege... Fletcher Long has not been denied or otherwise had access to his client limited. TDOC will continue to apply it's policies..."

Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The war of words has escalated, and it could jeopardize the case against one of the Holly Bobo murder suspects.

The attorney for suspect Jason Autry said he may ask the judge to dismiss the indictment, claiming Riverbend Maximum Security Prison is hindering Autry's right to a legal defense.

Not good imo. Why can't they do face to face without a barrier?

Ugh..we don't need any hiccups if this goes to trial.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Quote Originally Posted by reedus23 View Post
    BBM - I think that was part of the problem. TBI got so bogged down having to run down every last tip/lead/rumor and so many people were throwing out theories/suspects that it ate up the TBI's time having to run down each one. It's an example of the damage a crackpot like Tony Calabrese do.
    That's BS, imo

Are you saying TC who was in Ohio was more of a threat than the local ****s with rap sheets longer than the Nile River? What a waste of time chasing after someone who only wanted to help find Holly. I'm sure they're embarrassed by the time and resources wasted.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Quote Originally Posted by Wonless View Post
    Really wondering why ZA said about DA, "he's the one that started all this..."

Maybe that's what is missing here
    This is a great question that I have asked myself many times now.

If we could answer this question, we may have the key to the motive of why she was taken in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post

Autry's attorney Fletcher Long wants better access.

This past week, Long complained that Riverbend has not allowed him face-to-face, private meetings with Autry, who is in segregation.

"We are either interviewing him at his cell or through very thick glass through which I'm not able to hear," Long stated.

Notice the "at his cell OR".

Could it be the lawyer just doesnt like going into the cell and the only other alternative is through the glass. This could be just that the laywer doesnt like going into the cell and having to walk by all the other prisoners.

So long as officials at the prison are using the same procedures for other inmates as they are with him then it is just too bad for the lawyer however if they are doing something different then the lawyer has a valid argument IMO.

So far I am not too impressed with this lawyer because he seems to use terms like "OR", "MAYBE" a lot. He could just be blowing a lot of smoke with no real basis on things.

IMO, just more "me, me, me" from JA. Seems like he wants to keep deflecting attention away from the actual crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonless View Post
    Really wondering why ZA said about DA, "he's the one that started all this..."

Maybe that's what is missing here

Quote Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post
    This is a great question that I have asked myself many times now.

If we could answer this question, we may have the key to the motive of why she was taken in the first place.

1st BBM: My first impression when I heard this was that ZA was po'd at his brother DA because he was "ratting" him [Zach] out ... and DA was "talking" to reduce his own jail time ...

On the other hand, it is possible that DA did "start all this" -- but WHAT did he start ?

2nd BBM: I would also like to know the "motive"

JMO and

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Exactly. In reading the case and court ruling, I came to the very same conclusion. It was not really the failure to report, but rather the active involvement after the fact, that was the basis for his charges and conviction.
    I read the Court of Appeals opinion in Boyd's case. He was charged and convicted of 1) accessory after the fact and 2) misprision of felony. To quote the Court: "An individual is guilty of being an accessory after the fact when he, 'knowing that an offense against the United States has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment.' 18 U.S.C. 3. Misprision of a felony occurs when a person, 'having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post
    Notice the "at his cell OR".

Could it be the lawyer just doesnt like going into the cell and the only other alternative is through the glass. This could be just that the laywer doesnt like going into the cell and having to walk by all the other prisoners.

So long as officials at the prison are using the same procedures for other inmates as they are with him then it is just too bad for the lawyer however if they are doing something different then the lawyer has a valid argument IMO.

So far I am not too impressed with this lawyer because he seems to use terms like "OR", "MAYBE" a lot. He could just be blowing a lot of smoke with no real basis on things.
    Typical defense attorney
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

A new thread is on the rise. Be ready for sudden departure!

Last edited by KateB; 05-16-2015 at 09:45 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78