GUILTY OH - Asia Cathey, 3 mos, beaten to death, Cincinnati, 28 April 2014

Indy Anna

Reaction score
http://www.hngn.com/articles/30035/20140429/father-fatally-punched-3-month-old-daughter-fit-frustration-ohio.htm

Father punched the infant, Asia Cathey, in the mouth because she wouldn't stop crying. :(

Normally, a parent would determine if their crying baby is hungry, needs his/diaper changed or just wants to be cuddled. Shavale Johnson doesn't deserve to be a parent.

The mother was present when the father punched Asia around 9:00 p.m., but she didn't call 911 until after midnight. I wonder if she was afraid of him and waited until he fell asleep. She is not being charged. In another article, I read that later in the morning, she ran to a neighbor's crying because her baby had died. It also said that Shavale Johnson had previously been charged with punching a woman in the mouth. Women need to get themselves and their children away from these dangerous men. There were 4 other children living with Johnson.

what needs to happen to this man and possibly that mother are things I cannot write on here. Such a disrespect for life, even their own baby is disgusting.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/avondale-man-charged-in-3-month-olds-death
<snipped>
"I want our daughter speaking for me . . . and our daughter and the rest of our family,&#8221; said Jade Cathey, mother of Asia Cathey. &#8220;I just want Shavale to serve some time, like for our daughter and also to get some serious help because that's what he needs.&#8221;
<snipped>
"In the past he used to be yelling at Asia, like how much she would be crying and he just can't handle it," Jade Cathey said. &#8220;He was always saying to me, 'Baby I need some help, baby I need some help."
I will spare readers the awful details about Asia's injuries and death. Things don't add up: What happened in the 3 hours between Jade Cathey first seeing her daughter's injuries and calling 911? Why were small children (4 others in apartment) still up at midnight?

And, like I need some help baby....help understanding why Cathey didn't leave this abuser long ago. There was plenty of evidence that Johnson needed help managing his anger issues long before this incident. Now is a bit late to suggest he get help. He should never be allowed around children ever again. I hope he spends the remainder of his life in prison.

Eight year sentence and credit for the 822 days he has already served? So he will be out in five years maybe? I hope the other four children living with him will be kept away when he gets out.
I can't believe he punched a three month old baby in the mouth. Unbelievable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back