754 users online (66 members and 688 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

MS - Boy, 8, Louisville, 28 April 2014

Search continues for missing 8-year-old -

LOUISVILLE, Miss. (AP) -
    Authorities are renewing efforts to find an 8-year-old boy missing from Monday's tornado. Team members take over for other searchers who since Monday have been picking their way through a splintered forest on the southeast edge of Louisville (LEWIS-ville). Searchers found the boy's mother and father Tuesday blown some distance from their destroyed home, bringing the tornado's death total in Winston County to nine.
    http://www.wjtv.com/story/25384679/s...ing-8-year-old

An infinite loop -->MS MS - 8 year old boy, Louisville, 28 April 2014 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 05-03-2014 at 11:32 AM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Praying for good news. They found a 4 year old girl alive in the rubble this morning. I live a couple of hours from Louisville but travel through there on by regular basis. Our own town was hit pretty good, south of there. It's been a tough couple of days in Mississippi.

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    This is just heartbreaking that this little man has not yet been found. I, too, am praying for a miracle here, for this little guy. As each hour passes I realize the chances grow rapidly slimmer, but I'm holding out hope.

My prayers for all the so very many who've been so greatly affected by this weeks powerful and deadly storms. I lost a family member 3 years ago when the massive tornado wiped out the teeny town of Smithville, MS, on April 27, 2011, and the majority of the other family that live there lost everything they'd spent their entire lives building. They were undeterred by losing all that was material to them, and focused on the fact that their lives were all spared that day. They have only grown stronger, and closer, though, throughout these past three years in their new found appreciation for every day of their lives since living through that terrifying 10 seconds of time that took away so much, from so many.

In having gone down there on multiple occasions to help rebuild I have been very much touched by the strength and spirit of that little town, and their dogged determination to rebuild, rather than move away..

Again, my prayers for the many who've been affected by this latest powerful force of nature that in one fell swoop wipes out so much, for so many. I'm hanging on to the hope, even as small as it might be, that this little guy could still yet be found alive.
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

They have a photo of him circulating now. I don't know how to post it here. It's in this tweet I posted below. His parents died in the tornado and were found a half mile away from their home.

@WLBT: STORM LATEST: Confirmed death toll with names; search continues for 8-year-old
    Latest details: http://t.co/jGViEtaA9e http://t.co/2Lx3U4CUrN

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Thank you, los2188. It just breaks my heart. What a sweet, little face.

Still searching. Bringing in multiple outside agencies with more experience.

@crabblers: Many of the search crews today include Jxn Metro teams Madison Ridgeland Flowood Reservoir #louisville #missingchild http://t.co/hSD5naEF6k

So now Mississippi's death toll fron the deadly tornadoes goes up by one, making that 14. Tyler's body has now been found. Rest in peace sweet boy.

@crabblers: Tyler Tucker's body has been found according to the family pastor Mason Joy. #louisville #missingchildfound
    Last edited by Quill; 05-01-2014 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Correction

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/n...torms/8577259/

Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 7:27 a.m. CDT May 2, 2014

The body of a missing 8-year-old Louisville boy whose parents were both killed by Monday's tornadoes has finally been found, officials said Thursday.

how sad all the way around.