Actor Bob Hoskins has died

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Actor Bob Hoskins dies at 71, publicist says

By CNN Staff

updated 9:27 AM EDT, Wed April 30, 2014

(CNN) -- Oscar-nominated British actor Bob Hoskins, known in part for roles in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and "Mermaids," died Tuesday at age 71, his publicist Clair Dobbs said Wednesday.

His passing comes nearly two years after he retired from acting following his diagnosis of Parkinson's disease.

He was perhaps best known for 1988's live-action and animation hybrid "Who Framed Roger Rabbit." In the comedy, he played toon-hating detective Eddie Valiant, who takes takes up the task of proving the innocence of the cartoon title character, accused of murder...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/30/showbiz/obit-bob-hoskins/index.html

Oh, I loved him! We just watched "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" last month. And, "Mermaids" with Cher is one of my all time favorite films (for that genre). I can hear his voice in my head now, "If you care about us, would it kill you to show it?" RIP!!

'Mona Lisa' actor Bob Hoskins, dies at 71

JILL LAWLESS, AP
35 minutes ago

LONDON (AP) — British actor Bob Hoskins, whose varied career ranged from noir drama "Mona Lisa" to animated fantasy "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" has died aged 71.

A family statement released Wednesday by publicist Clair Dobbs said Hoskins died in a hospital after a bout of pneumonia. He had been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 2012.

A versatile character actor capable of menace, quiet poignancy and Cockney charm, Hoskins appeared in some of the most acclaimed British films of the past few decades, including gangster classic "The Long Good Friday." His Hollywood roles included "Mermaids" and "Hook." ...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20140430/EU--Britain-Obit-Hoskins/

He made a film with maybe, Harrison Ford?, about a man who died in a car that went into some body of water. I cannot recall the name, it was in the 1990s. But I remember being very impressed with his acting in that role.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back